Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly guys he's completely right.

Something like Corruption with a vendor so no rng is an extremely good thing as it allows you to not only further progress your character after reaching the best items but also allows you to customize your character to a tremendous degree.

Maybe the rng/proc based stuff isn't so good, but the flat stat increases (Expedient etc..) are awesome and definitely need to be continued in Shadowlands. Alternatively we should at least be able to upgrade the item level of our gear like back in Cataclysm/Mists. If we can't in any way upgrade our gear it's going to get really boring really quickly. Plenty of people want to keep progressing on their main character after reaching their best in slot gear.

The answer should not be just play an alt, people are attached to their mains.

I mean honestly I never had a problem with warforging...5 ilvls is hardly anything on one or two pieces of gear. So, if they wanted that back in shadowlands I wouldn't particularly mind. That said thank fucking god they are removing TF and corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I mean honestly I never had a problem with warforging...5 ilvls is hardly anything on one or two pieces of gear. So, if they wanted that back in shadowlands I wouldn't particularly mind. That said thank fucking god they are removing TF and corruption.
    5ilvl is completely irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Alternatively we should at least be able to upgrade the item level of our gear like back in Cataclysm/Mists.
    When every gear can be upgraded to relatively same level (lets say +10 ilvl), there is no upgrade at all, just a gear tax.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    5ilvl is completely irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

When every gear can be upgraded to relatively same level (lets say +10 ilvl), there is no upgrade at all, just a gear tax.
    What do you mean there is no upgrade?

The upgrade is 10 (or however much) item level.

Imagine in Shadowlands you farm this new currency called Echoes of Shadowlands or whatever and you can purchase a +5 ilvl upgrade up to 2 or 3 times, for every single slot of your gear. As time goes on more and more of your gear will be upgraded and your character continues to grow in power for a long while after you have obtained your bis gear.

The same should go for sockets!

But personally I'd prefer something like corruption, it feels so good to upgrade your gear with expedient and get massive amounts of haste. I love it.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-06-09 at 05:42 AM.

Loot being "boring" is fine. Loot should make you stronger yes but look shouldnt completely control how you play your character OR make you lose control of your characters output and leave it to RNG. Both things corruption does. I am no longer impressed when i see someone do impressive numbers i just think "must of got good corruption procs". Also no one cares about dps anymore because everyone knows its all RNG now.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    What do you mean there is no upgrade?

The upgrade is 10 (or however much) item level.
    Because when everyone gets more powerful by 10 ilvls, nobody gets more powerful, curve just shifts higher up.
    Which is esentially the same as boosting all item levels by 10 just with extra tax.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Because when everyone gets more powerful by 10 ilvls, nobody gets more powerful, curve just shifts higher up.
    Which is esentially the same as boosting all item levels by 10 just with extra tax.

Well yeah but that's not a problem for me. I keep progressing, the fact that other people do it too doesn't change that. My stats go up, my character gets more haste, bosses die faster and so on. It keeps you playing, it preserves the feeling of getting stronger, I think that's important.

Look if gear is just gear, no ability whatsoever to make it stronger I know I'll get tired of showing up to raids and doing m+ because there's no way for me to get anything useful anymore anyway until the next raid tier hits. I've never been a huge fan of playing alts, I do play them, but only very casually. My focus is my main.

Right now I love BFA, it's what it should have been all along. A deterministic system with a small chance of just getting the corruption effect for free, but if not don't worry you just farm your stuff and your power soars. And you get to decide how to build your character. Sure there is the optimal thing, but that's always gonna be so. If you want to you can build some kind of whacko build. Amazing.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-06-09 at 06:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

kaminaris

It's not the way it works. Firstly, upgrading “items” can be obtained in adequate volume precisely from "that" part of content+progress that these upgrades allow/require (just as they did back with arena vs BG, raids vs dungeon with specific currency, firsts had more opportunities and potential, while second were limited in volume of receipt by ilvl and gain - this is very standard catch-up mechanics (if you remember - ceiling increased in cases when you missed your time + each season reset + more flexible lead times), and main thing - “healthy”, required your active participation, in contrast to "next patch scalable" items/content; it doesn't matter in this case if this currency is spent on upgrade or on purchase of alternative equivalent equip). Also don't forget about exchange PvP/PvE currency between each other.
    Kralljin
    (meanwhile in TBC, Arena points merely dictated the pace at which you acquired items, not their actual power)
    Secondly, what you are trying to hint at also exists (see above) in current system and is implemented absolutely “without head” and logic, which absolutely depreciates your arguments.

