Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    A system that causes players to quit probably wasn't a good system to begin with.
    Name a system that hasnt

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Class tier sets.
    Source for this?

I could see m+ people dropping legion because they didnt want to raid for tier sets. Or pvp'ers for a long time before that.

There will never be a source, I was more or less being snide.

But Mythic+ not having tier sets isn't really the fault of tier sets though. Mechanically class sets were still the same as they had always been, can't blame the sets for Blizzard not adding them beyond a single activity.

But yeah, class sets added rotational changes and excitement to classes. Corruptions are more or less more passives to add the the pile of passives we already have on our gear.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2020-06-09 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I guess so, might as well remove avenging wrath, and any big cooldown you can name.

But seriously, what if I don't like sandboxing content? What if I don't like Torguast? Then I guess shadowlands isn't the expansion for me :/

Anyways, all of the other sandboxing content had one thing in common, secondary stat buffs, that was it, nothing gamebreaking, no direct mechanic changes. Sure it made your rotation and damage insane, I'll never forget timeless isle, I always went for Yu'lon or chi'ji, the stat increase was just beyond ludicrous! Sometimes I feel bad when I leave timeless isle, it was fun.

I look at the Torgaust guide and holy shit, there are thousands and thousands of modifications to your abilities. Some that I think should already be implemented to your class.

It's either Torgaust will be good or bad, nothing in between. Blizzard has to invest all of their time and effort in making Torgaust fun and able to do so in the long run, otherwise its all gonna go to shit.
    If you dont like sandbox then probably WoW isn't for you as there are massive amount of things disabled in raids and dungeons and even pvp instances.

You should know by now what would happen if all "outside" rules would transit into instances from this guy rextroy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAp5DsV8jE

This is why they sandboxed. Thorgast isn't really all that much different.

And yes blizzard should invest their time into thorgast but I am affraid it will end up like island expeditions, being abandoned mid expansion and only having some small fixes. You know you could get insanely powerful in islands right? There was this thing called ATOMIK which could blow up entire map in one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Or, here's a thought, maybe Blizz takes in the feedback if enough people point out the issue, and then improvements can be made.

Legion was at least a decent expansion, but everyone that only came after BfA was released would never know it because they removed most of the interesting parts of that expansion.

Sorry if this goes against your black and white (all or nothing) philosophy.
    Or here's a thought, someone not liking something doesn't mean it's a bad system or that it even needs changes. People need to separate their own egos from situations more.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    Why anyone would care at this stage of the expansion to even bother gearing up is beyond me. The proverbial ship had sailed as soon as 8.3 and all its absurdity dropped. Relax and play a better game until SL arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No it's really not. You are a type of person that goes to lottery to win some mascot because entry fee is $1 and complain about RNG while there is a shop nearby that sells this mascot for 6$.
    Just that you have to wait 8 weeks for the 6 dollar mascot. I guess you forgot that. And the mascot doesn't even have the kinda hat and feet(traits) that I wanted so I used the smaller doll that I found on the ground instead(emissary azerite with bis traits, aka random as fuck)

In before "it takes two week if you do a keystone level 228 two weeks in a row".

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Just that you have to wait 8 weeks for the 6 dollar mascot. I guess you forgot that. And the mascot doesn't even have the kinda hat and feet(traits) that I wanted so I used the smaller doll that I found on the ground instead(emissary azerite with bis traits, aka random as fuck)

In before "it takes two week if you do a keystone level 228 two weeks in a row".
    I guess you forgot that specific pieces drop from raids and you can totally get by using those. Then you have time to get exactly the one you need or have some RNG and hope for the best.

Still better than 8 months tho. For most of the classes raids have 2 best pieces and one good piece.
    There is also PVP to get azerite but I guess you forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Rental powers are garbage. The baseline classes have been in a garbage state with Legion and BFA. They took 10 years of refinement towards perfection in class design and threw it out the window to start over with rental powers. Blizzards designers are a bunch of inept retards. Fuck rental powers, fuck pruning, and fuck modern WoW.

Couldn't agree more with you mate.

Just imagine if we uneqip every single:

1. azerite armor
    2. azerite neck (therefor, removing essences)
    3. corrupted gear.

just imagine how EMPTY, WEAK and BORING our classes would feel.

