Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    I know you specifically stated that you're not speaking for everyone, but your perspective is an awful one for the game. The fact that these corruptions don't do anything meaningful to gameplay is bad enough but using your tank class getting top damage in a battleground as an example as to why the system may be good? I'm sorry to say, but that's beyond stupid.

Not only should a tank not be the top damage for obvious reasons, but even DPS classes and specs shouldn't be designed in such piss poor ways that something like corruption is even necessary. When I'm in a Mythic raid and I see a DH who is only taken because of his damage- 25% of it is corruption based- and the dude dies 50% of the time to dumb shit, I take solace in the fact that he probably won't be raiding with us much longer come SL. Even one of the better DH's I've ever played with in the same raid tops the meters sometimes because he got some good procs and 40%+ of his overall damage was from Infinite Stars. That is embarrassing design.

And all of that doesn't even take into account the need to make things like M+ harder if tanks are going to have things like TD which means everyone has to have TD or the people that don't will suffer the higher your key gets.

All in all, sure, because it's the end of the expansion, let everyone put these dumb procs on their gear and go crazy, but it 100% should not exist in SL. It's lazy design, and quite frankly, game mechanics shouldn't be designed around the casual who plays Brewmaster in BGs and wants to be top damage.
    Who made you sole arbiter of what is good and bad for the game? Basically all you are saying is you don't like it, therefore it is bad for the game. His take is not bad or good for the game. It is simply his opinion. And what you like isn't good or bad for the game either. It's just your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Unequip your gear and see how much damage you deal. Gear makes you deal more damage and have more (effective) health. Those are the only two things it does. Those are the only things gear in basically any RPG does. To argue against a piece of gear making you deal more damage is nonsense.

The only thing wrong with corruption was its original acquisition method. That sucked ass. Other than that, it's just more enchants to pick the best one of, and there's always going to be a best and worst. The important thing is the flavor it brings.

Almost everything in a game is about flavor. What you're actually doing is basically data entry.
    I know this is a bit of a slow response, but I wasn't arguing about how necessary gear is, and I certainly wasn't asking for gear as loot to not be important. I was more or less remarking about how absurd gear has become relative to your class skills, using corruption as an example because they are the most recent mechanic on loot. Corruption gear obviously offers stat increases, but it also offers some pretty fucking absurd passive boosts to your damage, which has created a severe power gap between players who have strong corruptions, and those without.

At the start of BfA, a low-level player stood a chance in a pvp situation vs another, better geared player, even with azerite traits being a system. But in current play, casuals simply cannot compete anymore due to how inherently strong the effects of corruption are. On another note, I don't think we should encourage a gear progression system that is so difficult to read that we require 3rd party websites to sim our characters for us, which corruption certainly isn't helping with.

With that said, I am happy tier sets are coming back, as those were almost always the most engaging and exciting bonuses attached to gear.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2020-06-09 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    After watching countless amounts of Shadowlands footage, I have one takeaway from it all;

LOOT IS BORING.

There is no longer any fun in receiving loot. No excitement in what might happen upon receiving it. It is so sterile that it feels like it's super sterile.

This is why I propose that Corruptions should continue in Shadowlands. Corruptions add a HUGE RPG (role-playing-game) element to gear. They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece. Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME. It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.

I want to see Corruptions continue and I know there are many others like me. I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.
    How about, HELL NO?
    so far 93% says no. and this is just a small part of the community. Corruption is something they came up with because Azerite did not work out well and it's broken because it means that a warrior who has devestation rank 3 for example will out class a warrior of equal skill who do not have devesation 3.

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Who made you sole arbiter of what is good and bad for the game? Basically all you are saying is you don't like it, therefore it is bad for the game. His take is not bad or good for the game. It is simply his opinion. And what you like isn't good or bad for the game either. It's just your opinion
    I don't think I said anywhere that I'm the sole arbiter of anything, but if you believe that a tank spec being top damage in anything is healthy for the game, then you honestly shouldn't have an opinion on said game.

