Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Shaetha
    Performance is the result. It is the final stop of all those other factors. That is the meaning of the word.
    Nope, wiki disagrees with you (see previous message beginning)
    Result is result, but performance is process/action/behavior/play, which automatically discounts your reasoning
    Shaetha
    Why aren't you complaining about the other items that increase your damage or the other ways items increase your damage? What is your actual problem with corruption?
    You still didn’t understand my point of view, moreover, you got confused in concepts. I criticize ALL+ such items-spells-effects and mechanisms, be it AA, legendaries, or corruption - absolutely any. I can add to them work of toys, PvP perks, covenants+souldbinds+conduits (that's the only valid way they could be implemented) and other similar “limited” season/expansion/terrain heresy. It's just universal rule, this is foundation (here and here are examples of discussions of some problems that may appear when you don't take it into account).

I already explained there how it works, what it consists of and why it's so. All that you say no longer makes sense. Do you disagree with me? OK. I have neither desire nor intention to convince you. I heard your arguments, mostly erroneous or not important. Thank you, I understand where you're mistaken, just don't understand where such misconception is formed. In principle, first is enough for me since you couldn't “kill” any my arguments with anything adequate, which means that I'm calm for my point of view, there're no noticeable and significant errors in it. I'm glad

ps. There is no point in continuing discussion, because you're saying exact opposite, which can be equated with banal denial. In this case, it's dead end. Such conditions just counterproductive, no matter who is right.
    Mardux
    Why comb through a dictionary and thesaurus to type this word salad when you could have gotten the same effect from "I dont care what you think because it's not the same as what I think. And since you wont blindly follow me, the discussion is over."
    Not quite right, besides I tried to be less rude
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-03-10 at 12:41 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Nope, wiki disagrees with you (see previous message beginning)

I already explained there how it works, what it consists of and why it's so. All that you say no longer makes sense. Do you disagree with me? OK. I have neither desire nor intention to convince you. I heard your arguments, mostly erroneous or not important. Thank you, I understand where you're mistaken, just don't understand where such misconception is formed. In principle, first is enough for me since you couldn't “kill” any my arguments with anything adequate, which means that I'm calm for my point of view, there're no noticeable and significant errors in it. I'm glad

ps. There is no point in continuing discussion, because you're saying exact opposite, which can be equated with banal denial. In this case, it's dead end. Such conditions just counterproductive, no matter who is right.
    Why comb through a dictionary and thesaurus to type this word salad when you could have gotten the same effect from "I dont care what you think because it's not the same as what I think. And since you wont blindly follow me, the discussion is over."

You're trying to sound extremely intelligent but all you're really doing is putting your fingers in your ears and going "na na na, I cant hear you". Its kinda sad really
    Last edited by Mardux; 2020-06-09 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This whole forum consists of the vocal minority. If the poll shows anything, it's that even among the vocal minority there's a lot of people who like corruptions. MMO-C forums has like 600 active members. Compare that to millions playing the game worldwide. No, it's not the majority.
    I always wonder where the evidence is that the silent majority would like it instead. Like why does MMO_C have to diamentrally oppose the silent majority, where is the fucking evidence for that? Claims like these are as much chicken-bone reading as trying to vote on MMO-C.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

You're obviously trolling! The corruption system is the worst thing ever.

The beginning of every expansion, even BfA didn't have corruption. As the expansion progresses gear will become more powerful. Also, in Shadowlands they are bringing back set pieces from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadaboom View Post
    No bruh, please for the love of god NO. What shadowland offers in alpha is already great! No titanforge and no corruption just good old loot system is more than enough.

Tbh corruption is a total failure, the design and balance in the first place is totally off the chart. Even now it’s utterly bs.
    Compltely disagree. "Good old loot" is boring. All they had to do was have a warforge of +5 and titanforge of +10 on all non raid, non dungeon loot making sure that a titanforge stays below Ilvl of a normal raid. Loot is not boring and raiders don't have their complaints. The old loot system was god awful compared to titanforged and warfoged when done right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    You're obviously trolling! The corruption system is the worst thing ever.

The beginning of every expansion, even BfA didn't have corruption. As the expansion progresses gear will become more powerful. Also, in Shadowlands they are bringing back set pieces from raids.
    So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll? How dare someone think the system was good. You are not the arbiter of what is good and bad. People have the right to think and feel for themselves. Any trolling is coming from another direction.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-06-09 at 06:56 PM.

I dont like corruption system because of how much damage is coming from you not even pressing buttons, seeing 50% of your recount damage coming from random procs is not fun in my opionion, also becasue of how inbalanced some of them are and just up until recently how extremly rng they are to get it just sucks a lot.

but at the same time i think having no warforge/titanforge or any other system like that will be very boring as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    After watching countless amounts of Shadowlands footage, I have one takeaway from it all;

LOOT IS BORING.

