Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I know a few who were coaxed into trying classic, but I haven't heard one of them mention retail. That's a small minority of people to dedicate the amount of effort to rescale all old raids/dugeons. It's not happening.
    Enough for Blizzard to bother overhauling the leveling process. Not even XIV has done that, despite it being the number one complaint with the game.

Personal anecdotes aren't really evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Enough for Blizzard to bother overhauling the leveling process. Not even XIV has done that, despite it being the number one complaint with the game.

Personal anecdotes aren't really evidence.
    Got a source on it being the number one complaint? I hear people complain about corruption, azerite gear and stuff of that sort, but nothing about wanting to play rescaled legacy content.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Got a source on it being the number one complaint? I hear people complain about corruption, azerite gear and stuff of that sort, but nothing about wanting to play rescaled legacy content.
    Talking about XIV. Pretty sure the extensively long legacy quests are the number one complaint. Despite that it hasn't ever been changed and it' remains a large barrier for entry, to the point that devs are now "streamlining it" (yet not in any major way from what I've read)

Yet WoW, which apparently doesn't get a lot of new players, IS getting its leveling system changed? Why would they do this if there wasn't interest by new players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Talking about XIV. Pretty sure the extensively long legacy quests are the number one complaint. Despite that it hasn't ever been changed and it' remains a large barrier for entry, to the point that devs are now "streamlining it" (yet not in any major way from what I've read)

Yet WoW, which apparently doesn't get a lot of new players, IS getting its leveling system changed? Why would they do this if there wasn't interest by new players?
    You act like WoW's leveling changes going into SL is some insane overall, it's not. The only addition they're making for new players is the 1-10 zone, which from what I saw isn't overly big. IMO the reason they're making it isn't because they expect new people to flock to WoW, it's more of a preventative measure. To prevent what? People from not learning how to play the game and doing basic mechanics. There will be a boss at the end of the new zone that'll require you to do mechanics all while playing your class. It's not very hard, but it conditions the player to somewhat try and to use more than a few abilities allocated to their class.

As for the rest of the "leveling change" it's merely just rescaling. I'm all for this because all too often while leveling characters, you out level the expansion you're in and you're forced to go to the next or suffer reduced experience. With this new system, you have the option to progress partially through each expansion like you can now, or you can play it extensively the whole way to 50.

The MAIN reason for this leveling change isn't for new players, it's for the current players to level new alts. With the whole allied race system, most people have more alts than they currently did. I personally already had each class at max level already, but others might have only had a few. This leveling change is targeting us, the current players so that we have a variety of ways to quest/level up without being forced to move onto the next expansion if we happen to enjoy the one we're currently playing.

I don't know anything about final fantasy so I can't tell you why they're doing what they want, but I'm fairly certain WoW is making changes to their leveling system for existing players and not new players.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Nothing jaw dropping. New info is about shit already announced is about it.
    And I demand proof from game developer dude. I ain't buying that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjinsei View Post
    Lmao bro I’m in Tokyo, Japan orig from Canada...no belkular

- - - Updated - - -

How else would a new player fully explore the game? You need scaling and you need Ai because there won’t be a trillion player waiting for your every single desired activity in game at your time zone and desired play time...
    Im not saying you are belullar, you just pulling one, using game design in order to validate your opinion on something sobjective as gaming philosophy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Nothing jaw dropping. New info is about shit already announced is about it.
    And I demand proof from game developer dude. I ain't buying that shit.
    I mean, even if he is, game design is not a science and his opinion is subjective. So saying, this is what they will announce! or This is the best path! Is just that, an opinion
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

was m+ really announced later on not at blizzcon for legion?

if so, there's still hopes they bring back 10 man raiding right, if only.

It's still a waste of resources/effort to revitalize legacy content. If someone wants to go there, they still can, there's no barring from that. To full blown rescale all the mobs and bosses and make sure everything is balanced/tuned for EVERY raid/dungeon is a complete waste of time/resources. Besides it'll never be like how it used to be because the game overall has changed so much, classes aren't even the same as they once were. You won't ever get a 1:1 experience and again, it's OLD content. How many new people do you think are trying out retail? I know a few who were coaxed into trying classic, but I haven't heard one of them mention retail. That's a small minority of people to dedicate the amount of effort to rescale all old raids/dugeons. It's not happening.
    Are you like the president and ceo of decision making powers at the blizzards or something lmao

Crackerjack: NO!!! We don’t want new players in retail!!!! Not allowed! Focus pocus on the old grumpy ones ONLy!!

I don’t get why you THINK that we are asking for old content to be a 1:1 as it was back then...we are not.
    Last edited by Newjinsei; 2020-06-09 at 02:44 AM.

My pipe dream is that they'll announce Tinker as a class coming in shadowlands!

