10+ Year Old Account

Horrific Vision carrying

How far should the alts cloak/etc be at for a full clear with 5 masks? Does the alt also need to be alive to receive rewards?

Any info is helpful, thanks
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    How far should the alts cloak/etc be at for a full clear with 5 masks? Does the alt also need to be alive to receive rewards?

Any info is helpful, thanks
    I recently boosted some healer druid, he had like 12 ish cloak and upgraded for cheat death, elite extermination, expansive mind

I believe I've seen a requirement of at least R10 cloak. The carry needs to tag each boss to receive the chest reward.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

So, in my experience of carrying my buddy....

To receive the item at the end, they just need to be alive for the final boss kill.

I'm also not entirely sure if they actually have to be alive for that kill either, just present.

I had a situation last week with my buddy in Stormwind where I'm unsure if I actually got him resurrected right as the boss died or not, I think I didn't, but he still did get the reward.

If someone else can chime in and say for sure that people only need to be present for the final boss, that'd be great info to know in the future. I might be able to test that with an alt account later today to find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I believe I've seen a requirement of at least R10 cloak. The carry needs to tag each boss to receive the chest reward.

Great to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/FCNDuOd.png[/IG]
    This is a booosting-communitys demands on a carry in the bottom there, could take some notes of them perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I recently boosted some healer druid, he had like 12 ish cloak and upgraded for cheat death, elite extermination, expansive mind
    Big help, thanks.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The carry needs to tag each boss to receive the chest reward.
    The carry just needs to be alive during the kill, the tag is not needed. When i carry people with high enough cloaks i just get them to 'afk' at spawn (they still need to kill any add spawns on them), elite extermination + cheat death keeps them alive for entire run and they receive full rewards.

Really? I did a carry once and she died before Shaw. Also died before Alleria. Could not loot either chest but still got the achieve for masks.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post

This is a booosting-communitys demands on a carry in the bottom there, could take some notes of them perhaps.
    wait, I am confused by the last line - isn't a 470 item given on a full run 5 mask anyway? so you could pay 160k for the run instead of 220k

Really? I did a carry once and she died before Shaw. Also died before Alleria. Could not loot either chest but still got the achieve for masks.
    There is the issue.

Dead as area is cleared with no boss tag = No credit
    Dead as area is cleared with boss tag = Full credit
    Alive as area is cleared with no boss tag = Full credit
    Last edited by dahoon; 2020-06-08 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    wait, I am confused by the last line - isn't a 470 item given on a full run 5 mask anyway? so you could pay 160k for the run instead of 220k
    Difference is probably they keep you along+alive for the ride in full run to get maximum mementos, but you go afk until end boss just for the 470 which is less work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Full run = all 5 chests (1 large, 4 small)
    5 mask only for item = only one chest (1 large)

both runs get 470 item and achievements, full run just receives more of the other rewards like echos, pets and mementos.

Depends. If they just want the 470 item, they only need to survive long enough to die in front of the last boss area, then you can solo the whole thing and rez them at the end.

If they want every chest, they need to be alive to tag each end boss. This can be tricky with a low cloak, but you can have them die by the end boss or an area of your choosing and rez them right before you kill the boss. You can also rez them with an orb. So for example here's how I carry lower (10ish) cloak levels with elite extermination through org:

- Clear first area and go left
    - make way to the upper left hard area, carry dies in the middle
    - rez carry when last boss is at about 10% so they get EE proc. Free rez

- Make my way to the left side easy zone, have them get to the area in front of the boss before they die.
    - Clear trash, click totems, then rez carry with an orb and kill boss.

- Head over to the right side of the map. It's important they survive until you hit the caster boss with the shield, you can rez them before he dies as well.
    - Kill the bear, get on a group mount and do the skip when it's safe.
    - Orb right before pulling rexxar and you should get a gift proc during the fight.

- Go back to thrall. Orb Thrall, lust and burn. Carry only has to tag Thrall. Can be dead at the end.