Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver stopped responding

Hey folks,

I’m experiencing the kernel mode crash, especially during wow or hots play, sometimes randomly while just browsing internet or right after pc boot. It causes usually black screen for a few seconds and then the audio is not working. Less usually the whole game or pc crashes. Its very annoying, Ive did all the guides you can google up (drivers are up to date and so on) not very effective so far.

The only thing I want to do yet is to clean the video card and pc guts with air compressor from dust, however if this wont work, im hesitating buying a new video card and replacing it.

I’m curious if theres anyone who had some similar experience or just could give any kind of advice here?
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    You will get more help asking here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/290-Computer

thank you, will try, although i dont think i will get more than on the nvidia forums.

Try uninstalling the Drivers, rebooting and reinstalling them.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Also go to start, run then type in Dxdiag. Go to the Display tap. If it is a driver conflict, problem it should be listed under Notes.

Quote Originally Posted by koppi View Post
    thank you, will try, although i dont think i will get more than on the nvidia forums.
    Is there a reason you are using such an old driver? You're like 150 driver revisions behind the current release.

(sorry for the notification Acidbaron, quoted the wrong post)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koppi View Post
    Hey folks,

I’m experiencing the kernel mode crash, especially during wow or hots play, sometimes randomly while just browsing internet or right after pc boot. It causes usually black screen for a few seconds and then the audio is not working. Less usually the whole game or pc crashes. Its very annoying, Ive did all the guides you can google up (drivers are up to date and so on) not very effective so far.

The only thing I want to do yet is to clean the video card and pc guts with air compressor from dust, however if this wont work, im hesitating buying a new video card and replacing it.

I’m curious if theres anyone who had some similar experience or just could give any kind of advice here?
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't want to use a air compressor to clean your PC. The air will have moisture in it. Use compressed air in a can instead.

And MMO Champ has a dedicated forum thread for computer issues. You would get more and maybe better advice there.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-06-08 at 12:19 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'll admit that I still use an air compressor with a blower attachment for cleaning out my PC. Have been doing it for years. But yes, I generally wouldn't recommend it to other people without knowing exactly what sort of air compressors they're using.

Now I'm imagining someone trying to use a rusty/old air compressor that's insanely high pressure and has been sitting in a shed for a while, to clean out a $3000 gaming rig, and that's a scary thought...

And using a nylon/unearthed endpiece that slowly builds up 10kV of static potential that then jumps to the motherboard when they accidentally put it too close ...