5+ Year Old Account
    blood elves should just be renamed high elves

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Why when they themselves re-named themselves Blood Elves in honor of their fallen at the hands of the Scourge? It would be a disservice to that homage. "Ok, let's go back to being High Elves for... reasons (!?!? oh, right, because butt hurt Horde can't stomach the thought High Elves originally belonged to the Alliance), we've honored our fallen brethren long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And like i said, nothing is enough for you
    Actual evidence that actually proves what you're trying to claim is enough. "They've gone through a transformation" is not enough evidence, especially when you defend that blood elf demon hunters are not a "new race" despite also going through a transformation.

Generations have passed, with so few survivors, this is highly likely
    How do you know that there were "few survivors"? That's one more assertion of yours without evidence.

you are much angry at someone supposed falsehoods friend, your "correct logics and facts" are debunked many times, you just don't want the bone away
    They're not "supposed", they are actual falsehoods. And "debunked"? Empty claims with zero evidence don't debunk anything.

void elves didn't just lost an arm, the ritual changed and mutated their entire body, creating a new race, but go on and keep believe in your falsehoods
    I'm just baffled how you can hang onto such a claim without a single shred of evidence of them being an actual new race. You don't have anything to support your claim. No VE children, no developer commentary... and worse: your own position regarding blood elf demon hunters not being a new race goes completely against your claim, here.

and you can prove this transformation simple turn their skin purple in a cosmetic sense, when we have literally canon sources saying they indeed transformed their bodies entirely, only their minds and souls leafing of the original?
    Where are those canon sources? I've yet to see anything that say their bodies were transformed to the point of making them an "actual new race". And as for me evidencing my own claims, I've done that already, several times: the pink skin options for void elves coming in with Shadowlands highly suggests that "purple skin" is just purely cosmetic.

is completely relevant, you start this show, you are "angry" at my "falsehoods" and you want the final answer on this
    Funny how you completely removed the actual argument in that paragraph, and address something completely immaterial to the actual argument presented. But don't worry. In case you missed it, I'll repeat it, word for word:

"Me having quoted you first or not is irrelevant. You're the one complaining that this discussion is happening and acting as if I'm "forcing" you reply to my posts, "forcing" you to keep the conversation going. The fact is: even if I wanted to "force" you to do all that, I simply cannot. I have no way of forcing you to continue this. You continuing this argument is by your own free will. So you either cut your losses and walk away, or suck it up and continue."

i always acknowledge pandarens as exception of the rule,https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52403855

its just your nitpicking showing off again
    No, it's not nitpicking. It's you trying to handwave evidence that counters your claims. You said: "there is not a single example". And I've shown you the "single example" that debunks your claim.

and even pandaren, the same race in different factions, they are not considered "different playable races" like you implied they would do with high elves, and your argument falls apart
    And now you're moving the goalposts again, as that was not part of your initial claim. But also... aren't you the guys who keep saying that "blood elves are high elves", so would that, by your logic, also make "not different races" and therefore further fit into the pandaren equivalence?

Oh wow this thread is so close to 1k pages!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Dreamgrove
    I mean whatever you wanna call this style if not druidic, it's still pretty evident Night Elves have a very idiosyncratic architectural style It's pretty apparent that the Kaldorei moved from the imperial aesthetics of Aszhara's reign to a more, well, druidic, aesthetic. As you can pretty much see in every night elf settlement that is not a ruin, or Darnassus. -which kinda points to the temple being a throwback-

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Helf haters are still here? Why? What are they trying to prove now?
    I think it's more blood elf players with this train of thought.:

Void elves as well as having their own features that make them unique are also getting pretty much all blood elf features with it. So why not give blood elves unique features exclusive to them too.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    As much as taking "blood elf" name was a bit forced and ridiculous, changing it now will make similar effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Void elves as well as having their own features that make them unique are also getting pretty much all blood elf features with it. So why not give blood elves unique features exclusive to them too.
    Yes. Blood elf players are asking for more, as they deserve more. Currently, void elves have cooler story.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

I'm pretty sure Blood Elves get actual facial hair on the males that was a Void Elf customization while also getting new haircuts and body customization (jewelry, maybe more). I doubt VE will get the Blood Elf haircuts and jewelry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    As much as taking "blood elf" name was a bit forced and ridiculous, changing it now will make similar effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Blood elf players are asking for more, as they deserve more. Currently, void elves have cooler story.
    Blood Elves can't have a cool story when they have to be the blind followers of each psycho genocidal Warchief for 2/3 of an expansion. Or with the leadership of someone like Lor'themar and friends. Liadrin has been portrayed as a lying wh*re as well. Also with Nightborne in the Horde, a race with a very similar aesthetic, there's a chance that screentime that could be delivered to BEs was actually shared to the Nightborne. Arrogant magic elf race there, arrogant magic elf race here.