That isn't really a matter of opinion. That's common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    Do us all a favour and just uninstall the game sweetie.
    People can have different opinions about the game cupcake. God forbid we exchange opinions without condescension.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    How about, HELL NO?
    so far 93% says no. and this is just a small part of the community. Corruption is something they came up with because Azerite did not work out well and it's broken because it means that a warrior who has devestation rank 3 for example will out class a warrior of equal skill who do not have devesation 3.
    Not true, skill trumps all and I've seen many players who have no corruption almost beat players with corrutpion. You can beat these effects without using them if you dislike them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No it's not. Your power is not absolute, its relative to maximum possible power. With gear upgrades you have simply +10 ilvl to maximum.

But reality is, every gear that you get and is eligible for upgrade is just a gear that you need to put money in, to make it baseline power. Thus, gear tax.
    Yeah, that's literally not what baseline means.

Don't redefine words because your argument is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    I know this is a bit of a slow response, but I wasn't arguing about how necessary gear is, and I certainly wasn't asking for gear as loot to not be important. I was more or less remarking about how absurd gear has become relative to your class skills, using corruption as an example because they are the most recent mechanic on loot. Corruption gear obviously offers stat increases, but it also offers some pretty fucking absurd passive boosts to your damage, which has created a severe power gap between players who have strong corruptions, and those without.

At the start of BfA, a low-level player stood a chance in a pvp situation vs another, better geared player, even with azerite traits being a system. But in current play, casuals simply cannot compete anymore due to how inherently strong the effects of corruption are. On another note, I don't think we should encourage a gear progression system that is so difficult to read that we require 3rd party websites to sim our characters for us, which corruption certainly isn't helping with.

With that said, I am happy tier sets are coming back, as those were almost always the most engaging and exciting bonuses attached to gear.
    That has been true of every last patch of an expansion. There is always an insane gap between where we started and where we ended.

You can buy corruption now. Go buy it. Yes, it probably should have been that way in the first place, but I don't want to hear about having to do things to get it. It was never going to be both free and purchasable.

Also, the last statement, using third party stuff has always been true. You can almost always figure what's better when you know your class for similar items, but there has always been a need to figure out what is the best item when the items don't do the same things. Since manual testing is massively impractical, people made a tool for it. Then people made a web based version of that same tool. The only thing that changed was the fact people too lazy to do it know about it.

Yeah, that's literally not what baseline means.

Don't redefine words because your argument is bad.
    That's exactly what it is, you pay some currency for this item to become baseline.

IF on the other hand system would work that any item could become max ilvl, then "baseline" word would be indeed bad.
    But since they are all used to have +X static ilvl upgrade cap then it is simply a baseline level and it just drop underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    A lot of people are going to miss the excitement of loot and don't even realize it yet. We're 4 months into the patch and have actually had something to chase the whole time, until now when most people will be "finished." Compare this to most seasons, where you are heroic capped in 2 weeks (or even days) and massively plateau in less than two months.
    Exactly. Shadowlands is going to be boring as h*ll if loot doesn't have fun effects like Corruption. I can already see the forum QQs now.

I don't think I said anywhere that I'm the sole arbiter of anything, but if you believe that a tank spec being top damage in anything is healthy for the game, then you honestly shouldn't have an opinion on said game.

That isn't really a matter of opinion. That's common sense.
    You didn't say it explicilty but your posts and how you say things make it loud and clear including this post I am quoting. Your last sentence is as explicit as it gets. Everything you utter is your opinion. Your opinions are not facts. You are absolutely trying to be sole arbiter by trying to declare what is good and bad for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    What we need is reforging back, that was a neat system, did not affect anything negatively and they just removed it and came up with this ridiculous systems...
    NO it was not.

"Hey guys I got a loot upgrade. Sorry, I have to go back to the reforger so I can wear it." Be back in a couple of minutes"

Thank god it's gone and can stay gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    92% say no
    I love democracy.
    A hivemind does not = decmocracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Because...it SUCKS..

And if you like it.

You are wrong.
    That is a very elitist statement. He is not wrong and it is perfectly legit to like it. Also, your opinion is not fact.

Not true, skill trumps all and I've seen many players who have no corruption almost beat players with corruption. You can beat these effects without using them if you dislike them so much.
    If you would note, that I did put A warrior with corruption would beat a warrior of EQUAL Skill without a corruption equal meaning the same skill

Not true, skill trumps all and I've seen many players who have no corruption almost beat players with corrutpion. You can beat these effects without using them if you dislike them so much.
    I'm sorry but that just doesn't seem possible dps wise. if you mean pvp then sure, corruptions might not have procced etc.

