Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Doing whatever in the game does not have more or less meaning than anything else you can do in the game.

If this is how they pass time, it's on them. The game always allowed this and it has been an ongoing activity since the beginning of time.
    I would only counter that the difference in griefing and other in-game activities you can choose to do is that griefing intentionally makes another player's game time worse. Granted the players who are flagged for PVP don't have any excuses to complain, though it is quite funny to hear them whine, complain, and get physically upset, when they get ganked, but when you are in group with them, they like nothing more than to kill/gank/grief any opposite faction players they can.

Reminds me of my 5-year old nephew playing console games against his cousins. If he lost he would cry and yell and flop around on the floor, but if he ever wins a game he's in their face pointing in their face laughing at them. I just figure griefers have the same mentality as my 5 year old nephew, so I can understand why some folks assume they have some mental issues given that they are much older and presumably more mature than a 5 year old.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

This thread is making me want COVID to win.

I would assume they do it to provoke reaction like someone getting so sweaty over it to log their main and then log to MMOC to rant about it on forums and make wild speculations about mental health (lol).

I would camp the piss out of the OP too after reading this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    how about you ask the people in this thread who are claiming that as their objective, before you serenade me with more questions that have nothing to do with what I am saying? Once you have figured out why they want to camp lowbies for the sole purpose of making people upset then you can come back and ask me.
    Yeah, I find it funny to see people pretending what we all see isn't actually there. I can remember the first time around when we had server forums during BC, the people laughing at all the level 60's who were trying to quest in HP but couldn't. On my server there was one guild that typically had a group of 3-10 players at any given time who had one Horde spy in Thrallmar that would watch general chat so they would see whenever someone was trying to get help to fight an elite, and that group would then wait till you engaged the elite and then swoop down and murder the group. If you got your Level 70's then that group would just fly up out of range.

Or they would coordinate with a horde priest, so that they could drop down in Thrallmar to gank the lowbies and before the guards can get them, the horde priest would MC them and heal them to full so they could start killing again. I'm not sure what the PVP counter to that is.

Then go to the server forum where people were complaining about the group and their "spy". You can see the people were upset. The people ganking weren't getting anything else out of it other than the anger of the players they were killing. And the typically response to every post was "QQ more" and "your tears are tasty". So yeah, it was pretty obvious the only reason they did it was to make other people upset, and it wasn't just a "we're bored" thing. They had to create an account to have a character sitting in Thrallmar all day and they were coordinating outside of the game.

Sociopathic is the word that comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    I would assume they do it to provoke reaction like someone getting so sweaty over it to log their main and then log to MMOC to rant about it on forums and make wild speculations about mental health (lol).

I would camp the piss out of the OP too after reading this bullshit.
    How would you describe the pleasure you get to make someone that upset?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, I find it funny to see people pretending what we all see isn't actually there. I can remember the first time around when we had server forums during BC, the people laughing at all the level 60's who were trying to quest in HP but couldn't. On my server there was one guild that typically had a group of 3-10 players at any given time who had one Horde spy in Thrallmar that would watch general chat so they would see whenever someone was trying to get help to fight an elite, and that group would then wait till you engaged the elite and then swoop down and murder the group. If you got your Level 70's then that group would just fly up out of range.

Or they would coordinate with a horde priest, so that they could drop down in Thrallmar to gank the lowbies and before the guards can get them, the horde priest would MC them and heal them to full so they could start killing again. I'm not sure what the PVP counter to that is.

Then go to the server forum where people were complaining about the group and their "spy". You can see the people were upset. The people ganking weren't getting anything else out of it other than the anger of the players they were killing. And the typically response to every post was "QQ more" and "your tears are tasty". So yeah, it was pretty obvious the only reason they did it was to make other people upset, and it wasn't just a "we're bored" thing. They had to create an account to have a character sitting in Thrallmar all day and they were coordinating outside of the game.

Sociopathic is the word that comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

How would you describe the pleasure you get to make someone that upset?
    i remember HP gank fests. honestly i saw an even skew. The server i started on was pretty tight knit through horde and alliance. meaning you had teams on both sides and you did gank each other but there was definitely comms through ventrilo back then.

the interesting part is. there were people definitely people on both sides that were eventually found out, to have absolutely zero skill in pvp and would get decimated in arenas so they would just go to HP and gank lowbies or go to nagrand and try to kill ppl who would engage the elites for the wanted quests. eventually due to the comms between both factions those people just ended up sidelined. some of them had absolutely nil social skill and couldnt get into the pve scene.

obviously this doesnt mean some higher skilled pve and pvp players didnt indulge in the ganking. they definitely did. but they didnt go out hunting for lowbies for pleasure or make it a pass time.

and you are right. theyd go into server forums and give the generic "QQ" reply. but eventually the server sidelined these goofs and they either xfered or left. word spread fast back then on both sides if you were an idiot.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    that 10-30% is a compensation for the fact that you WILL get ganked not to level faster....