What BEs need is Kael'thas putting everyone to their place but that won't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actual evidence that actually proves what you're trying to claim is enough.
    there is actual evidence that you like to disregard
    How do you know that there were "few survivors"? That's one more assertion of yours without evidence.
    only the Thornspeakers joined kul'tirans, how that is not few survivors?

and with Ulfar quotes:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ulfar#Quotes

look at that, it actually confirm that the playable kul'tirans are indeed descendants of the drust of old, my my

I'm just baffled how you can hang onto such a claim without a single shred of evidence of them being an actual new race

and still baffles me how you with a straight face, always ignore and say the evidences simple doesn't work, or are not enough, is always like that
    "Me having quoted you first or not is irrelevant. [B]
    is entirely relevant since you start this mess

No, it's not nitpicking. It's you trying to handwave evidence that counters your claims. You said: "there is not a single example". And I've shown you the "single example" that debunks your claim.
    i said myself there is an exception of it, you are the one ignoring that i had acknowledge that and keep bringing up like i didn't knew about then and so my argument don't work

And now you're moving the goalposts again, as that was not part of your initial claim.
    its part of your claim, that completely broke your "logic" of "playable races and "actual races, that you made yourself and think its the right one, are different someway somehow
    But also... aren't you the guys who keep saying that "blood elves are high elves", so would that, by your logic, also make "not different races" and therefore further fit into the pandaren equivalence?
    you are making no sense, you said they are different "races" in your arbitrary and biased denomination, because is how blizzard do, and yet, its not true with pandarens, so, you are wrong in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Dreamgrove
    Indeed, and what is dreamgrove? A druid centre, Val'sharah forest homes are all druid community, when you go there for the first time Malfurion directly tell you this is where the ngiht elf druids live - they are definitely night elves, but it's druidic night elf culture, just ike the Shen'dralar who were in Eldre'thalas are Highborne night elf culture or the Farondis and Nightborne of Azsuna and Suramar. While there is a Temple of Elune there and Gilnean settlers, they both seem to be recently arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And that's the right way to see it!

I mean, I was amazed by Starfall in Warcraft 3. They lived in the woods? Sure, but that's hardly relevant when it comes to traits and what kind of people they are.
    And like you say, even Druids, nature itself uses arcane magic.

When Legion came, and we started in Suramar, I changed my mage into a Night Elf and transmogged it into Night Elf/Nightborne like transmog. Because that's how much Suramar reminded me of Night Elves. I couldn't stand the Night Elf casting animation though so changed back after a year when we went over to Antorus :P

But still, Suramar and the story behind Night Elves just made me change like that because it reminded me of the actual old awesome Night Elf lore.
    Same here, I had been pestering blizzard to do a night elf pre-sundering city in a non-ruined state for AGES.. I had wanted them to have the night elves repair a proper city, they described the pre-sundering civilization as wondrous, and while I love the forests and still do, I badly wanted to see other aspects of the night elves that were spoken about and availble.

We saw the Shen'dralar in 1.1 and 4.0, but blizzard didn't do anything special in terms of assets, they only rebuilt orgrimmar and Stormwind, didn't modify any other city much just changes necessary to make flying possible, that was a disappointment.

So when I finally saw Suramar, I was so excited, it ewas amazing and t fit the descriptions in the lore, finally a pristine night elf city that fit the description.. Even though the nightborne lived there, it was obvious they were a night elf sub-race, because their entire existence was kaldorei arcane community, the exact same as the Shen'drlar, they only looked different because of theri unique experienec under the shield. that was obvoius.