As for picture, I see fairly typical line of progress on it, somewhat twisted, which is fixable to certain extent, but still not causing problems in system unlike their "current alternatives". If at same time remove idiotic content scaling, adequately balance their rights with progress and... voila, your drawing won't cause any problems/questions.

I repeat, not every content has access to any progress, this idiocy that needs to be ripped out of game and players’s consciousness and the faster the better.

ps. By the way, 2/4 ilvl can be quite adequate upgrades, main thing is to properly distribute/configure characteristics' performance. They don’t need to do inadequate easing of requirements (DPS/HPS for certain encounters), just equalize indicators a little, since you have a lot of items on you, and now add to each of them upgrades... not a little, does it?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-08-20 at 08:40 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Corruption idea was nice, the numbers were stupid. Every corruption should have had just 2 ranks and the bonuses should have been 1% and 2%
    That way you felt something was improving, you felt the minmax but it wouldn’t have created these very big gaps in itemization and item usage.

I wish they did this as proffessions in Shadowlands.

Neck, weapons, rings - enchanting
    Cloak - tailoring
    Head, wrist, belt - engineering
    Boots, gloves - blacksmithing
    Shoulders, chest - leatherworking
    Pants (pocket enchant) + trinket - alchemy

Yeah I'll pass on corruptions unless they'd be a significantly nerfed version. Having skill be much less relevant than loot RNG feels awful.

I'd be on board with tier sets though. Heck have multiple sets so that you can mix and match set bonuses. Have a world quest set, a M+ set, maybe a generic crafted set, and a raid set.

Of course with legendaries returning, we'll still get our gear based special rented power abilities, so we'll still have that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Oh boy, I sure do love getting gear with random passives that outdamage my actual skills!
    Unequip your gear and see how much damage you deal. Gear makes you deal more damage and have more (effective) health. Those are the only two things it does. Those are the only things gear in basically any RPG does. To argue against a piece of gear making you deal more damage is nonsense.

The only thing wrong with corruption was its original acquisition method. That sucked ass. Other than that, it's just more enchants to pick the best one of, and there's always going to be a best and worst. The important thing is the flavor it brings.

Almost everything in a game is about flavor. What you're actually doing is basically data entry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Having skill be much less relevant than loot RNG feels awful.
    Yet it was still the same people in the world first race. It's almost like what you're saying isn't actually true, and you can get there by putting in the effort needed to actually do it properly.

Also, loot RNG has always been a factor. To claim differently is ignoring reality.

Oh god no.

No more titan forging, no more corruption, no more grinding for currency to buy currency to grind currency to buy corruption from a randomly stocked vendor. The devs just keep stacking RND on RND on RND on RND on RND and I'm sick of it.

Frankly, I preferred the AP weapons grind in legion.

Tradeskills should have been used instead of corruption, throw tradeskills a bone for gods sake.

- P
    Last edited by pahbi; 2020-06-09 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yet it was still the same people in the world first race. It's almost like what you're saying isn't actually true, and you can get there by putting in the effort needed to actually do it properly.
    The people in the world first race spent hundreds of millions of gold to get the exact corruptions they wanted. The world fourth guild literally picked one of their tanks because he got a good corruption on a blue world quest item. Comparing world first players to regular players just doesn't work. Describing a combination of luck, extreme levels of gear farming, and spending millions of gold across multiple servers as "the effort needed to actually do it properly" is ridiculous.