And what about all talents/bonuses/extra abilities that someone loses when they turn WM OFF?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I would only counter that the difference in griefing and other in-game activities you can choose to do is that griefing intentionally makes another player's game time worse. Granted the players who are flagged for PVP don't have any excuses to complain, though it is quite funny to hear them whine, complain, and get physically upset, when they get ganked, but when you are in group with them, they like nothing more than to kill/gank/grief any opposite faction players they can.

Reminds me of my 5-year old nephew playing console games against his cousins. If he lost he would cry and yell and flop around on the floor, but if he ever wins a game he's in their face pointing in their face laughing at them. I just figure griefers have the same mentality as my 5 year old nephew, so I can understand why some folks assume they have some mental issues given that they are much older and presumably more mature than a 5 year old.
    I would assume people who have a 10 year tag under their name on MMO-C must be at the very least over 20 and not be completely fuckin' oblivious to differences between real life infants and people who play WoW to the point where doing a certain activity in the game (which Blizzard by the way does not consider griefing) makes them call people retarded or mentally ill.

You have zero concept of what mental illness actually is if you think someone killing you to make you mad over and over qualifies as any form or sign of mental illness.

It's actually quite disgusting to even suggest such a thing yet for some reason this thread is on its 8th page.
    What's next?
    Calling people cancer patients or disabled cuz they lost a pet battle?

It's actually quite ironic bringing up 5 year olds when you are the one throwing a temper tantrum like "buh mah gaem, mah funziez, dey weetarded".

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    you think? I remember few months ago I leveled up a void elf warrior and there were around 4-5 horde players in STV, camping there for about an hour until I gave up going there and logged out. I did some IRL stuff, got back in game after like 12 hours thinking they are gone, to my surprise they were still there, the same, EXACT 4 players. for more than 12 hours they were there camping low level players occasionally passing by.

I mean most of us killed low level enemy players here and there at some point but imagine standing still at one point one shoting low level players who are going about their business for 14 or god knows however more hours in a day.

I made a character in that realm and I was honestly curious if this guy is ok! and his whole mentality was that "he is better than me because he killed me and Im butt burned."
    When void elves came out I remember camping them in leveling zones to try to prevent them from being able to level. I think I was in fact in STV. Just for like an hour though.. not 4... *spit* Void elves.

Pettyness over being ganked themselves in my personal experience.

Killing someone is fair game, camping people is not. Surprise someone; don't ruin their day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Calm, collected, easy-going and very humble. Rarely get worked up over things and people often ask me why xy doesn't make me angry.

If you want the reward (more XP and pvp talents) you have to accept there is a risk. If you think you are entitled to not dying in a pvp mode then I can't help you. It's akin to an idle game. You watch a lowbie appear, you click on him and he dies, that's it. Simple short-lived, but somewhat fun.

I gank lowbies, maybe to understand how people can get so effected by their emotions to actually rage at me for killing them a couple times when the solution is to turn off the mode they don't enjoy. Not currently though, not subbed to the game but I will enjoy a couple kills when the pre-patch for SL arrives.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-06-08 at 09:59 PM.

What is Bored for 500 Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Pettyness over being ganked themselves in my personal experience.

Killing someone is fair game, camping people is not. Surprise someone; don't ruin their day.
    this is how it should be, IMO camping should be ban-able as these campers most of the times kill quest NPCs as well and in my experience it was a whole day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    When void elves came out I remember camping them in leveling zones to try to prevent them from being able to level. I think I was in fact in STV. Just for like an hour though.. not 4... *spit* Void elves.
    btw I leveled up another later ( maybe few weeks later ) just to find out the same group is grieving and killing players and npc camp as well. at that point I realized those guys are wrong in the head.

None. They are npcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Recently leveled the 15th char (or sth) and quested a little in Redridge and Duskwood. Saw attack in local defense channel. Relogged to my main DH and saw hordes ganking in Lakeshire and Darkshire. Killed some of them.
    I was just asking myself, what kind of personality do you need to have to spend several hours of your life time in a low level hub and wait there to gank low level players?
    It's no biggie you can just log to your main and kill them but I was just wondering... what personality do those people have?
    Are they just regular normal human characters? Or do you think they have mental problems? Are they just bored?
    Losers with too much time on their hands, in my experience.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I love getting salt from people like OP or my fellow alliance casualities when they log on a lvl 1 to /w me with their language report worthy verbal presents, but just for you OP, i do it to stirr chaos and to provoke world pvp, if fragile minds like yourself cant handle that -> turn off warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I would assume people who have a 10 year tag under their name on MMO-C must be at the very least over 20 and not be completely fuckin' oblivious to differences between real life infants and people who play WoW to the point where doing a certain activity in the game (which Blizzard by the way does not consider griefing) makes them call people retarded or mentally ill.