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like WoW's leveling changes going into SL is some insane overall, it's not. The only addition they're making for new players is the 1-10 zone, which from what I saw isn't overly big. IMO the reason they're making it isn't because they expect new people to flock to WoW, it's more of a preventative measure. To prevent what? People from not learning how to play the game and doing basic mechanics. There will be a boss at the end of the new zone that'll require you to do mechanics all while playing your class. It's not very hard, but it conditions the player to somewhat try and to use more than a few abilities allocated to their class.

As for the rest of the "leveling change" it's merely just rescaling. I'm all for this because all too often while leveling characters, you out level the expansion you're in and you're forced to go to the next or suffer reduced experience. With this new system, you have the option to progress partially through each expansion like you can now, or you can play it extensively the whole way to 50.

The MAIN reason for this leveling change isn't for new players, it's for the current players to level new alts. With the whole allied race system, most people have more alts than they currently did. I personally already had each class at max level already, but others might have only had a few. This leveling change is targeting us, the current players so that we have a variety of ways to quest/level up without being forced to move onto the next expansion if we happen to enjoy the one we're currently playing.

I don't know anything about final fantasy so I can't tell you why they're doing what they want, but I'm fairly certain WoW is making changes to their leveling system for existing players and not new players.
    Well, FFXIV problem is crazy, i mean, its a huge time sink just to get to heavensward(their first expansion) and I mean HUGE. I probably played 24 hours before getting to the first expansion. So their problem is way bigger.

That being said, I think it can be done for the benefit of both new and old players, and they did said that they did to help a lot of the new players, IIRC. So, I'm not sure, not that it matters.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Seriously though, I can't find a video from 2015 or 2016 that has anything to do with M+, when was M+ revealed for Legion? was it in an interview or something? Could possibly mean something big could still come for Shadowlands if that's how M+ was shown to us.

Really forgot when they announced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    There is zero reason for Blizzard to squander resources on something as antithetical to their design philosophy as this.
    There is no squandering of resources here. If anything, it saves them a ton of time going forward as it keeps all content ever green and players would never run out of things to do.

I made a few changes to the OP to clarify somethings for the angry nay sayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjinsei View Post
    There is no squandering of resources here. If anything, it saves them a ton of time going forward as it keeps all content ever green and players would never run out of things to do.

I made a few changes to the OP to clarify somethings for the angry nay sayers.
    For being a 'game developer' you really are bad at this... Let's let Blizzard do their thing instead of pretending that you know whats better for them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It was announced at Blizzcon, Legion was announced at Gamescom in August and M+ was revealed w Legions blizzcon presentation in November

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    It was announced at Blizzcon, Legion was announced at Gamescom in August and M+ was revealed w Legions blizzcon presentation in November
    I mean I went over the panels at 2015 blizzcon and 2016 blizzcon and nothing about it there

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder when their reveal event is going to take place now...

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I just used it as an example mate.

I don't even know exactly which Covenant ability does what exactly. BUT.... there ARE some which AT LEAST SOUND damn op in pve (mythic raid, M+).... while they AT THE SAME TIME SUCK in arena or rbg. Forcing you to literally DON'T use 1 ability AT ALL....

I hope I made it clearer to you now. (sorry, English is not my native tongue)

Say- I'm on low HP %, the only def I have in arena is covenant ability left... I pop it- I break all CCs around me...

That would make me underperform "by tiny margin"?

lol....
    if you are already on low hp without any other defense ability you would die whether you have this covenant ability or not, so... yes?
    logicaly, if you would die in the situation without the ability, and using it is not reasonable at the time, how does that ability change anything? with it you die, without it you die, where is that fucking huge difference?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I wonder when their reveal event is going to take place now...
    sony is doing their ps5 reveal this thursday so dont know why blizzard would need to postpone it that long, all they needed was to get their good PR message out about "other voices needs to be heard" yes we know, now we can have the reveal

blizzard even have their classic bg competetion starting next week with streams and casters and everything

EA and Ubisoft also have their stream events on thursday and over the weekend with new game reveals etc.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-06-09 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Forcing you to literally DON'T use 1 ability AT ALL....
    like stuns or slows or other spells on boss fights? you are "forced" to not use them (as they dont work), since vanila, yet that was never an issue, now you cant use one ability in pvp (at least not in all situations) and somehow its and issue?
    one ability cant make or break it in pvp if you are good you will still be good, if you are bad you will still be bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    like stuns or slows or other spells on boss fights? you are "forced" to not use them (as they dont work), since vanila, yet that was never an issue, now you cant use one ability in pvp (at least not in all situations) and somehow its and issue?
    one ability cant make or break it in pvp if you are good you will still be good, if you are bad you will still be bad
    Pvp suffers from a lot more than just a single out of place talent my friend...

- - - Updated - - -

Updated OP with more info hoping someone out there would listen. Trying to send this as feedback to Blizzard on the forums but the thing insists I don’t have a level 10 toon...account is not active.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated OP with profs related stuff.