Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raden Weapon - MIA?

Has anyone else not seen a single raden weapon drop this expansion? I haven't gotten into Mythic as i'm a casual, but I've done heroic every week and double rolled every week since my guild could clear it which is I think 10-15 kills now so 20-30 rolls, I've yet to get a Raden weapon on my main...

Meanwhile I see people with 4 or 5 on their account with half the kills I have on my main... It's actually making me not want to play my DH because of how bullshit this RNG system is.. Still waiting on a Torment to drop too o.O

Loot is rng, and has been since vanilla. You get furious about that now?

I have two raden weapons, and one of my guildies that started 4 weeks again got 2. While our shaman have not gotten his second in what, 5 months. Lots of torments though.

Loot rng can suck, sure. I never got MoB or Deathbringers Will for instance. When I raided in Karazhan I had a blue bow for 6 months before finally getting one from Vashj later on. You know when it dropped all 3 ranged weps in Kara? The one raid I didnt attend to. So yeah, loot can suck, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    It's actually making me not want to play my DH because of how bullshit this RNG system is
    ...this RNG system. Loot drops? That's a staple of the game and the genre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Obviously I know about RNG, I've played since TBC, I've just never experienced it this bad, especially when it's for an item that is such a huge upgrade and is almost mandatory for the spec I play

- - - Updated - - -

My crying worked, the weekly 4 mythic dungeon reward quest gave me the weapon. Lol.

Obviously I know about RNG, I've played since TBC, I've just never experienced it this bad
    I'm not sure you know how RNG works, then. Because randomly not getting something even after a lot of tries is... exactly what it means.

What, exactly, is the point you're trying to make? That RNG is not working correctly for that weapon? Or are you simply commiserating with others who share in your bad luck?

Obviously I know about RNG, I've played since TBC, I've just never experienced it this bad, especially when it's for an item that is such a huge upgrade and is almost mandatory for the spec I play

- - - Updated - - -

My crying worked, the weekly 4 mythic dungeon reward quest gave me the weapon. Lol.
    It always work, grats!

And if you have never seen this bad luck since TBC, lucky you! :P
    (Just a bit of banter :- )

Grats again, awesome wep!

It's one of the magic perks of not being able to distribute out loot in premade groups, you just gotta fucking hope

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    It's one of the magic perks of not being able to distribute out loot in premade groups, you just gotta fucking hope
    Yes, previously we had master looting. And let's be honest, you'd have your item by now if master looting was still a thing. I know, I know I don't know that for a fact - but anecdotally it seemed rare with master loot to not have something after 15-20 weeks of clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Yes, previously we had master looting. And let's be honest, you'd have your item by now if master looting was still a thing. I know, I know I don't know that for a fact - but anecdotally it seemed rare with master loot to not have something after 15-20 weeks of clearing.
    Ofc we technically "don't" but personal loot only rolls into the pool of items you can get. So if you don't have like other rogues or DH in your group you're practically fucked in that regard

15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to upgrade my herb picker's weapon, and noticed Ra'den drops a sweet upgrade. I queued up for it and it dropped right away. Then when my main needs an upgrade, it takes weeks, if not months to get it drop. Like my hunter still has not seen a single ranged weapon drop from Ny'aloha, despite doing it every week on 3 different difficulties. But pants and gloves, they drop from every third boss or chest I loot. And one shit trinket has dropped 10 times from a chest so far.

I really hope there will be some improvements to bad luck prevention in Shadowlands. The option to choose your weekly reward is a very nice start, but raids also need similar treatment.This boss dropped pants last time? Reroll the drop until it's something else than pants this time.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-06-11 at 02:02 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I am in the same situation. I actually got the weapon on our first heroic kill and bonus rolled the Vita too. Since then nothing drops except for the damn pet and only AP with the bonus rolls. I kill him every week sometimes twice just to burn the bonus rolls

Worst RNG I ever saw was Warmaster Blackhorn. Between 2 Hunters and a Shaman, we saw 1 pair of mail boots drop from him the entire time the instance was up. Our Shaman never got them as the 1 time they dropped happened to be the 1 day he missed out of a year of raiding.

My main is a DH. Im currently over 15 kills and at least a dozen coins. 1st one dropped the first week in heroic but I havent seen one since...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the first Ra-den weapon that dropped on heroic. was our second kill, back in Feb. Hasn't dropped since. It sits in my off-hand cause the very next week I got the TD warglaive at 475, socket, and T2 TD.

Also, the DH is no longer my main... swapped to BM hunter for ranged and got the Mythic Bow with socket... on bonus roll. it has yet to drop for our other hunters, but I get it every week so I give it to them as needed.

Meanwhile, I have yet to see the belt from Nzoth... been killing him for months, no belt.

This isn't a brag... It is an example of how RNG is RNG. some people have suffered worse under it, some have benefited, and for about 60% of people it is basically equal pain/pleasure. Just a guess on the % though.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Has anyone else not seen a single raden weapon drop this expansion? I haven't gotten into Mythic as i'm a casual, but I've done heroic every week and double rolled every week since my guild could clear it which is I think 10-15 kills now so 20-30 rolls, I've yet to get a Raden weapon on my main...

Meanwhile I see people with 4 or 5 on their account with half the kills I have on my main... It's actually making me not want to play my DH because of how bullshit this RNG system is.. Still waiting on a Torment to drop too o.O
    They don't exist at all. More likely to see invincible drop than see them.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    ...this RNG system. Loot drops? That's a staple of the game and the genre...
    No the RNG system isn't great. The bastardized form it currently exists in leads to more complaining posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    Ofc we technically "don't" but personal loot only rolls into the pool of items you can get. So if you don't have like other rogues or DH in your group you're practically fucked in that regard
    Plenty of drops I never got (or saw drop) back when we still had ML. Random loot is random.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Never seen wooshulays trinket drop the entire tier. About 25/27 kills with no drops. I did get lei shen trinket on our first kill lol.

Also, my first demon hunter got one piece of twin blades the first week and the off hand the third week from release of the demon hunters. Rng is rng. Experience it all my dude. You will eventually lol.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2020-06-13 at 02:22 AM.

Another thing to keep in mind that loot might not necessary have equal weight to drop, even with personal loot. Prior to personal loot, things like weapons and trinkets had much lower drop rates than other items that would drop off the bosses. This was due to Blizz wanting things like trinkets and weapons to feel rarer and more exciting when they dropped. I wouldn't doubt if this method of non-uniform drop rates still happens with personal loot, as the principle is still the same... it's just harder to prove since there's no ML anymore.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Back in the days our Rogue didnt get the dagger from Megaera in Throne of Thunder HC and now our Warrior didnt get the 2hand Sword from Nzoth for like 3+ month and i got it in the chest on the first kill. RNG is RNG.