Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And do you have the data? Because i played a lot less than we had titanforging as there was absolutely

reason to do content that didn't give me any upgrades. The moment I stepped foot in raids in MoP was the moment all other content became irrelevant and only came once to timeless isle to farm some bloody coins.

I guess I am rare type of player that has self control and stops whenever something is giving me any burnout.
    I never claimed to know whether people in general played more or less. However, the person i replied to claimed to know for a fact that a change in gameplay systems would result in less time played. Self control and burnout are not the same topic - people continued to play when @ bis, playing alts, cosmetics, mounts, crafting, reps, etc etc etc - they did this because they enjoyed the game in general.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I never claimed to know whether people in general played more or less. However, the person i replied to claimed to know for a fact that a change in gameplay systems would result in less time played. Self control and burnout are not the same topic - people continued to play when @ bis, playing alts, cosmetics, mounts, crafting, reps, etc etc etc - they did this because they enjoyed the game in general.
    But you claim as well, that people continued to play while I have opposite experience, literally my guild died after SoO "because there was nothing to do".

But you claim as well, that people continued to play while I have opposite experience, literally my guild died after SoO "because there was nothing to do".
    And you think that had nothing to do with it being the final raid of the expansion?

Its annoying system because make me to carry too many armors for pve pvp. And the upgrade its not clear as it was with higher ilvl.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge fan of the corruption system but it's better than Azerite gear which we all knew from the get-go that it was going to be a problem.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the corruption system but it's better than Azerite gear which we all knew from the get-go that it was going to be a problem.
    Somehow, "we" excluded Blizzards design team....still cant get my head around that one.

5+ Year Old Account
    what's the problem with azerite gear?

Wording is quite misleading there - those who played consistently start to finish had an advantage over those who played inconsistently. But that can be said for any expansion ever.
    Yes, but they receive 3 complete gearing systems. Not many expansions can say that. If the gearing system doesn't change, people get bored. The most new stuff = more interest and excitement. We are now going to lose all of it though, so the next expansion is going to be a way more severe drop than ever before.

And you think that had nothing to do with it being the final raid of the expansion?
    Nope, somehow each guild I was in Legion and now in BfA survived last expansion raid. They struggled mid expansion but that happened each expansion including MoP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Or, here's a thought, maybe Blizz takes in the feedback if enough people point out the issue, and then improvements can be made.
    Then give feedback on their forums instead of whining here. Although they don't allow you to whine there. You actually have to play the game to post there, however, so half the people that make these threads wouldn't be able to do so anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    You can always quit the game mate. No one is chaining you on it.
    It should be said that this sort of response is the least constructive thing to say, period. People having issues with the game and discussing those problems, albeit the OP is more venting than anything else, doesn't mean they want to quit the game. Corruption is, quite honestly, the worst system to have come into the game and, while it has been discussed to death, is still worthy of revisiting. It's impossible to progress your character in the corruption system as many corruptions are so significant that you cannot replace items with them without rolling the same corruption again, and others that are virtually useless. There were calls for a corruption vendor to be added since the system was being tested, but what we were given was simply not adequate; the corruption vendor is simply a inefficient form of quasi-RNG protection. So now we're left with a system that makes upgrades even more RNG than with Titanforging, and with no way to control that RNG except for a vendor that won't necessarily have the corruption you need at any time and, with the cost of the good corruptions being so high, it is unlikely for someone to farm enough Echoes of Ny'alotha to regularly afford the corruption you need.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    what's the problem with azerite gear?
    If you don't get specific traits, you're underperforming and your spec feels bad to play. You may find an item with a higher ilvl but it won't be an upgrade if you lose your best traits. It seems silly to have powerful abilities tied to gear like that.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yes, but they receive 3 complete gearing systems. Not many expansions can say that. If the gearing system doesn't change, people get bored. The most new stuff = more interest and excitement. We are now going to lose all of it though, so the next expansion is going to be a way more severe drop than ever before.
    Is that why the playerbase was so low during Vanilla, BC, and Wrath compared to BFA? Because there was only one streamlined gearing system?..............Quality > Quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, somehow each guild I was in Legion and now in BfA survived last expansion raid. They struggled mid expansion but that happened each expansion including MoP as well.
    And thats your experience, which is fine. As a rule, when they still posted data, numbers dropped off during the final part of the expansion, bouncing back close to the pre-patch of the next expansion.

If you don't get specific traits, you're underperforming and your spec feels bad to play. You may find an item with a higher ilvl but it won't be an upgrade if you lose your best traits. It seems silly to have powerful abilities tied to gear like that.
    Not really. Look at top parses on WCL. Usually only 3 traits are mandatory which i call primary.
    And then you have variety except for couple of specs.

Anyways how are you "not getting" specific traits? Do you have parkinson and are unable to click on that one specific item from vendor or perhaps you are always lost in raid and can't find that one boss you need?

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the playerbase was so low during Vanilla, BC, and Wrath compared to BFA? Because there was only one streamlined gearing system?..............Quality > Quantity.
    No, but that might have been a reason why 70% of players never made past 10 level.