You have zero concept of what mental illness actually is if you think someone killing you to make you mad over and over qualifies as any form or sign of mental illness.

It's actually quite disgusting to even suggest such a thing yet for some reason this thread is on its 8th page.
    What's next?
    Calling people cancer patients or disabled cuz they lost a pet battle?

It's actually quite ironic bringing up 5 year olds when you are the one throwing a temper tantrum like "buh mah gaem, mah funziez, dey weetarded".
    1) I said "mental issues", not mental illness. I have mental issues and I don't consider myself mentally ill.
    2) You have no concept of mental illness if you think there is just one kind and no gradations of severity.
    3) I have no idea what your point of calling people cancer patients has to do with anything.
    4) I'm not sure what "buh mah gaem, mah funziez, dey weetarded" means, but I can see you are the only one who saying it. I simply moved to a PVE server and now play with war mode off. I'm not complaining about it, I fixed it. That is your definition of throwing a tantrum? Because I won't stay on PVP server so you can gank me to make yourself feel good, I'm throwing a tantrum? Yeah, not sure you made that logic work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I gank lowbies, maybe to understand how people can get so effected by their emotions to actually rage at me for killing them a couple times when the solution is to turn off the mode they don't enjoy.
    What understanding of the lowbies were you able to gain? And as a follow up, did you stop ganking them once you gained this understanding?

~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I still don't understand your point. Because it was done back then it's okay now? Despite WoW being a completely different game by now? Yeah, that behaviour also happened in every other expansion. Every expansion is played by insecure, bored players with no social circle outside of WoW. So what?
    Just because something is not forbidden it's not morally right do do.
    And "choose to be a target", really? Do you also throw rocks at birds or squish bugs because they just happen to be around? After all, they choose to be targets by being near you.

I stand by my point: If you you do something just and only to hurt others, then there's something wrong with you.
    And seems more I break down the point you never will. South shore vs tarren mill was born from players attacking low level places cause no battle grounds were in game and players found out about pvp. Has nothing to do with insecurity or no social life at all and to try to validate those points is pathetic. Thing you seem to have forgotten is that once you turn on war mode the risk of getting ganked by higher levels is likely outcome. Some do it some don’t it is all about choice. Thing is a lot of people want to kill the target but no one wants to throw the first punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I love getting salt from people like OP or my fellow alliance casualities when they log on a lvl 1 to /w me with their language report worthy verbal presents, but just for you OP, i do it to stirr chaos and to provoke world pvp, if fragile minds like yourself cant handle that -> turn off warmode.
    The OP said he wasn't upset about it. Said it was not a big deal and he even killed people like you for ganking. How do you obtain salt from that?

The OP seemed to suggest that people who do what you do have fragile minds. From his post seems he can handle it just fine. For me, I just turned off warmode, so again, not a problem here. I play my own game and enjoy it.

Very few people have tried to explain their mindset yet, which is basically what the OP was asking. Instead they lash out at the OP for "complaining" "crying" "having a fragile mind", when the OP seemed to ask a reasonable question.

Can you describe the chaos you stir? Trying to understand how you make it more chaotic and how that brings you enjoyment. Or does it bring you enjoyment?

As for the "provoking" world PVP, I've never seen that happen from ganking lowbies. I've heard about it happening in 2004-2005 in Southshore and what not, but haven't seen it happen since I started playing in 2006. Typically goes 1) gankers camps lowbies 2) lowbies get tired of being camped and typically log off. Those who don't call their high level friends or log onto their main 3) main shows up and the gankers vanish and wait till the high level defenders leave. So yeah, no WPVP provoked.

~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Loving getting salt is part of those mental issues the OP was mentioning your kind of people have. And I definitely agree. You'll even laugh about the salt you're creating with your post, but trust me, you need to go get checked, it's a little idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Recently leveled the 15th char (or sth) and quested a little in Redridge and Duskwood. Saw attack in local defense channel. Relogged to my main DH and saw hordes ganking in Lakeshire and Darkshire. Killed some of them.
    I was just asking myself, what kind of personality do you need to have to spend several hours of your life time in a low level hub and wait there to gank low level players?
    It's no biggie you can just log to your main and kill them but I was just wondering... what personality do those people have?
    Are they just regular normal human characters? Or do you think they have mental problems? Are they just bored?
    I can't say when it comes to live servers, but on classic its done to instigate big battles usually. It actually works. I have a lot of fun on my 60 hunter going around as like a sheriff of STV on my realm protecting lowbies from gankers. I never attack a low level unless they've ganked others. Lot of times it brings out more 60s and we just battle each other for a long time.

But straight up killing lowbies for fun is weird.