Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    PoE loot, currency and crafting system.
    What a vague and entirely irrelevant reply to what I said. My point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What dept? Theres guides on websites on what essences and corruptions to go for. After that you pray to RNG gods whenever you press buttons to get the effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Rental power that is needed if you want to be relevant. Back in the day you reached max lvl and saw easy enough stats on gear and could more or less in short time know if the piece that dropped were better or worse.

Today in retail? Not only does new players gotta reach max level, theres an absurd amount of information and farming to be done.

Ok you need Azerite gear - But wait, you gotta get the correct Azerite piece to drop.
    Then you have essences - Ok where to get them? Long ass list on where to go and what to do. Some of it is just hidden behind pointless hinders.
    Then you have corruption - Ok where and how do I get this? When is it to much? when is it to low? Should I even have alot of it?
    What even is echos? Titan residiuum, whats that?
    Then you ofc gotta farm AP for HoA.
    Then its leveling up your legendary cloack.
    Then you gotta push m+ and pray to the RNG gods when you open chest.
    Then ofc you have all the fun RNG elements mixed into all of this. Some RNG is needed in a MMORPG, but its to much now.

Probably forgot a few currencies too.

Point is - the game aint easier for new players, not even returning players. In fact, the leveling is maybe the best part for new players cause once you reach max lvl theres so much to catch up on to even have an idea on what to get and how.
    There's definitely too much rental power right now - but rental power is great. This expansion was generally good for people that played the whole of it, and colossally bad for people that played small chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Believe it or not, this is an oversimplified list - imagine being an entirely new player - something Blizzard desperately needs. Most would never even figure out to shift+right click to access traits etc. Honestly, This sorta shit is Jurassic. I believe they need to completely gut all additional systems outside of talents, take some of these additional shit and build it into the talents. Clean the UI up - the fact we are still shift clicking shit to add gems and traits etc is beyond ridiculous in 2020.

The core game play is OK - sure, im not a fan of most of the specs ATM, but that is an entirely different subject and issue. Raids are fine, M+ is not for me, but is fine, pvp has balance issues, but always has and always will. The issue is similar to when you find an amazing game, and start to REALLY enjoy the gameplay, only to be hit with Microtransactions everywhere you turn, and quickly realizing the bulk of the game is locked behind countless paywalls.

People say "but gear has always been a treadmill" and that is 100% true - the core gameplay loop hasnt changed much since cata. Whats changed is that it is now a treadmill, but we are also balancing on a ball, while lifting weights, and doing yoga, and the treadmill is actually just sitting on an even bigger treadmill that we didnt even notice at first.

"oh, you got to 430 quite quickly? good for you! now you can do about 40% of the damage of this OTHER 430 guy, because he has bis traits and corruption!"

They need to simplify and consolidate all of these systems - they actually add very little to the game other than playtime, and i realise that is a part of Blizzards motivation, and thats fine, but it isnt working. I firmly believe the reception of BfA has been the most negative of any expansion, including WoD - and the only wow based product to lose a higher percentage of its subs would be classic, and that was to be expected.

BfA missed the mark, from start to finish, and will be remembered by many as "that expansion that had those things? like tier bonuses but not tier bonuses? member? those things? then we had those other things? whatever they were called they were like magic flashy lazer things, like legendaries but with ranks for some reason? member?"
    Yeah I most likely forgot several things, makes it even worse..

wow has turned into a huge spreadsheet where its not enough to get good gear. Theres so many layers its bad. The leveling is actually even so cut off to what the max level experience is. When leveling your standard stats increase, gear that drops easily show +/- on it, you can somewhat easily enough figure out what stat thats better for you.

And for those who does all of these things required in BfA, its gone when SL launches.

Back in the day the gameplay, the game itself would carry enough weight to it for people to stay subbed and playing. Its replaced with artifical power hidden behind long grinds and the final reward is to have it all removed when a new xpac launches. Sure gear has always been replaced in a new xpac, but now its gear+neck+essences+corruption you lose.

Your class might even feel awesome now with essences+corruption. Thats gone when SL launches. The classes & specs should be great to play at its core, not with rental powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There's definitely too much rental power right now - but rental power is great. This expansion was generally good for people that played the whole of it, and colossally bad for people that played small chunks.
    Wording is quite misleading there - those who played consistently start to finish had an advantage over those who played inconsistently. But that can be said for any expansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Rental power can be great when executed correct in the game. Like with alot of things with BfA, they went way to far and overboard and it didnt deliver.

Ofc it should be an advantage for those who plays through the whole xpac, but it doesnt require alot of time away from the game before you are left behind. I played all the way to right before 8.3 launched and I subbed back 2-3 weeks ago. Even I cant be bothered with it and unsubbed again after leveling a few chars for heritage armor.

Kudos to those who bother farming all of this over the summer. personally im gonna take a long break and build up some good old wow xpac hype for SL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That was the good part of it. As opposed to:

I absolutely cannot understand why people want to have shopping lists in games. Run same instances over and over again until it drops and then forget this slot ever existed till next major patch. This is absolutely boring.
    What do you mean? That's how the game is regardless of whether WF/TF/Corruption are in the game. I want to play my alts and gear them up too, but when systems like that are implemented in the game, it takes longer to achieve BiS. Every single person playing WoW should have a few alts and if they don't, well they're a special snowflake. Most of us have alts and we want to progress on them too, but when progression feels almost endless due to excessive layers of RNG, it kills all motivation to play the game. When the only RNG was whether or not your gear dropped, people had no issues with it. During Wotlk, the peak of WoW's population, no one had any issues with how gear worked. We didn't need any special procs or unique effects that would randomly occur, the gear either dropped or it didn't and that whole system was perfectly fine from vanilla-MoP.

