Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I want to drastically reduce funding for police, including entirely removing thousands of departments.
    how will this address racism amongst the rank & file?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I did not say it is "too harsh", nor would that constitute the definition of "political correctness". Pathetic attempt to put words in my mouth. Take your drivel elsewhere.
    Since paraphrasing you wasn't enough

It's aggressive rhetoric that could be interpreted in too many ways.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Since paraphrasing you wasn't enough
    I would focus on your quoting skills before attempting to paraphrase anyone, let alone read between the lines. You are clearly not equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Can we please move the DEFUND discussion to the proper thread?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-police-in-USA

Or better yet, start a new one on this topic. But this is the General Election thread, and it would be nice to stay on that topic here.
    It's almost like I brought up the defund verbiage in the context of the GE and every turned it into a shitshow.

First, it would reduce the militarization. Second, you fire everyone and make them reapply with more stringent hiring guidelines. This is done in waves. Then you require new training. It’s pretty basic shit... just because the problem is big doesn’t mean we have to let it continue. Fucking ridiculous.
    these can all be accomplished without "defunding".

10+ Year Old Account
    I would focus on your quoting skills before attempting to paraphrase anyone, let alone read between the lines. You are clearly not equipped.
    You think 'defund the police' is too politically divisive of a phrase. Do you not? I can only read what you wrote.

politically incorrect

You think 'defund the police' is too politically divisive of a phrase. Do you not? I can only read what you wrote.

politically incorrect
    It's very clear that that is the only thing you can read in that text. You have done a great job revealing yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very clear that that is the only thing you can read in that text. You have done a great job revealing yourself.
    Its horrible when people take what you wrote and comment accordingly. Frustrating, I know

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's almost like I brought up the defund verbiage in the context of the GE and every turned it into a shitshow.
    because people feel strongly about their causes, be it M4A or defund the police, and do not actually care about how it influences the general election. if they lose because of it, well, its okay cause they made the right noises.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Nothing like some ol' fashioned monarchy.
    cant get much worse than trump.

at this point a Socratic society of potted plants as over lords would be preferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacobin /Left Twitter Pitchbot: "Trump is outflanking Biden on race relations!"

Stephen Miller will be writing Trump's new speech on race relations.

I bet it will have some politically incorrect zingers to own the libs!
    Government Affiliated Snark

No, they can’t. We need to defund many of these precincts and invest that money in social services. If you just give them more money with less people they buy more tanks. They should have no tanks.
    who is in charge of hiring/firing police? who dictates what they spend their funds on? what rules are in place for how they spend funding? how about police unions? what about state laws that enable police brutality?

these are what you should be focusing on.
    a downsized police dpt does not actually solve any of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady G View Post

Oof... It will be glorious.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    who is in charge of hiring/firing police? who dictates what they spend their funds on? what rules are in place for how they spend funding? how about police unions? what about state laws that enable police brutality?

these are what you should be focusing on.
    a downsized police dpt does not actually solve any of those issues.
    Other thread please...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady G View Post

isn't one of stephen miller's lifelong goals to "incite a race war" or somesuch?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Oof... It will be glorious.
    Lol, indeed. Race relations - that quote from his Press Secretary was hysterical. "We got 8% of the black vote. Romney only got 2% - what does he have to contribute?"

Its horrible when people take what you wrote and comment accordingly. Frustrating, I know
    I don't believe you. Even though I can only imagine how familiar you are with feelings of frustration, I find it hard to believe you dense to the point of not realizing how you offended me.

At least you have given up on the semantics, I guess, and are just trying to force your desired outcome into reality. You might not know it but it's progress. Maybe use a bold font next time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you can't even get the most left wing member of congress on board with your slogan, maybe its time to admit it's not helping your cause.

but it seems more about making the right noises than enacting real change.
    Because we all know that Bernie Sanders and his army of internet ragemongers have never have a problem with being tone deaf to racial issues, right? /s

White progressives in this thread be demonstrating why they lost South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Because we all know that Bernie Sanders and his army of internet ragemongers have never have a problem with being tone deaf to racial issues, right? /s

White progressives in this thread be demonstrating why they lost South Carolina.
    do you think it would be helpful for biden to take up this rallying cry?

10+ Year Old Account
    do you think it would be helpful for biden to take up this rallying cry?
    I think that regardless of whether or not he does it the Republicans are going to attach the label to him either way, and your efforts at not ruffling the feathers of white moderates will have ended up being for naught as you end up not getting any additional support while alienating your base.

Sounds about Democrat. The Third Way has basically become an exercise in pathological defeatism.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-09 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.