I personally will be very glad to let corruptions go. Was a cool mechanic but the implmenetation was quite bad. Some of them never should have been this strong.

After watching countless amounts of Shadowlands footage, I have one takeaway from it all;

LOOT IS BORING.

There is no longer any fun in receiving loot. No excitement in what might happen upon receiving it. It is so sterile that it feels like it's super sterile.

This is why I propose that Corruptions should continue in Shadowlands. Corruptions add a HUGE RPG (role-playing-game) element to gear. They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece. Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME. It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.

I want to see Corruptions continue and I know there are many others like me. I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.
    Loot is boring? It’s the game itself that makes loot not feel boring by being a fun game. WoW is a self defeating game at its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You didn't say it explicilty but your posts and how you say things make it loud and clear including this post I am quoting. Your last sentence is as explicit as it gets. Everything you utter is your opinion. Your opinions are not facts. You are absolutely trying to be sole arbiter by trying to declare what is good and bad for the game.
    Just because you say something over and over again doesn't make it true.

If you're honestly going to argue that tanks being the top damage in any kind of content is healthy for the game, then I have to question how you're even able to operate a computer. I would also assume it gets rather hot under that helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Are you trolling?
    doubt it,corruption itself isnt rly disliked as a system,just the crazy way it works,way to strong,some to weak,basicaly legion legenderies but less fun and somehow even more broken,shadowlands will need some form of fun and interesting gear and not just stack sticks,even vanila was more interesting because the gear was all over the place budget wise and had some effects

Just because you say something over and over again doesn't make it true.

If you're honestly going to argue that tanks being the top damage in any kind of content is healthy for the game, then I have to question how you're even able to operate a computer. I would also assume it gets rather hot under that helmet.
    But it is true. Your insults towards people who disagree with you prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That's exactly what it is, you pay some currency for this item to become baseline.

IF on the other hand system would work that any item could become max ilvl, then "baseline" word would be indeed bad.
    But since they are all used to have +X static ilvl upgrade cap then it is simply a baseline level and it just drop underpowered.
    Baseline is the object's default state. If you change it, it's no longer the baseline. The baseline of a WoW character is technically without items, talents, or spec, but it's acceptable to mean with talents and spec, since you always have those. The baseline of a WoW item is without any upgrades. No enchant, no tertiary, no socket, no corruption, no set bonus. It doesn't always have those, so it can't be the baseline. The baseline of an item is displayed in the encounter journal. If it has anything else, it isn't baseline by definition.

I get what you're saying. I'm not even trying to argue against it other than stating your argument only makes sense in the context of PVP because parity doesn't matter otherwise(at least not to the extent that a socket on gear makes a difference), but the word you've chosen as your buzzword is not the right word for what you're trying to say. You're looking for a word like "Par". Baseline is objectively the incorrect word for what you're trying to say, and using the wrong words makes your argument bad even if you had a good point to make.

I'm ok with corruption right now, even if its insanely imbalanced and destroying the game.

However I want it completely erased come shadowlands. This system has way too many RNG elements and you have zero control over it.

I want gear to matter again. I want skill to matter again.

Baseline is the object's default state. If you change it, it's no longer the baseline. The baseline of a WoW character is technically without items, talents, or spec, but it's acceptable to mean with talents and spec, since you always have those. The baseline of a WoW item is without any upgrades. No enchant, no tertiary, no socket, no corruption, no set bonus. It doesn't always have those, so it can't be the baseline. The baseline of an item is displayed in the encounter journal. If it has anything else, it isn't baseline by definition.

I get what you're saying. I'm not even trying to argue against it other than stating your argument only makes sense in the context of PVP because parity doesn't matter otherwise(at least not to the extent that a socket on gear makes a difference), but the word you've chosen as your buzzword is not the right word for what you're trying to say. You're looking for a word like "Par". Baseline is objectively the incorrect word for what you're trying to say, and using the wrong words makes your argument bad even if you had a good point to make.
    I used baseline because if there would be no upgrade system, that would be default object state.

Just a quick example:
    Lets say you have 0/2 400 ilvl and 2/2 410ilvl drop from mythic raid
    Raids and M+ is designed around 410 ilvl in mind

Without upgrade system you would just have 410 ilvl instead. OR 400 and raids/m+ tuned to ilvl 400.