THAT'S THE ISSUE!

Let LOOT BE LOOT and let classes have their..... THING!

Everything would be 10x better AND it would be easier for you to nerf/buff/fix things!

Not like corruption buffs/nerfs that we get now.... MONTHS after their release. -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    I know something else that is "straight stupid"
    your reply

- - - Updated - - -

Corruptions in PVP should not be active, at all.
    Don't use them then.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't like a system, don't participate in it maybe? I don't give two shits what corruptions I am using, because I know 1. It's a terrible system, 2. It'll be gone in a few months and wont matter anyway, and 3. I don't care enough about progression to min/max. I play the game the way I want to, and am not concerned with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I guess you forgot that specific pieces drop from raids and you can totally get by using those. Then you have time to get exactly the one you need or have some RNG and hope for the best.

Still better than 8 months tho. For most of the classes raids have 2 best pieces and one good piece.
    There is also PVP to get azerite but I guess you forgot about that.
    Raids doesn't always drop best traits. Raid's doesn't even have my second and 3rd bis trait. And not all do mythic raiding so their best item level option is from that vendor. Not all do PvP either but I guess you forgot all that. I actually use a warfront darkshore one, 465, better than any from the raid. I even use a 450 one(on main and main alt) because they(second bis trait) don't exist with the bis trait other than on emissary ones.

Still better than 8 months? Took 3-4 weeks to get tier 4set if you talk about that. I distinctly remember you saying to me at least twice that azerite armor is like tier gear. But it doesn't fit your narrative today so I guess you talk about legendaries. Which took 3-4months to get ALL for your spec if you played the game. You said yourself several times you didn't play much in Legion. Its comparable to corruption(I even believe you said so yourself), 5 months later I still don't have IS rank 3 on my main. Even leggos was better than corruption(and faster than getting 3 bis items from vendor EACH PATCH LMAO). You would get them eventually and you were done with them. No BLP on corruption. You might even get bis on a 450 item and you still want a higher item level one.

Anyways, you are just moving goalpost here. We are talking about that vendor and don't even start to trivialize the amount of time or rng you need to get the piece you need.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-10 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

1. azerite armor
    3. corrupted gear.

THAT'S THE ISSUE!

Everything would be 10x better AND it would be easier for you to nerf/buff/fix things!

Not like corruption buffs/nerfs that we get now.... MONTHS after their release. -.-'
    And combine this with gutted enchanting and jewelcrafting which might as well not exist anymore.

Before Legion and the advent of rental power systems everywhere, it was not bad even on expansion transition.
    Sure, you were scaled down and you lost your maxed out stats when replacing the epic gear with greens and blues.
    But you got out of this very quickly with dungeon blues and occasional pre-raid epics

You were able to gem and enchant most of your gear pieces. In MOP I could enchant weapon, 2 rings, neck, cloak, shoulders, chest, belt, leggings and boots. Additional enchant from engineering too. That's like ten items. And twice as many gem slots. And guess what, I had control over what i put on that gear. Sure, it was folliwing a guide anyway, but at least you could build a decently functioning character even at the expansion launch. I felt strong in 5.0 and 6.0 after the initial gearing procedure.

Now it's not the case. New expac comes out and you lose A LOT while gaining nothing in return. Legion taken away legendary items, artifact power and the thing from 7.3, the crucible or something. BFA will take away essences, hearth of azeroth, azerite armor pieces and corruptions. That's even worse than what Legion took. Some specs derive half their damage from correct azerite trait procs alone.

Well, if it's that bad again ill just unsub until 9.3 for the third time. Skipped most of legion, skipped most of BFA. I can't stand this anymore and im only returing for "full version" of WoW where my char has access to all those dumb systems that make it actually fun to play.

Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    Every expansion has one garbage system. They do things to just make a change and most people hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Raids doesn't always drop best traits. Raid's doesn't even have my second and 3rd bis trait. And not all do mythic raiding so their best item level option is from that vendor. Not all do PvP either but I guess you forgot all that. I actually use a warfront darkshore one, 465, better than any from the raid. I even use a 450 one(on main and main alt) because they don't exist with the bis trait other than on emissary ones.