I knew this was the visualisation of the kaldorei civilization, that Eldre'thalas and Zin'Azshari and many others would have been like, as described in WotA ancients, - but the horde fans, omg, because the Nightborne went horde, they feel it's got nothing to do with the night elves, they are so insistent that night elves shouldn't live in a city like Suramar or Zin'Azshari, because the Darnassians went through the long vigil - (as if it is isn't over) and as if Night elvs can only be one thing only, as if the lore didn't give them a strong arcane connection and lore, in addition to a strong druidic one and made their Elune religion quite a part of their story - that's 3 already, they also carved out for them edgey demon hunters - Night elves abusing fel for noble ends, to entirely wipe out the evil of the legion and save their world, yet embrcing this evil.

They are elven through and through, they have high magic, and nature magic, religion and edginess - all the payable ones dispalying the level of honourable right action the most famous group are notorious, so it's no surprse when the Shen'drlaar join them, they do so free of addiction and demonic corruption, ready to embrace the original destiny.

You should see the arguments rages on many topic, but the last rounds actually kick off here:
    Highborne customizations for the Night Elves (NOT High Elves)

Here they come on arguing that night elves aren't Highborne (rolleyes) or shouldn't get a highborne customisation - that look is on the horde they say, so night elves shouldn't get it, Mace and I along with a few others ofc challenge that there, though it gets a bit out of hand detracting from the topic, which the OP Astranea doesn't like because it was really about creative ways a Highborne customisation could look and the argument was spoiling the thread, so Mace makes a central topic to discuss it: below.

Night Elves, Magic & the Arcane - Common Misconceptions & Things You Didn't Consider
    Full of the horde crowd in complete denial - the topic has somewhat divulged into an argument over whether the night elves should have Suramar or not, as a spill over from another topic - where the main argument from the horde fans is that night elves are unable to live in a place like Suramar, which they have no right to apparently and would never want to - for all sorts of minor reasons that seem sensible at first, especially if eloquently put, but if you know the night elf lore and race well you'd know aren't real or good reasons at all, I know are not insurmountable nor are they real evidence to say night elves can't. Also lots of confusion about the identity of the race, one poster, Tuor, reserves the term night elf to mean the faction only, so other night elves aren't night elves, they're kaldorei - Iw as so shocked, trying to explain to him that night elf is just the common term for the race, it's not the title of the faction any longer (it may have been in WC3 when we knew of only one night elf group, so the two were interchangeable - but from classic onwards, with Cenarion night elves, DH night elves, Shen'dralar night elves - it changed). night elf is race, you can refer to the alliance faction as Darnassians based on the language the city is named after. He wasn't convinced.

Then look at Rhlor above thinking night elven city should have tree homes..seriously? In the lore and game so far, only druids live in the tree homes, when blizzard did homes and a city for the Night elves, in Darnassus, it was pre-sundering temple and buildings restored for the most part, and while the trader houses were wood, they weren't tree homes, the druid building was, but then druids weren't "living in Darnassus" , most were out in the forest, which is where druids are. However priests definitely prefer temples, and night elves are peole, if you're not a druid, and you're a night elf that lived in a wondrous civilization you greatly loved (some try to argue night elves hated their civilization - wrong again, you don't grieve crazily something you hate, whose loss drives you to a 10k year long military watch campaign or drives you to the level of sacrifice it takes to be a demon hunter - also it's a blind observation, clearly the night elves HATED the Legion and hated the abuse of magic and arrogance of the Highborne group that brought the legion, not actually magic itself or civilization - magic itself is banned not cos of hate but because they believed using it would bring the Legion back which = end of world again - so it's banned, and when legion come back anyway, they stop suppressing it, furthermore, also when the military period of constant watch and guarding ends, the first thing they do on Teldrassil is build a city - this is not a race that hates civilization and magic and it's got a very good reason in the lore as to why that group did not use either for 10k years, while the lore showing us other groups of night elves like the Shen'drlaar in Eldre'thalas, the Nightborne in Suramar and the Moonguard in their stronghold continued with both magic and civilization and still do today - they're night elven too)

"Used to live". Alright. Show me where it says that the Huojin and Tushui pandaren are not amicable toward one-another again, in the Wandering Isle or anywhere else. Because I recall Aysa Cloudsinger saying this to Ji Firepaw during the Siege of Orgrimmar instance:
    "Ji, I am so sorry, we can be together now, please, let us just go back to the turtle, please do not die."
    You are so wrong on so many levels lad. You're mixing different stuff all the time and again lying. When did I talk about the Pandaren of being amicable? I didn’t. It is irrelevant and doesn’t add any valid argument to the fact that the think of themselves as separately gropus, and thus, different groups, and therefore, they use different names.

