Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What was even the source of this idea that there'd be a major reveal? The original post about the livestream called it an "Update" where they'd talk "more about the upcoming Shadowlands expansion with a look at some of the newest content in development."

No.. keep dreaming. Better yet, don't.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

If Dark ranger would ever be a thing be as 4th hunter spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    The June reveal will most likely just be letting us know when the beta will start, maybe we'll also get a confirmed release date.

It's way too late in the development cycle for them to add a whole new class to the expansion, and if they had planned to do so, it would have been featured when the expansion was revealed in the first place to build hype and get people more interested.

As for if they SHOULD, I don't think so. Dark Ranger is really just a reskinned hunter, with shadow/death themed abilities instead of pets. Plus it's a class that, at least in WoW's lifetime, has been associated almost exclusively with one faction (Horde) so unless they did some ass-pull about bringing those slain, reanimated, and dark rangered Kaldorei wardens/sentinels back into the Alliance somehow after all their "buh elune forsaken me!" it'd take a lot of work to make dark ranger work for Alliance.
    I agree that iits probably to late for blizzard to reveal a class.

I completely disagree with the last portion of your post.

Dark ranger was one of the few cross factions heroes in wc3 tft. Stuff like paladin, death knight, shaman and so on where all faction specific.

The only reason for your horde comment is because Sylvanas's forsaken joined the horde with her dark rangers, but as we all know now, she never really joined the horde.

Alleria could be an alliance class leader for the dark ranger class. Not sure who would be it for the horde atm lol.

Personally i am pro Dark ranger. I think wow could use another bow class and i find the dark archer interesting as a concept. I could easily make up 3 different specs within it.

Did they ever have an explanation for why there is a fourth fire based allied race DK sword? Burning Greatsword of the Ebon Blade. I remember there were a couple of presumed fake images of Dragonknight versions of DK's. I'm not saying this is a real thing but I do find it odd that the sword is in the game.

I haven't been keeping up with that stuff but I don't remember any mention of it during the very short allied race DK intro. Anyone know why the fire sword exists? Just a transmog or leftover sword from an abandoned idea during development?

Completely doubt it. A new class would have been announced along with the expansion to cash in more pre-orders early.
    There's no reason to keep it away. Also no sign of it in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I agree that iits probably to late for blizzard to reveal a class.

I completely disagree with the last portion of your post.

Dark ranger was one of the few cross factions heroes in wc3 tft. Stuff like paladin, death knight, shaman and so on where all faction specific.

The only reason for your horde comment is because Sylvanas's forsaken joined the horde with her dark rangers, but as we all know now, she never really joined the horde.

Alleria could be an alliance class leader for the dark ranger class. Not sure who would be it for the horde atm lol.

Personally i am pro Dark ranger. I think wow could use another bow class and i find the dark archer interesting as a concept. I could easily make up 3 different specs within it.
    I think class skins are the better way to go for Dark Ranger. Blizzard is very good at art assets. Not so good at class development and balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I think class skins are the better way to go for Dark Ranger. Blizzard is very good at art assets. Not so good at class development and balancing.
    Personally thought it odd that they didnt make a dh version of the dark ranger as their third spec. Seems like it could have been a close fit with a few changes and a ranged dh spec as their third would fit perfectly in with the rest of their agile kit.

Lol, that image was literally made by someone on this forum.

Forgot who it was, but it was after the Bastion leak but before Blizzcon,obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Lol, that image was literally made by someone on this forum.

Forgot who it was, but it was after the Bastion leak but before Blizzcon,obviously
    240p resolution. How can it NOT be real? :P Its like playing the newest battlefield on one monitor and minecraft on the other.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    Hey guys so I had this idea in my head and I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Does anyone remember this image ?

https://images.app.goo.gl/JihHhDSfSmNYAUVz5

This was leaked along side the Lich king photo that everyone thought was leaked and it had the same exact logo.

I know the dark ranger topic is dead by now but what iffffff that was the June reveal ? Would you guys like it or do many still not want an extra class/spec?
    definitely not. if a new class was going to be introduced they would've a) announced it at Blizzcon and b) it would be on the alpha & would've been datamined ages ago

that is one hell of a low quality picture. i feel like they made better pictures in the 90s.

yup, can confirm. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...cing_Cover.jpg better quality.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Did they ever have an explanation for why there is a fourth fire based allied race DK sword? Burning Greatsword of the Ebon Blade. I remember there were a couple of presumed fake images of Dragonknight versions of DK's. I'm not saying this is a real thing but I do find it odd that the sword is in the game.

I haven't been keeping up with that stuff but I don't remember any mention of it during the very short allied race DK intro. Anyone know why the fire sword exists? Just a transmog or leftover sword from an abandoned idea during development?
    Because Bolvar is all about fire.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I could only see it being real if it was a class skin for marksmanship. There is no room for another archer class.
    huh?how is there no room for an archer class?an archer class is probably the most needed class,hunter is the only class of its kind in wow,it has the MOST room lol,also wow REALLY needs a freaking mail class

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Personally thought it odd that they didnt make a dh version of the dark ranger as their third spec. Seems like it could have been a close fit with a few changes and a ranged dh spec as their third would fit perfectly in with the rest of their agile kit.
    Demon Hunters and Dark Rangers have nothing in common - aside being elves.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Demon Hunters and Dark Rangers have nothing in common - aside being elves.
    There are plenty of classes in the game that have specs with nothing in common. They are both elves, they are both edgelords. Thats already more in common then shadow and disc priest has.

It appears this isn't legit based on the posts in this thread. However, I wouldn't be surprised if blood elves are given pale skin and red eyes as customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    Does anyone remember this image ?
    Yes, and i also remember the guy on this forum who made it. It's not from Blizzard, that much is certain.

I honestly want 4th specs, even if they do them a few at a time the game needs it and pure DPS classes need other options like tank or heals. The reason we have under representation of roles is because of Pure DPS classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No chance of that. Blizz would not have hidden a new class during Blizzcon (few things are more exciting and 'new' than a new class) and if there were any strings or hints in the files related to a new class they would have been discovered by now.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.