Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Color grading assistant and quality assurance for commercials and feature films at a post-production company.
    I am awful at grading, hopefully one day I can get better but I guess its just practice. Did you jump straight into it and learn on the job?

I worked as a Frontend Web Dev for a small agency (which I still work for) but due to poor projects that are mainly WP based I lost interest. Slowly picked up filming and now work as an editor/cam crew. Learning as much as I can is exciting and just love absorbing new information. Who knows, 5 years down the line I might be somewhere else but I think I am on the right track. Luckily I was chucked in the deep end (recently did a commercial as B cam for L'Occitane, edited by me) so had to learn on the job, something that many videographers struggle with initially.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I am awful at grading, hopefully one day I can get better but I guess its just practice. Did you jump straight into it and learn on the job?
    I don't actually do any sort of grading even though we are assistants of the colorists. Conform is the actual term, but no one really knows what that is so I tend to say assistant even though it's not that accurate either.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    A dream of mine was always to work as a security guard with a dog, but overall anything involving security work is heckingly interesting! Hope you have a great retirement!
    Thanks you, and Yeah I never got to personally work a detail with K9's but we do have them handling them also require a certain training as well who knew hehe!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm a day shift stripper.
    You're saving up for college too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    I'm the person who helps your grandparents live a comfortable life because you're too selfish to help them out yourself.
    Perfect post. This is a real and sad uncomfortable truth.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Marketing and product research.

7+ Year Old Account
    Post social engineering questions on websites to collect data that I can then sell or use for other nefarious reasons in the future. /s

10+ Year Old Account

Somehow, it all seems to come down to this.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2020-06-10 at 07:26 AM. Reason: lag caused repeats
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post

Somehow, it all seems to come down to this.
    Yup thats what I do too, but I don't like coffee.
    I know things too but I spend my time sharing it with my mates and youngsters.

Digital marketing researcher

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Software Quality Manager for a medical Insurance company

Resturant so feeding people, i like talking to costumers probably the most fun part. Crazy how much more we have now in these corona times though with more people staying home but more work more money so cant complain.

And in down times im free to read or listen to 40K novels or browse the internet so very nice, audiobooks ftw time just flies by.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Resturant so feeding people, i like talking to costumers probably the most fun part. Crazy how much more we have now in these corona times though with more people staying home but more work more money so cant complain.

And in down times im free to read or listen to 40K novels or browse the internet so very nice, audiobooks ftw time just flies by.
    When I got out of the Army, I went to work for my uncle at his truck station he owned. The one nice thing about it was getting to talk to all the truck drivers. Heard some interesting tales. I liked the job a lot.

Did not pay well however or had any future securities to offer, so I quit and went to work at a factory, which paid a lot more, but was very boring. I do not regret it however, as it opened up some good opportunities later in life.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    When I got out of the Army, I went to work for my uncle at his truck station he owned. The one nice thing about it was getting to talk to all the truck drivers. Heard some interesting tales. I liked the job a lot.

Did not pay well however or had any future securities to offer, so I quit and went to work at a factory, which paid a lot more, but was very boring. I do not regret it however, as it opened up some good opportunities later in life.
    Yeah most fun part of the job imo, the place is also located by a main road connecting some big cities so lots of people specially now at summer winter times is pretty dead there.

Yeah i know alot of guys working factories here there is always work more so if you have a forklift license then it's almost guaranteed work.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I am a sailor, but due to covid I can`t go to the voyage so now I am website developer

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on the partnerships team over at Twitch.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I’m an accountant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I check invoices to make sure no one buys stuff they are not allowed to (or we pay for stuff we didn't buy) and do some security/IT-support in a government organization.
    Also, I'm motorsport photographer.

But also: writing, some real estate, and always working on multiple streams of revenue.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Electrician

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    i troubleshoot and build computers.
    I troubleshoot and program SSIS packages, to handle vast amounts of data back and forth between Medicaid and various providers across the US.

C# and SQL mostly
    Putin khuliyo