Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Introducing the World of Warcraft Classic Summer Bowl!

Introducing the World of Warcraft Classic Summer Bowl!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For the first time in WoW Classic, World of Warcraft Esports presents the Summer Bowl. The WoW Classic Summer Bowl is a 10v10 Warsong Gulch tournament beginning June 17. Over the following three weekends, teams in North America and Europe will compete for a separate prize pool of USD $4,000 in each region!

The tournament will be split into two regions: North America and Europe. All games will take place on live servers for WoW Classic, using the recently added War Game feature. Here’s how it all works:

• Teams of 10 players will sign up for their region. Signups are open to eligible players with a level 60 character on live servers for WoW Classic—check eligibillity and sign up for NA here and EU here!
    • The tournament will be split into two stages for each region: qualifiers and finals.
      • The qualifiers are open sign ups.
      • The finals will feature the top six teams for the region.
    • Teams will battle against each other on live servers using the War Game feature, allowing players to queue up battlegrounds against other teams in their region.
    • For the top six teams in North America and Europe, there will be a total of USD $4,000 on offer in separate prizing for each region and bragging rights of winning the WoW Classic Summer Bowl!
    • More information on the full ruleset can be found on our NA and EU sign-up pages.

We’ll have more information—including casters, final teams, and how to watch—soon. Be sure to sign up now and join our Discord server to keep up with the competitors!

Stay connected and stay on top of the latest news by following us on YouTube and the brand new WoW Esports Twitter channel. Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-08 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    cancerous esports ruining gaming one day at a time

Poggers! 10 people splitting a possible $4,000 if you win!

Lol I get it's juts a fun tournament. No bully.

This right here is why you don't want Classic+ content. They would develop it with e-sports first in mind.

No one caaaaaaaaaaares, bring shit for the actual game, not that 15 year old shitshow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck. off. with. esports.

This reminds me so much of that "Fetch"-scene from Mean Girls...

Yo momma so fat, she took a spoon to the World of Warcraft Classic Summer Bowl!

I'll show myself out.

Every time I read WoW and e-sport in the same sentence I can't stop cringing. Its so bad for the game. The difference with Classic is that at least they won't be building the game around it as they need to keep the gameplay authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    No one caaaaaaaaaaares, bring shit for the actual game, not that 15 year old shitshow...
    You get your AP grind for the day done?
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Even the arena is boring. Plus the mythic dungeons and now this. At least blizzard must find more serious sport casters.

They couldn't help themselves.

I mean, really. Classic esports..... Just fuck off already, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    You get your AP grind for the day done?
    there is no ap grind,thats been a non issue for like a year now

So other voices only need to be heard when it comes to Shadowlands previews but dont need to be heard for this tournament? I swear Blizz couldnt be more full of crap if they tried.

Don't see anything wrong with it. Seems like a fun little tournament, people might be interested, let them have a go at it.

Personally, i have no interest in it, but i'm not a radical that opposes everything that i dislike, and it literally has no impact on me whatsoever.

Good luck, have fun i say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeesh...

This is what is going to happen if Classic+ becomes a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    cancerous esports ruining gaming one day at a time
    how is this ruining the game?HOW?

Stop with the fucking classic already! Move on! Classic is dead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Stop with the fucking classic already! Move on! Classic is dead!

Extremely Relevant.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Classic rocks.. I don’t even know what to do if I started retail again...

Our server actually had to put up layers because classic is so popular.

Smart move by blizzard,
    $4K pot. Cheap investment for advertising.

They will make a shit done more from this.. I bet they make 100x to 1 they invest.