Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    Always wondered how flying destroyed pvp. You considered attacking people at random who didnt fight back or had no chance, pvp? Pvp is only fun for people who like to ruin for others. So flying enabled people an easier way to get away and those who enjoy pvp didnt have anyone to attsck anymore. Which begs the question : maybe pvp was dead in mid classic? (Which we can clearly see on classic now).

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While Vanilla does have its appeal, it has the issue that your HP scaling effectively stopped after MC, unless you have R12/R13 Armor, you're not getting any more HP.
    Neither AQ nor Naxx gear has that much more HP, while offensive stats (especially weapon damage) are going to shoot through the roof.

Classic PvP is bursty, but it will get too bursty once Naxx / AQ is out.

Not to mention, the elephant in the room: The Vanilla Ranking system is just broken and on top of that makes random bg's nearly unplayable (outside of AV) because you face pre mades at least half of the time.

Also, the items from PvP are going to fade out once AQ is out, handful of specs will replace even their R14 weapons in AQ.

I like Classic PvP, but due to the fact that Ranking requires an absolutely insane amount of time and solo queue'ing ends up getting roflstomped half of the time, it's just not good.

TBC PvP also has issues, but at very least those issues listed above aren't a thing in TBC.
    I agree that some classes do have that problem once T3 comes out. Some classes get lucky. I know my vanilla Warlock and Shaman mopped the floor with purple geared people wearing nothing but the blue PVP set.

I do agree the ranking system is broken. I don't know if people do it today but my vanilla guild leader literally AFK'd rank 13. He told everyone and nothing was ever done about it.

PvP was horrible, even compared to BFA. Speaking of Arena, Nagrand had tornados at start that knocked you back (they got removed but they ARE part of the TBC experience as a whole), you had gear swapping and you could see the enemy team comp before the start so people could swap in say shadow res gear and my dots would tick for fuck all, etc.

Worst was stun rogues/warriors and SL/SL warlocks facetanking anything (i was one, on top of Blackout in 3s and 5s with an euro comp). I'd rather deal with broken BFA destro locks than one mana draining my healer...just a few things that come to mind on the spot.

OP is 100% correct, and forgot to mention Blood Elfs ruin population balance completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    OP is 100% correct, and forgot to mention Blood Elfs ruin population balance completely.
    Sad but true. I remember when TBC came out, the whole area was swarmed with people with names like "Legolaslmao", dancing... was sad.

It stayed that way until Cata when Worgens came out and the pre-teens flocked there and you learned how many different ways people could spell "Jacobblack".

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    This even happened in Classic. I still remember seeing tons of night elf hunters with some variation of "Legolas" as the name. They didn't look as realistic as blood elves for that name (since Legolas in the LotR movies and night elves didn't have the same skin tone), but people did it.

And yeah, it happened in pretty much every expansion that introduced new races/classes. There were all kinds of death knights with some variation of Arthas when Wrath came out, all kinds of monks with Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee/Chow Yun-fat types of names when MoP came out, demon hunters with some variation of Illidan when Legion came out, and so on.
    No, you are right. My point was that when TBC came out, seemingly all the pre-pubescents who rolled NEs re-rolled BEs.

Some of my launches were pretty good. But I kinda feel like I need a little help with some raids…

Having actual content and giving people purpose destroyed world PvP. Give 100 honor per kill in world PvP and it will become main content...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Having actual content and giving people purpose destroyed world PvP. Give 100 honor per kill in world PvP and it will become main content...
    No, people would just do exactly what they did (and got banned for) in Darkshore during BfA prepatch when they made WPvP give decent honor.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    TBC is a VERY good PVE game and sucks at everything else.
    Everything else? Else being pvp, which is like 1% of the game?