Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I was under the impression that Life and Death are both vital parts of the cosmic balance. So none can technically be "the enemy of all"
    You're thinking on too large a scale, bring it down to our (the player's) level.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Could have doesn't equal should. An entire world corrupted so long ago that practically nothing else remains just doesn't have the diversity to carry an entire expansion. Not without stretching it quite thin, which would be hated once again. So its either monotonous design, even if it fits the lore, or more creative stretching to avoid that. Either would be hated by some part of the player base.
    God I hate this "argument". Let's see

• Outland cannot carry an entire expansion, it's just a red wasteland (that's all we knew before BC).
    • Northrend cannot carry an entire expansion, it's just a huge chunk of ice (as portrayed in WC3).
    • The Broken Isles cannot carry an entire expansion, they are just a small bunch of volcanic islands (same as above).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    You're thinking on too large a scale, bring it down to our (the player's) level.
    Well, we as players aren't immortal, and we shouldn't be. So I fail to see why should Death be considered THE enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was UNdeath that was whispered to be the enemy of all. Wasn't it one of the whispers of Il'ganoth?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was totally just morally grey.

God I hate this "argument". Let's see

• Outland cannot carry an entire expansion, it's just a red wasteland (that's all we knew before BC).
    • Northrend cannot carry an entire expansion, it's just a huge chunk of ice (as portrayed in WC3).
    • The Broken Isles cannot carry an entire expansion, they are just a small bunch of volcanic islands (same as above).
    Considering Blizzard did not make an expansion out of either Argus or Nazjatar they did not think they could carry an entire expansion. Simple as that.

Well, we as players aren't immortal, and we shouldn't be. So I fail to see why should Death be considered THE enemy.
    Because Immortal wouldn't fear death... that's the point of being "Immortal", so those with a finite life span, will fear death, even though we know it's inevitable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Legion was totally just morally grey.
    It was at least a little more nuanced than BfA. In Legion, you could see KJ doubting the Legion's actual worth. You could see all manners of people allying themselves with a frankly questionable guy such as Illidan - and not necessarily out of admiration (although it was certainly the case with the Illidari), but rather because "the enemy of my enemy...". You could see the Rogues' class hall trying to make clear what had actually happened in the Broken Shore, in order to chill the !@#& out of those moronic faction leaders.

In Legion, they at least made an effort at being actually grey, instead of the cringey black and white narrative of BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Immortal wouldn't fear death... that's the point of being "Immortal", so those with a finite life span, will fear death, even though we know it's inevitable.
    Mortals don't need to fear death either... Unless you are an Arthas, a Sylvanas or something, I guess.

Mortals don't need to fear death either... Unless you are an Arthas, a Sylvanas or something, I guess.
    The fear of Death is the sole driving force of Evolution, Adaptation, and Innovation in a species. Yes, Mortals fear death, that's why they are "mortals".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering Blizzard did not make an expansion out of either Argus or Nazjatar they did not think they could carry an entire expansion. Simple as that.
    The argument from ignorance is strong here.

- - - Updated - - -

The fear of Death is the sole driving force of Evolution, Adaptation, and Innovation in a species. Yes, Mortals fear death, that's why they are "mortals".
    Do Darwinian evolution, adaptation and species innovation actually exist in Azeroth? Source please.

5+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm...
    I'll take that as a lack of arguments, correct me if I'm wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hate the whole Void Lord bullshit/retcon so much.

They're cheap, stupid and are entirely uninteresting.

I'll take that as a lack of arguments, correct me if I'm wrong.
    You never did any of the quest that dealt with the Titan Facilities, did you. Like the "The Platinum Discs" in Uldaman? "Troggs are related to dwarves, but if anything, the two races are distant cousins. ... While the dwarves evolved into the stocky creatures known today, the troggs retained a stronger connection to the stone from which they were made." taken from the https://wow.gamepedia.com/Trogg post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I hate the whole Void Lord bullshit/retcon so much.

They're cheap, stupid and are entirely uninteresting.
    Void Lords aren't a retcon, its not like they never existed, we didn't know about them. They're in the unknown and so far no reference has been made to them. Yeah totally uninteresting @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Void Lords aren't a retcon, its not like they never existed, we didn't know about them. They're in the unknown and so far no reference has been made to them. Yeah totally uninteresting @_@
    Yes they are a retcon. Suddenly they became the reason why Sargeras went bad.

It was explicitly stated before that Sargeras lost faith in the Titan's missions due his endless battles with the demons. Not a whisper about gooey tentacle bois.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Didn't think they could carry an entire expansion or had no desire to even entertain the idea because they had no creative urge to, since they have a hardon for sylvanAss and expanding into new unforeseen lore where they can do whatever the fuck they want without having people harp on them for bastardizing or making lore mistakes?
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-06-08 at 06:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You never did any of the quest that dealt with the Titan Facilities, did you. Like the "The Platinum Discs" in Uldaman? "Troggs are related to dwarves, but if anything, the two races are distant cousins. ... While the dwarves evolved into the stocky creatures known today, the troggs retained a stronger connection to the stone from which they were made." taken from the https://wow.gamepedia.com/Trogg post.
    You didn't read a lot about about the Titans, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    The titans (sometimes capitalized) are a race of colossal, planet-sized cosmic beings, composed of arcane magic and the primordial matter from which the universe was born. They roamed across the cosmos like walking worlds, imbued with the raw power of creation itself. The titans used this incredible force to find and awaken others of their kind. Hailing from the far reaches of the cosmos, they shaped and brought life and order to countless worlds across the Great Dark Beyond. They were described as perfect and majestic beings who are akin to gods.
    Looks like life in Azeroth is primordially of creationist origin, as opposed to evolutionist or Darwinist.

You didn't read a lot about about the Titans, did you? Looks like life in Azeroth is primordially of creationist origin, as opposed to evolutionist or Darwinist.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Curse_of_Flesh I'll just leave this here for you.

5+ Year Old Account
    For me the mayor villain has always be Kil´jaeden. He corrupted the orcs, that cause Warcraft 1 and 2, He created the Lich King that cause Warcraft 3 and a lot more. Surely Sargeras was his boss and all of that, but he dosen´t do that much against Azeroth directly, so I don´t care that much about he as much as I care for Kil´jaeden. And the way he died in Legion was really disapointing for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Curse_of_Flesh I'll just leave this here for you.
    That is not Darwinist evolution. Good try, though.