Still better than 8 months? Took 3-4 weeks to get tier 4set if you talk about that. I distinctly remember you saying to me at least twice that azerite armor is like tier gear. But it doesn't fit your narrative today so I guess you talk about legendaries. Which took 3-4months to get ALL for your spec if you played the game. You said yourself several times you didn't play much in Legion. Its comparable to corruption(I even believe you said so yourself), 5 months later I still don't have IS rank 3 on my main. Even leggos was better than corruption(and faster than getting 3 bis items from vendor EACH PATCH LMAO). You would get them eventually. No BLP on corruption.

Anyways, you are just moving goalpost here. We are talking about that vendor and don't even start to trivialize the amount of time or rng you need to get the piece you need.
    Heroic raids drop azerite too. If you didn't participate in mythic raids before you didn't even have a chance to get highest ilvl tier anyways, now you do.
    PvP players who refused to step into raids didn't have any chance for that to happen as well. And if you liked pvp and M+ then it was the hardest for you.

If you are using 450 azerite then i am pretty sure you are gimping yourself because for vast majority of classes any 480 with just one good trait is going to be better, but I might be wrong and your class is somewhat in bad spot. That doesn't change anything as you can see that even in top 50 on WCL you will see traits variety.

3-4 weeks for tier sets, unfortunately you also had to get legendaries as well and that took 8 months. Legendaries were nothing else than set-bonus-in-one-item.
    And nobody in the world got all spec legendaries in 3-4 months since you forgot about softcap that literally prevented you to do so.
    And no it wasn't easier after they lifted it. Still took extreme amounts of grind or 8 months of steady farming. 800 raid bosses and M+ and all emissaries so to speak.

And I already told you how vendor works. There is option to buy specific piece so do not speak about non existent RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    Now it's not the case. New expac comes out and you lose A LOT while gaining nothing in return. Legion taken away legendary items, artifact power and the thing from 7.3, the crucible or something. BFA will take away essences, hearth of azeroth, azerite armor pieces and corruptions. That's even worse than what Legion took. Some specs derive half their damage from correct azerite trait procs alone.

Well, if it's that bad again ill just unsub until 9.3 for the third time. Skipped most of legion, skipped most of BFA. I can't stand this anymore and im only returing for "full version" of WoW where my char has access to all those dumb systems that make it actually fun to play.
    That's not even close to legion dude. If I unequip every single piece you mentioned, my hunter will play almost exactly the same as with them.
    My warlock will just stop using implosion on single target and that's it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would i quit the game over one system that's going away next expansion? That's straight stupid.
    Why are you complaining about the game over one system that's going away next expansion? That's straight stupid.

Just quit until its gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

1. azerite armor
    3. corrupted gear.

THAT'S THE ISSUE!

You’re probably the only person (and a few others) that actually understands the gearing problem when mechanics and passives are tied to gear. The transition from WOD to legion was fine, then that’s when shit went down. We lost mechanics, abilities and tons of passives that some people find unnoticeable, but it really shows.

You’re probably the only person (and a few others) that actually understands the gearing problem when mechanics and passives are tied to gear. The transition from WOD to legion was fine, then that’s when shit went down. We lost mechanics, abilities and tons of passives that some people find unnoticeable, but it really shows.
    To be fair, thats what MOST people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair, thats what MOST people are saying.
    They are, but most people just shrug it off as, "It's a new expansion, we're losing end game gear and replacing it with greens and blues, so it's just business as usual".

Nobody understands (well, some apparently) that artifact weapons, legiondaries, and tier sets had an impact on your character, rather than just stats. Stripping those away practically left your character a hollow shell of its former self.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2020-06-10 at 11:16 PM.

They are, but most people just shrug it off as, "It's a new expansion, we're losing end game gear and replacing it with greens and blues, so it's just business as usual".

Nobody understands (well, some apparently) that artifact weapons, legiondaries, and tier sets had an impact on your character, rather than just stats. Stripping those away practically left your character a hollow shell of its former self.
    But they have not had the level of impact on output that we are seeing from corruptions in particular, so i think things will be worse than ever. Tier sets and Legos generally continued to be beneficial until mid way through the leveling experience, giving those with them a large advantage in those earlier levels. I am unsure, but i doubt that is the case this time around. Maybe im wrong, i have not done any research, i assume the moment the prepatch hits we lose all corruption effects at least.