And thats your experience, which is fine. As a rule, when they still posted data, numbers dropped off during the final part of the expansion, bouncing back close to the pre-patch of the next expansion.
    Then skydived again to even lower numbers. Which perfectly resembles what happened when those people came back for WoD only to quit immediately seeing as game didn't offer them anything new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    It really is garbage planning from Blizz's part for forcing PVE into PVP and vice versa. I've not even gotten conflict and strife to R3 because I can't bring myself to dropping in with mythic gear and a bunch of corruption and wipe the floor because PVP gets shafted with gear. It's baffling, really.
    PVE and PVP have been forced together since vanilla mate.

even in vanilla you literally had to go try to get rank 13 and 14 because the gear was soooo good. if you got the rank 14 weapon, that lasted you a LONG time.

pair that with PVP players being forced to go get the legendaries (Sulfuras, Thunderfury, and Aetiesh) Beause of how powerful they were.
    Enhance shammy with sulfuras was scarey AF.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't agree with your opinion. Rental powers are great. The problem is how they were implemented and how difficult they are to obtain. If they were farmable it would be better.
    Yes. Being able to easily farm and obtain maximization is essential, and what I think you mean by 'farmable'. Needing third party websites, trackers, and planning corruption resist out to the nth week of content in order to max, is total shit.

Rental powers at least offer a reason to becoming less powerful to enter the next expansion. It's just at this point, it would be nice to have baseline power progression that exists outside of a talent chooser that stops at level 100- two expansions back. Fine, we lost the artifact weapon, we lost the azerite armor and corruption - tangible reasons for diminished power. It just sucks that there's nothing to show for those two expansions of effort.

Then skydived again to even lower numbers. Which perfectly resembles what happened when those people came back for WoD only to quit immediately seeing as game didn't offer them anything new.
    This is a classic example of twisting data to fit your narrative. Causation Vs correlation. WoD, in your eyes, didnt offer enough 'new' features to retain players, wod had a sub drop, therefore everyone quit because WoD didnt offer enough new features. But you actually have nothing at all to back that claim up other than your personal opinion of WoD, and a bunch of grumpy people on the forums complaining (hardly a phenomenon unique to wod).

Does that mean you believe BFA has seen a HUGE increase in subscriptions because it offered so many new features such as corruption, Azerite traits, HoA, island expeditions and warfronts? I mean that MUST be true, right? It added so many new features, there is no way it HASNT seen a massive leap in subs.

Considering that of 400 odd people polled in a thread on this forum, 93% of people do NOT want corruption in SL.....i say again - Quality > Quantity.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-06-09 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    I like corruptions add more flavour to my gear but the whole RNG aspect of it kinda sucked.

I also liked warforging when it used to be 5 or 10 levels boost and if it didnt go up you could spend valor points to make up the ilvl difference not the whole titanforging BS
    ^^^ 100% this! blizz take notes plz

This is a classic example of twisting data to fit your narrative. Causation Vs correlation. WoD, in your eyes, didnt offer enough 'new' features to retain players, wod had a sub drop, therefore everyone quit because WoD didnt offer enough new features. But you actually have nothing at all to back that claim up other than your personal opinion of WoD, and a bunch of grumpy people on the forums complaining (hardly a phenomenon unique to wod).

Does that mean you believe BFA has seen a HUGE increase in subscriptions because it offered so many new features such as corruption, Azerite traits, HoA, island expeditions and warfronts? I mean that MUST be true, right? It added so many new features, there is no way it HASNT seen a massive leap in subs.
    No but at least i really did have to think about choosing equipment and it was a breath of fresh air into 2000 year old tomb.

But here is the thing. Blizzard abandons their ideas way too fast for them to actually become really good.
    Even WoD had it's moments. The whole "player housing done terribly wrong" could have been iterated over and over again until it would reach a good levels.
    Same goes for island expeditions and warfronts.

And the only way to know if you can make it work out is to make new iterations and see how people respond to it.
    Every expansion they just give up and try something completely now.
    This way we will never have cool stuff.

Azerite traits could also been instantly 100x better if they just wouldn't allow it to stack.
    And again 10x better by simply not being tied to neck.
    And yet 100x better if thery were locked per spec not per entire class.

Needless to say, yes, people want new shiny stuff.

I still use 450 shoulders on my main(and my to come main) because that one trait you don't get combined with the other best trait doesn't exist on the vendor lmao.

Emissary Azerite Armor > 480

I even saved 20K Residuums to buy a spesific, which took 7-8 weeks on its own, just to end up replacing a 480 with another 480 because the second outer ring that had one lesser trait than the BiS one was a 1800 dps upgrade. So I ended up still using my 450 shoulder and swapped 480 with a 480 instead of 450 to 480.

BfA gearing in a nutshell. It's filled with so many holes that 80% of their ideas can't have been properly looked at before sending it out. Essences being the only thing that they got close to working properly.