There is no longer any fun in receiving loot. No excitement in what might happen upon receiving it. It is so sterile that it feels like it's super sterile.

This is why I propose that Corruptions should continue in Shadowlands. Corruptions add a HUGE RPG (role-playing-game) element to gear. They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece. Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME. It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.

I want to see Corruptions continue and I know there are many others like me. I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.
    Fuck Corruption, fuck the whole current reward structure, your opinion is wrong and you have embarressed your ancestors.

Loot doesn't need to be exciting. Killing the boss should be exciting. Chasing excitement in places that are not meant for it leads to ultimate unfulfillment.
    Saying "but mah loot is boring!" is like saying "My AA battery doesn't smell like perfume"
    O-kay? Cause it's not its freaking purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Are you trolling?
    he 100% is or a hc raider with grey-blue parses
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I am with you OP, but unfortunately Blizzard seems to have "finally" listened to the vocal minority who wants "loot to be loot". We'll see how it pans out, I'm worried it will be very boring and will backfire on them. At least we will get that "I told you so" moment once this new-old philosophy drastically fails.

Before corruption we had WF and TF. Before that...yes, loot was pretty boring and there was no incentive to run an instance after you got everything.
    That was when loot was at its best. What you call "no incentive to run an instance any more", I call "finally, it's time to compete for logs on an even playing field". Sure, Cata/MoP 25mans dropped too much loot per person, but that can easily be fixed by simply lowering the amount of items from 5-6 to 3-4 (like it was in TBC.

The loot system got progressively worse and more annoying each time they added more RNG to it. Flat 6 iLvl improvements in MoP, 6 iLvl + socket procs in WoD. Uncapped TFing in Legion (fuck, just thinking about it makes me angry, that's how bad the system was).

Say what you want about Classic gameplay, but the loot undeniably feels MUCH more rewarding and exciting there than the 10 last years of retail combined. The same applies to TBC, WotLK and Cata loot aswell, for the same reason, even if it did become more accessible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Compltely disagree. "Good old loot" is boring. All they had to do was have a warforge of +5 and titanforge of +10 on all non raid, non dungeon loot making sure that a titanforge stays below Ilvl of a normal raid. Loot is not boring and raiders don't have their complaints. The old loot system was god awful compared to titanforged and warfoged when done right.
    6+ iLvl TFing (like it was in MoP and WoD) was less annoying than the uncapped mess in Legion and BFA, but still vastly inferior to the loot system form Classic to mid MoP.

If you have an issue with getting geared too quickly, simply reduce the amount of it dropping. And even with the old system of zero RNG procs, the only people who ever got their actual BiS gear, were the ones who cleared Mythic really quickly in the tier. A world 500 guild for example, who spent 3-4 months to clear the raid, including a lot of time extending at the last boss (no new loot from reclears), would be extremely lucky to even have 1 of their raiders in full BiS before the next tier released.

The only guilds were everybody got full BiS, were the top 50ish in the world...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I would like loot being just stat boost after all. I dislike legion legendaries, tier bonus, azerite traits... They dictate the way I play my character, particularly tier set bonus.
    Although the talent has tuning problem, it allows choosing the playstyle. For example I dislike devastate spam, then I picked the talent that makes it passive. On the other hand, Tier set bonus sometimes forces certain proc/rotational change that I dislike. Tier set was gone for good reason, opening up a chance to customise gear instead of having a fix 4 pieces set that can't be changed. I like the look of tier set, but I hate tier set bonus. Most of the time, they balance it in a way that not having a full set is very punishing number-wise.

Let loot be boring then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Raiding isn't competitive. Dealing more damage is always an upgrade. Unless you're talking about PVP, you have no point.
    No it's not. Your power is not absolute, its relative to maximum possible power. With gear upgrades you have simply +10 ilvl to maximum.

But reality is, every gear that you get and is eligible for upgrade is just a gear that you need to put money in, to make it baseline power. Thus, gear tax.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    As mentioned previously, the poll is heavily skewed because most people on MMO-Champion are anti-Ion and don't play the game. I can guarantee that if I made this poll on Wowhead, it would have amazing support.
    Do that then. Prove it.

And for the record, I have never been anti-Ion. I'm just anti your terrible idea.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Maybe if you're incapable of playing the game yourself at a level higher than random heroic dungeons. The only people who like corruptions are the people that can't play their classes themselves and finally have a way of feeling like they're good players thanks to totally random procs that you have no control over.

