Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Arthas (Lich King), OG Kel'Thuzad, Malygos, Yogg-Saron, Algalon, Gul'dan all have amazing voice acting. Notice how they are all villains.

Cho
    Bwonsamdi
    Illidan
    Gul'dan
    Orc peon
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-06-08 at 11:25 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oooh, dis be easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnNNCXndjCM

(In case anyone's wondering who voices him, it's Alex Désert. He sings for a band called Hepcat and apparently used to play some blind dude on Becker)

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Funny also, a lot of Bwonsamdi's text is written "properly" with his actual spoken words with a bit more of the Jamaican patois.
    Mmm... Dat's just how de trolls be talkin' mon

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    bwonsamdi 100%

i think its his voice that made people like himm lol
    Don't forget Rastakhan's
    'BWONSAMDIIIII!"
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-06-09 at 02:04 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Yogg-saron is pretty great, especially his maniacal laugh in phase 3.

Bwonsamdi is amazing. Definitely a case where the VA elevated the character.

She might not get great material sometimes, but Laura Bailey kills it as Jaina of course.

Garrosh also had an amazing VA that brought the character to life, especially in his hammier moments.

I hate Nathanos with a passion, but his VA is great and gives him a really cool and menacing voice.

WC3 Sylvanas also sounded really good. Definitely far better than WoW's version.

I am sucker for "epic'ness" of sound. So many good ones over the years (new user, can't post full links):

*Ozruk for lols: /watch?v=_tMXQvp3cBY

*Il'gynoth whispers: /watch?v=dsK7Eh0n1Ho

*Different Jim Cummings voices: /watch?v=uiuwAbNdDCI

*Liam O'Brien's Illidan

*Y'Shaarj: /watch?v=lYdM752o2QM

*Algalon: /watch?v=uv_b1-bsN5o

*Kil'Jaeden of course: /watch?v=9qLpSJbSH7Q

*And maybe the best of them all, Jonathan "D3 Tyrael" Adams: /watch?v=ctoNGHFI28c

*Honorable mention of Earl Boen for so many wow-race intros & King Terenas (the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name...)
    : /watch?v=5gQt3vxhYAs
    Last edited by ThereIsHope; 2020-06-08 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It was a small role, but Runas the Shamed might just clinch it for me.
    Runas was who I came in here to say. Thought he'd be more mentioned but I guess not sadly.

Falric is a very good pick. Most of WoW's voice acting is cringe overacting though (like Derek Proudmoore and Illidan).

I'm partial for Chen Stormstout.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Taelia, Flynn, and Bwonsamdi for sure.
    I think what sells the voiceovers by these characters is that they sound invested in their roles, while many others feel like they have disconnects from the immersion. Part of it is the source material, another part probably is the reuse of voice actor that come off as the skit from Family Guy where the comedian uses the exact same voice for all the characters in his story. It's getting to the point where some voice actors I can immediately tell it's the same voice actor, so when I heard a mechagnome speak for the first time I immediately associate them with a vulpera with the same voice, or a ramkahen NPC with the same voice as a nightelf from before.

Anyways, another character voice I love is Abby Lewis. She's the child that starts the quest 'Teddies and Tea' quest in Drustvar that's Alliance-only... very creepy yet satisfying.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of the picks in this thread so far, but Liam O'Brien as Illidan is not getting enough credit. Jim Cummings as Lorewalker Cho was also iconic.

Bronjahm.

Best played over:

(More seriously, Saurfang for his cinematics. It makes me wish we could get that character defining moment in Borean Tundra between him and Garrosh voice acted.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-06-08 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Falric and Marwyn were pretty awesome, it's part of why Halls of Reflection is one of my favorite 5-man dungeons of all time and the voice acting being so good is part of it.

I've always been a fan of Chris Metzen as Varian and the multiple roles he plays, but I got to give it up to Jaina's voice actress in BfA. She knocked it out of the park in every one of those cinematics, her voice actually nearly breaking in highly emotional points.

100% all of this.

Laura Bailey has been amazing this expansion - my personal favorite moment being the confrontation with Baine when he brings Jaina's brother to her, in particular the line where she screams 'Is he the bomb this time??'

Good thing Derek spoke up, because Jaina was about to wreck some shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Runas was who I came in here to say. Thought he'd be more mentioned but I guess not sadly.
    Ugh

I wanted to save him so badly, I googled the quest several times trying to find an alternate outcome.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-06-09 at 12:02 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande during the Val'Sharah questline. /s

But in all seriousness for me I think Lich King, both Arthas and Bolvar, along with Bwonsamdi.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Probably Taelia.

She actually sounds like a person, rather than some disinterested voice actor reading lines for some shitty MMO that people used to play.
    Taelia's VA is excellent, agreed. Also Flynn Fairwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewalker Cho.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    A turtle has made it to the water

Absolutely hands down Lorewalker Cho. Jim Cummings is a legend.

Bwonsamdi is probably a (very, very, very) distant second place.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    whoever voiced the orc that yells "THRALLS BALLS" in vashjir
    I have always wondered, what he meant y that. why would nazgrim shout thralls balls?
    did he mean the rosary around his neck?
    did he mean his man parts?
    Is this an idiom or something which I am not aware?

I know wow has some vulgarity like garrosh calling sylvannas bitch but this one I cannot get it.

what is the meaning of it? what kind of reaction is that? can some one explain this to me? I am asking sincerely. I am clueless seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    100% all of this.

Laura Bailey has been amazing this expansion - my personal favorite moment being the confrontation with Baine when he brings Jaina's brother to her, in particular the line where she screams 'Is he the bomb this time??'

Good thing Derek spoke up, because Jaina was about to wreck some shit.
    Ah, Laura Bailey, won't forget that name. Agreed, that scene was excellent, I remember the tone in her voice now. I'm looking forward to her work in future content now more than any character because of her performances in BfA.

Wow, can't believe my man Illidan has barely been mentioned. Coolest character in WoW with the coolest voice acting.