Your whole example of "Run the same instances over and over again until it drops" is still a thing in BFA. I can't recall how many +10 and above I ran for freehold to help my bud get a titanforged Dice during season 2. We literally did what you said happens if WF/TF/Corruption isn't in the game. We saw handful of Dice drop, but guess what, none of them were titanforged. So you're telling me, it's more fun to run a dungeon 30+ times instead of a few times??? I'm going to run Freehold 30+ times across my 12 alts and they'll all potentially get upgrades without systems like WF/TF/Corruption, instead I'm running the same dungeon on the same character 30+ times all because the item that we were chasing didn't get the proc we wanted. That's not fun and anyone who thinks it is, is severely delusional.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    The gear that gimps you is the worst gameplay idea they could some up with. But it adds more rng, right? Ion is happy.
    More importantly, shareholders are happy. WoD (introduction of Pathfinder) Legion (class halls, AP system, allied races and 8 MONTHS to get a class mount) and BfA (ap grind, corruptions, essences and the worst terrain design). These 3 expacs are all shareholder expansions.

Shareholders FIRST, players SECOND
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-06-08 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe for the same reason that you now rage on it. Nobody likes everything all the time. We had ppl raging over pretty much any system in the game..so after Reforging, AP, TF and WF, I guess it is now time to hate corruption. Though you are kinda late on this one...people have already been doing this "cancer to the game" stuff.

But yeah...thanks for sharing. As you said...it will be gone come SL...but I am sure there will be a new system that is "cancer"
    Who the f complained about reforging? People complained about having to hit 7.5% hit & expertise caps not reforging itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    More importantly, shareholders are happy. WoD (introduction of Pathfinder) Legion (class halls, AP system, allied races and 8 MONTHS to get a class mount) and BfA (ap grind, corruptions, essences and the worst terrain design). These 3 expacs are all shareholder expansions.

i mean, the majority of the playerbase is whiny fucks. people who assume that if they clog twitter up with enough things they want that they will get it. players are good, the playerbase as a whole is a fucking cesspool.

oh, if you think there arent going to be things in shadowlands (and pretty much forever going forward) that require players to put time into, you might as well find a new game.

The sad part is, this mentality has produced, imo, worse and worse products. If they just did what they used to do - and built a game designed purely for player engagement and enjoyment, they would get even more impressive numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, the majority of the playerbase is whiny fucks. people who assume that if they clog twitter up with enough things they want that they will get it. players are good, the playerbase as a whole is a fucking cesspool.

oh, if you think there arent going to be things in shadowlands (and pretty much forever going forward) that require players to put time into, you might as well find a new game.
    There's a difference between putting time into and appeasing shareholders. All of these grinds in BfA directly relate to increasing time played metrics thus appeasing shareholders. AP being gone and letting gear be gear is a H U G E decrease of time played metrics, so I'm hopeful for SL but let's be real - Blizzard released Battle for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Who the f complained about reforging? People complained about having to hit 7.5% hit & expertise caps not reforging itself.
    Thats how i remember it too - the hit caps were perceived to be the problem, not reforging itself.

The sad part is, this mentality has produced, imo, worse and worse products. If they just did what they used to do - and built a game designed purely for player engagement and enjoyment, they would get even more impressive numbers.
    They're too scared, bottom line. They no longer have the playerbase to do this and don't want to risk it, so they're going this route. It's sad, but whaddya do.

AP being gone and letting gear be gear is a H U G E decrease of time played metrics
    How do you know this? Do you have the data? Because i played SUBSTANTIALLY more before all these time sinks were introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

They're too scared, bottom line. They no longer have the playerbase to do this and don't want to risk it, so they're going this route. It's sad, but whaddya do.
    Quit and play something else.

How do you know this? Do you have the data? Because i played SUBSTANTIALLY more before all these time sinks were introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

kekw.

Anyway, carrot on a stick being gone is just common sense. Use ya' brain sir, use ya' brain.

kekw.

Anyway, carrot on a stick being gone is just common sense. Use ya' brain sir, use ya' brain.
    I have literally zero idea what you are trying to say.

I have literally zero idea what you are trying to say.
    And I'm not surprised. LFR hero/WQ expert eh? cute.

Carrot on a stick being the AP grind and WF/TF gear going away in SL. That's the main "carrot on a stick"

And I'm not surprised. LFR hero/WQ expert eh? cute.

Carrot on a stick being the AP grind and WF/TF gear going away in SL. That's the main "carrot on a stick"
    Look im not sure what LFR or WQ have to do with the argument you are trying to make, but i have not done LFR in a few years. Honestly, i have zero idea what you are trying to argue, other than that you obviously are trying to insult people. If your only intention is to try and troll, you'll just get banned, so i honestly wouldnt bother. Either make an argument, or just leave it.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

He's just blowing smoke out of his ass. He's doing simple math that is something like this: If you can obtain BiS faster, then you'll stop playing sooner because there's no more gear progression. When reality is we all have alts and we can then progress on those alts sooner rather than slogging through the same content endlessly trying to get the piece of loot to drop AND get the proc whether it's WF/TF/Corruption. Again, he's just blowing smoke out his ass.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

And do you have the data? Because i played a lot less than we had titanforging as there was absolutely

reason to do content that didn't give me any upgrades. The moment I stepped foot in raids in MoP was the moment all other content became irrelevant and only came once to timeless isle to farm some bloody coins.

I guess I am rare type of player that has self control and stops whenever something is giving me any burnout.