Corruption has to be one of the worst fucking things ever added to this game. Just look at the situation with BoEs at the launch of 8.3 for example. That's not even mentioning all off the bullshit people have been dealing with when BiS corruptions get nerfed right after they get the piece they need or when it finally ends up on the vendor.
    so mutch this, nobody who takes the game half seriously would want corruption or TF/RNG Sockets, good player compete on WOWlogs in rankings and having 70% of your dps being some passive rng sucks for all us people with 2 hands aka < top 100 raider watch the vods or discord calls of us talking about it included ppl from Limit and Method not a single person like it.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-06-09 at 11:56 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im not speaking for everyone

But me, being both a casual and somewhat of a noob...i completely loved corruptions when i played.
    Because it allowed subpar classes, subpar skilled players, subpar everyone to actually do good damage.

Brewmaster Monk on a battleground?

No problem, sometimes i got first place in total damage of the entire battleground. Easy

Loved it
    I know you specifically stated that you're not speaking for everyone, but your perspective is an awful one for the game. The fact that these corruptions don't do anything meaningful to gameplay is bad enough but using your tank class getting top damage in a battleground as an example as to why the system may be good? I'm sorry to say, but that's beyond stupid.

Not only should a tank not be the top damage for obvious reasons, but even DPS classes and specs shouldn't be designed in such piss poor ways that something like corruption is even necessary. When I'm in a Mythic raid and I see a DH who is only taken because of his damage- 25% of it is corruption based- and the dude dies 50% of the time to dumb shit, I take solace in the fact that he probably won't be raiding with us much longer come SL. Even one of the better DH's I've ever played with in the same raid tops the meters sometimes because he got some good procs and 40%+ of his overall damage was from Infinite Stars. That is embarrassing design.

And all of that doesn't even take into account the need to make things like M+ harder if tanks are going to have things like TD which means everyone has to have TD or the people that don't will suffer the higher your key gets.

All in all, sure, because it's the end of the expansion, let everyone put these dumb procs on their gear and go crazy, but it 100% should not exist in SL. It's lazy design, and quite frankly, game mechanics shouldn't be designed around the casual who plays Brewmaster in BGs and wants to be top damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

A lot of people are going to miss the excitement of loot and don't even realize it yet. We're 4 months into the patch and have actually had something to chase the whole time, until now when most people will be "finished." Compare this to most seasons, where you are heroic capped in 2 weeks (or even days) and massively plateau in less than two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    I know you specifically stated that you're not speaking for everyone, but your perspective is an awful one for the game. The fact that these corruptions don't do anything meaningful to gameplay is bad enough but using your tank class getting top damage in a battleground as an example as to why the system may be good? I'm sorry to say, but that's beyond stupid.

Not only should a tank not be the top damage for obvious reasons, but even DPS classes and specs shouldn't be designed in such piss poor ways that something like corruption is even necessary. When I'm in a Mythic raid and I see a DH who is only taken because of his damage- 25% of it is corruption based- and the dude dies 50% of the time to dumb shit, I take solace in the fact that he probably won't be raiding with us much longer come SL. Even one of the better DH's I've ever played with in the same raid tops the meters sometimes because he got some good procs and 40%+ of his overall damage was from Infinite Stars. That is embarrassing design.

And all of that doesn't even take into account the need to make things like M+ harder if tanks are going to have things like TD which means everyone has to have TD or the people that don't will suffer the higher your key gets.

All in all, sure, because it's the end of the expansion, let everyone put these dumb procs on their gear and go crazy, but it 100% should not exist in SL. It's lazy design, and quite frankly, game mechanics shouldn't be designed around the casual who plays Brewmaster in BGs and wants to be top damage.
    Oh i fully understand veteran players hate this crap.
    Just saying...is awesome for me.
    But i guess you already understood my point

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Say what you want about Classic gameplay, but the loot undeniably feels MUCH more rewarding and exciting there than the 10 last years of retail combined. The same applies to TBC, WotLK and Cata loot aswell, for the same reason, even if it did become more accessible.
    Disagree. Classic wasn't rewarding at all and once you hit max? You were done unless you wanted to raid. MOP and WOD were vastly superior because you could continue to progress beyond dinging max level without having to raid and yo got on occasional bonus.

[qupte]6+ iLvl TFing (like it was in MoP and WoD) was less annoying than the uncapped mess in Legion and BFA, but still vastly inferior to the loot system form Classic to mid MoP.[/quote]Nope. Still vastly superior when you were rewarded long after you hit max. "Raid or don't bother playing" is never a vastly superior loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Corruptions wouldn't really fit with Shadowlands theme, though I'm sure that something similar could be introduced.

I don't agree with you about Vanilla gear though, as all you did was go for your BIS item from a specific raid boss and then you were done. There was no rpg about it at all. Vanilla loot was very boring, but it worked for the game at the time. People knew what to aim for and how to get it.

Corruptions are essentially additional enchantments for gear, so maybe they should let enchanters go back to enchanting all gear slots, and have bosses drop items 'corruptions' that can modify enchantments.
    What isn’t rpg about static items? If anything static items are more rpg than random luck based BS