What is the correlation between the Pandaren of the Wandering Island being "amicable" to each other and the fact that they call both of the groups -Huojin and Tushui- differently because they want to differentiate both groups? Like, what's the link there? Your argumentation makes zero sense, don’t you realize? How can you be this dense?

They fight and kill each other as they are in different factions. But sure, both groups best buddies -this is an hyperbole, as it seems everything has to be explained to you-. That both of the leaders are friends doesn't make necessarily both groups "amicable" to each other as you are asserting and it isn't by any means an argument to defend your thesis of the Pandaren groups not differentiating themselves from each other, using for that, for example, different names. When they clearly do as it is stated in the game -just check the moment you have to choose a faction or the reputation box texts, as I already pointed out-.

I do. You're the one missing the forest for the trees. Several times I've mentioned about how the blood elves rebranded their race.
    And thus you are being dishonest, as you keep changing what you defended in the first place. You say X, I show you that such affirmation is wrong, and then you say you said other thing or just ignore it. Then I quote yourself and you show you what you said in the first place. And you got the nerves to call me liar. Pathetic.

Also... RENAMED, not REBRANDED. And again, why do you keep bringing irrelevant or trivial stuff which have no relation to what you are quoting? It was already clarified. Two different groups of two different races. Each of those groups choose a different name due to their differences. Period. The pragmatical function here in the use of the names is exactly the same.

So, for you, if someone misunderstands your questions, they are a liar? Got it.
    You are a liar when you say something and then, in your next post, you deny saying that thing. Pretty simple if you ask me. What a normal person who misunderstands a question for whatever reason would do is to be polite and say "sorry, I didn't understand the question, it was a misunderstanding". But you rather keep jumping and making senseless connections to prove Zeus knows what. Oh, yes, nothing.

Yikes.
    Nothing better to say? Just like a little kid. You tried to be backed up by other people like a coward when you had no arguments left and now everything you got is "yikes". So witty.

You ignoring my arguments and examples does not mean they do not exist. I've already explained how you lied and misrepresented me when you accused me of not calling the pandaren and mag'har orcs by their names.
    Again, for the third time or so already, learn to read. Firstly, where did I say that you don’t call the Mag’har Orcs by their name? Quote the post where I said exactly that. You didn’t do it already and won’t because as I pointed you in the last post who I actually did what you don’t, quote and bring an example of you lying, and there you can see I didn’t say that. I used the Mag’har as an example of naming different groups of the same race because of the differences between each group, didn’t say a thing about how you call or don’t call the Mag’har. Again, learn to read. You got zero reading skills.

Secondly, regarding the Pandaren, my thesis has always been that the naming for the Pandaren and the Thalassian Elves has the same pragmatical function of differentiating themselves from the other group of their races. Not a hard thesis to understand, as there is no much to discuss about it. You said it doesn’t work like that, because those are different cases, because one of the races renamed their own race. I didn’t deny any of those point ever. You can quote me if I did. Still, this doesn’t affect the fact that in linguistical and pragmatical terms, the naming of the different groups here are based on common ground and works exactly the same, following a motive of these groups wanting to differentiate themselves from each other. If you call High Elves and Blood Elves differently because of their differences, then you should call the Huojin and the Tushui Pandaren differently too.

You kept saying you yourself admitted calling them the way “the game calls them”. I asked you what you meant with that expression. Your explanation for that was you saying that you call them Pandaren, and just Pandaren, because the quest givers call them just Pandaren. Absolute terms, no differentiation. You also used the example of the reputation box texts “calling” the Silver Covenant members High Elves. Then I pointed you that the Pandaren groups are also called differently in-game by their reputations and box texts: there are different names and explain their differences, and by those standards -your own stated standards-, you were wrong. You already stated the importance of the reputation box text and the content there as a motive to call them one way or another.