Also, loot RNG has always been a factor. To claim differently is ignoring reality.
    I did not say that RNG was never a factor in the past. I said that with corruptions it is more relevant than skill. Before purchasing corruptions removed that RNG, strong players had difficulty competing with average players who lucked into multiple Infinite Stars pieces. Even with purchasing being an option, many DPS can't keep up with tanks who've stacked Twilight Devastation. To claim that RNG has been a factor to that degree is "ignoring reality."

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lol I love this response, why the infraction. I've seen far worse get nothing.
    bcs moderation on this forums is based on magic 8 ball

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    As mentioned previously, the poll is heavily skewed because most people on MMO-Champion are anti-Ion and don't play the game. I can guarantee that if I made this poll on Wowhead, it would have amazing support.
    then i can guarantee you never read comments on wowhead as people there are amazingly anti-corruption...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What we need is reforging back, that was a neat system, did not affect anything negatively and they just removed it and came up with this ridiculous systems...

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    Corruption after the targeted vendor fix behave more like gear enchants. Way more grindy and time-gated but enchants nonetheless. Some are flat out stat increases, others are damaging procs.

I would love if they would make enchanting look like this. Perhaps tied to Covenant and permitting more / stronger enchants as time goes on, to prevent players from stacking everything on day 1. Heck, you could make class-specific enchants altering your abilities.

Right now enchanting is a laughingstock of what it used to be. I was able to enchant most of my gear pieces not that long ago. I believe WOD was the pruning expansion, that reduced enchants to like 3 gear slots. In MOP I had enchants on shoulders, boots, chest, legs, belt, weapon, rings, cloak and neck. Heck, go ahead and enchant your heirlooms. You can enchant most if not all of them (barring trinkets)

If they would care and actually try, they could make enchanting great (and balanced) again.
    Rich enchanting and gemming options made expansion beginnings bearable. Sure, there was a stat reset and you replaced gear with greens and blues, but thanks to gemming and enchanting you were not at RNG mercy and could actually build a character. You need crit for your spec to work well? Stack crit gems and enchants, simple as that. In MOP a significant fraction of your stat budget came from these. Bad RNG with gear drops didn't made your character totally suck ass.
    That's actually kinda similar to an idea I had for a replacement for tier sets. You know the old argument. Do I replace this better itemized piece with a worse itemized tier piece for a bonus, is it worth it, etc. My idea was that tier pieces would be kinda like enchants. Kill the boss that would've dropped the tier pants, you have a chance to loot a token which allows to design any pants you want as "tier". So you can wear the good pieces you wanted and still have the nifty bonuses.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unequip your gear and see how much damage you deal.
    If at the same time it was critically important enough what you press/way you behave, then this could be truth... but it's not

Class "fantasy" should go ahead, which means nothing that concerns the class in this “characteristic” should really be, only universal ones. Which immediately imposes huge restrictions on "active"/trigger part of it.
    Yet it was still the same people in the world first race.
    In this case, these people are more likely to be more trained and accustomed to number of "ass hours", and hence total number of "gambles", which means "tram-pam-pam" skill here is a less fundamental factor. Of course, it's impossible to deny its value “absolutely”, but nevertheless, as I said, number of gambles and knowledge of system exploits comes to fore... and please stop matching 1 level of RNG with 4 of it
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-06-09 at 07:31 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    As mentioned previously, the poll is heavily skewed because most people on MMO-Champion are anti-Ion and don't play the game. I can guarantee that if I made this poll on Wowhead, it would have amazing support.
    Again why does it matter when you aren't going to be playing Shadowlands anyway? Covenants will be horrible and Torghast will be a disaster to name a few complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lol I love this response, why the infraction. I've seen far worse get nothing.
    They can be a bit infraction trigger-happy here, especially if you're on the opposite side of a topic a mod is weighing in on /feels a certain way about. I've come to the conclusion it's better to just use no tone/use baby language. Seems the only way not to offend.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Generally the whole corruption thing, mixing with heart of azeroth is very poor designed.