Poll: Would you?

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

If blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop

What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop? Like unlike the store helmets these are entire armor sets. Maybe even weapons and enchants. I'd instantly throw my money at the screen. Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.

Yes/No?

Edit: I didn't mean selling sets already in the game but brand new ones like the one in the shadowlands preorder
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-06-11 at 02:40 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

I have never and will never spend anything on the shop. The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have never and will never spend anything on the shop. The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    Because running the same raid over and over again with a weekly lockout for a 0.1% drop chance is so much fun...
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.
    No, this is an MMO being time consuming is part of the genre. You do not get to buy yourself special rewards for no reason. Pick up a class guide and play the game if you want its rewards. You shouldn't be thrown amazing looking gear at level 1 because you're willing to dump cash on it. Furthermore this will only incentivize Blizzard to put the best looking sets in the game on the cash shop (kind of like they do with mounts) as if those sets do not stand out they will not sell, thus depriving the actual content of a good reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop? Like unlike the store helmets these are entire armor sets. Maybe even weapons and enchants. I'd instantly throw my money at the screen. Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.

Yes/No?

100% agreed! I a lot have more money than time and would totally buy full on sets.

I would love to look while I enjoy the game without having to have weird off color pieces.

#Cashshop+

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because running the same raid over and over again with a weekly lockout for a 0.1% drop chance is so much fun...
    Buying a Tmog set with real money and walking around town because you're still ass at the game (as you said) sounds much less fun than actually doing the content. People like you, with this mentality, truly are ruining not just this video game but all video games.

I really don't think this genre is for you. Go play something like OSRS and then you can complain
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    No, this is an MMO being time consuming is part of the genre. You do not get to buy yourself special rewards for no reason. Pick up a class guide and play the game if you want its rewards. You shouldn't be thrown amazing looking gear at level 1 because you're willing to dump cash on it. Furthermore this will only incentivize Blizzard to put the best looking sets in the game on the cash shop (kind of like they do with mounts) as if those sets do not stand out they will not sell, thus depriving the actual content of a good reward.
    Where in the rule books does it say that Mmo’s have to be time consuming ?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    It's a hallmark of the genre, you grind to get better rewards thats how every MMO has worked since well forever. Where in the rulebooks does it say FPS games need to have quick/skillful gunplay? Where does it say that RPG's need to have classes? Things are done this way because it makes those genres of games better. If you don't think so go make a game that breaks this formula and let me know how successful it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    The RPG part of MMORPG.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I'm honestly fine with mounts and certain small transmog stuff being sold at the shop.
    FFXIV does the very same thing with a sub model, yet I don't see half the amount of shit directed towards them as is directed against Blizzard for essentially the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Buying a Tmog set with real money and walking around town because you're still ass at the game (as you said) sounds much less fun than actually doing the content. People like you, with this mentality, truly are ruining not just this video game but all video games.
    Imagine getting upset over how other people choose to play the game lmao that elitist purist attitude is what's killing the genre

I already kick people out of my group with the helm transmog my booting skills would just climb higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Imagine getting upset over how other people choose to play the game lmao that elitist purist attitude is what's killing the genre
    People buying cashshop items in a sub game degrade it for everyone...

You can tell when a mount is going to be earned in game and when it is going to be sold via quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    WoW Token.

No from me, i already pay however i would like more content with rewards such as transmogs. legion sets were amazing and since uldir, its not been for me so id like to have something to do that is not RNG based.

If they were conceptually relevant to characters I play? Absolutely.

Looking good and within concept is job 1. Everything else is secondary.

Cosmetic concepts are not competitive if they are flexible, and personal expression overrules all.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-06-11 at 12:07 AM.

it works well for swtor

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they sold a transmog set with Shadowlands, so as long as they're just selling one unique set every now and then I really wouldn't mind. Selling appearances of tier / season / etc sets though? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by protpaul View Post
    I already kick people out of my group with the helm transmog my booting skills would just climb higher.
    I would laugh so hard if I got kicked out of a group because someone was offended that I bought a helm transmog several years ago.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    playing the game is not buying items obtainable in game with real money and then rp walking around town. Everytime blizzard has artists and coders working on something not obtainable in the playable game it takes away from something they could have been putting in the game. Ill stop you before you say youre only talking about sets that are already in the game because everyone knows it doesnt stop there

If we had that instead of the subscription, yeah, sure, why not. If they try to introduce that while keeping the sub, i will personally fly to their HQ and fuck the Thrall statue in front of it in a way that will force them to melt it down and throw the scraps in the sea.