There’s explicitly the mistake in your argumentation, saying first one thing and then doing the other, because the “game calls them” Huojin and Tushui Pandaren. Those are your own words as I pointed you while quoting you.

You didn't give a single valid argument as you couldn't prove any of them. And I gave you enough reasons of why they didn't work. You still didn't quote any example of me “lying”. You can repeat that I lied, but that won’t make it a valid argument or a reality. Sorry. Sayin “read above” or “I already show you” when you didn’t as it is published here and it is easy to follow each post doesn’t work. Sorry again.

About the "assuming those misrepresentations are facts”, you still didn’t give me any examples of me doing that. I didn’t misrepresent anything. I read each of your words, and what you wrote is all there. You said what you said. And what you said is written here and that’s a fact, want it or not.

Says the guy who apparently does not know the difference between misunderstanding and an actual lie.
    For your illustration -> Lie: “something that you say or write that you know is not true”. So, you are lying when you say that I said things I explicitly didn't as you can see and read in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is actual evidence that you like to disregard
    There is none that confirms your claims, and all that you have presented so far are too vague to be conclusive evidence of anything. If you want to prove a specific thing is one way, and not the other, you need to show evidence that prove that specific thing.

only the Thornspeakers joined kul'tirans, how that is not few survivors?

and with Ulfar quotes:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ulfar#Quotes

look at that, it actually confirm that the playable kul'tirans are indeed descendants of the drust of old, my my
    Re-read what he said:

"We Thornspeakers joined Kul Tiran society. Some of their descendants heard the call of the wilds and wished to learn the ancient ways, and so we have taught them."

"We" refers to the Thornspeakers. However, when he speaks of the 'descendants', he uses the word "their", implying that they are not the descendants of the Thornspeaker drust. If those descendants were indeed from the Thornspeaker drust, Ulfar would refer to them as "our" descendants.

Reading comprehension, my dude. It helps.

and still baffles me how you with a straight face, always ignore and say the evidences simple doesn't work, or are not enough, is always like that
    Here's the thing, though: I don't "ignore" or, like you, just simply "say it doesn't work". I explain why. This is a perfect analogy to your claims:

You: "Julian is not home."
    Me: "How do you know that?"
    You: "He's not answering his phone."
    Me: "So? That doesn't mean he's not home. He could be sleeping. Or in the bathroom. Or didn't hear the phone because he's gaming. Or his phone is in the other side of his room."
    You: "No, he's not home."
    Me: "How can you know that for sure?"
    You: "Because he's not answering his phone."
    Me: "But I already explained to you how that doesn't mean he's not home."
    You: "Well, then prove your claims to me. Prove to me he is sleeping."

is entirely relevant since you start this mess
    No. No, it's not. Because me quoting you first does not "force" you in any way, shape or form to continue responding forever and ever.

i said myself there is an exception of it, you are the one ignoring that i had acknowledge that and keep bringing up like i didn't knew about then and so my argument don't work
    That's not how it works. "Exceptions" don't work when you're making claims that "not a single event exists". The keyword there is "single", which completely eliminates any sort of possible leeway you could have to dismiss examples that counter your claim as 'exception'.

its part of your claim, that completely broke your "logic" of "playable races and "actual races, that you made yourself and think its the right one, are different someway somehow
    Again, you're moving the goalposts. You made the claim "there is not a single example of 'same race' in the game", and the answer to that claim is a resounding, objective "no", thanks to the pandaren.

you are making no sense, you said they are different "races" in your arbitrary and biased denomination, because is how blizzard do, and yet, its not true with pandarens, so, you are wrong in the end.
    Here's the thing: it's not "biased" when we have sufficient evidence that "playable races" do not follow the traditional, real life definition of "race", evidenced by pandaren, worgen, demon hunters, and likely kul tirans and void elves.

...Why has the NightElf/Nightborne thread migrated over here? This is the High Elf thread.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    You are so wrong on so many levels lad. You're mixing different stuff all the time and again lying. When did I talk about the Pandaren of being amicable? I didn’t.
    I wrote: "Their groups live peacefully and amicably on the Wandering Isle, to the point of Aysa and Ji being friends."
    You replied: "*Used to live."

What else can be taken from that? To me, that means you're saying that the Huojin and Tushui used to live peacefully and amicably. If that was not your intention, then do not blame me for your vague sentences.

And thus you are being dishonest, as you keep changing what you defended in the first place.
    I'm not being dishonest, and I'm not "changing what I'm defending". When you make an incorrect assumption, I correct you. The problem is that you're coming into this discussion so very late-- and I mean that literally: your first post in this thread dates May 27th, 2020-- without proper knowledge of the terms being used here, complaining about people using terms and definitions you don't agree with, when said terms and definitions have been used here for many months, if not years.
    You act like you've been part of this discussion for a long time, when you're not.

Also... RENAMED, not REBRANDED.
    And yet I'm the one "bringing irrelevant or trivial stuff".

You are a liar
    I'm not. Read above.

Nothing better to say? Just like a little kid.
    Insults? Noice~

You tried to be backed up by other people
    I did not.

Again, for the third time or so already, learn to read.
    You first.

For your illustration -> Lie: “something that you say or write that you know is not true”. So, you are lying when you say that I said things I explicitly didn't as you can see and read in my posts.
    So... you know the definition... and yet fail utterly to apply it correctly. Because it's not a lie and one is not lying when what they say is a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    ...Why has the NightElf/Nightborne thread migrated over here? This is the High Elf thread.
    Got to keep it churning somehow despite everyone more or less getting exactly what they wanted. Void Elves can now look like High Elves, Blood Elves get blue eye options. At this point it's just capriciousness keeping this thing as active as is. I suppose some people like to discuss their triumphs and exchange ideas in their excitement of the new customization options to come, and I guess that's all the thread needs to justify it still existing. It's definitely fostering more relevant discussion than the drivel that used to be regurgitated here on a daily basis now that certain parties are no longer active in the discussion, or derailing it, rather.

Its a 1000 pages long thread. So some side topics are bound to happen. And it is side topic, High Elves came from Night Elves. That there are some paralells isn't really so surprising.

Sorry! 999 pages! *Drum roll*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Why when they themselves re-named themselves Blood Elves in honor of their fallen at the hands of the Scourge? It would be a disservice to that homage. "Ok, let's go back to being High Elves for... reasons (!?!? oh, right, because butt hurt Horde can't stomach the thought High Elves originally belonged to the Alliance), we've honored our fallen brethren long enough!
    You can tell who actually likes Blood Elves for being Blood Elves and who just picked them for pretty race looks on Horde by comments like the one you quoted.

It's clear (always was) many people just play the race for its looks rather than actually wanting to uphold w/e identity it has within the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it matter? People talk about elves in elf-based threads - the horror!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Does it matter? People talk about elves in elf-based threads - the horror!
    Why would we speak about those disgusting creatures here? There can be no negotiation with abominations.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Idk from what I'm reading there doesn't exactly seem to be an end-goal. I'm waiting for more fan-art to be posted otherwise just quick-scrolling through the essays lol.
    Few more coming right up, these will finally be realized

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    You can tell who actually likes Blood Elves for being Blood Elves and who just picked them for pretty race looks on Horde by comments like the one you quoted.

It's clear (always was) many people just play the race for its looks rather than actually wanting to uphold w/e identity it has within the lore.
    I would wager that 9 of 10 players choose a character for their looks rather than lore

Its nice to see pale playable High Elves in the Alliance. And I wouldn't mind Blood Elves having their green eye color, only. Because to me thats what the Blood Elves are, and would like their identity to be(of course not only the eyes, but their whole story being Belves). Like Valeera. My favorite elf atm. Looks so good!

Blue eyes are for wussy elves! (Oh yeah, my Belf Hunter is getting those shiny blue eyes!)

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would we speak about those disgusting creatures here? There can be no negotiation with abominations.
    This kind of post reminds me of the other MMO-C poster who seems to hate elf focus in WoW but plays as an elf in any-game they can while also creating artwork of elves for their portrait.

Unsure on the validity of elf-based complaints from people like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would wager that 9 of 10 players choose a character for their looks rather than lore
    Yup, it's why even Syegfryed dodged my question if he'd like Ogres that looked like teletubbies! Virtually everyone picks a race based on looks and don't give a shiiiiet about its lore, very few do. So reading all those 'ah ha it was about looks all along!!' when Blizzard officially announced High Elves for both sides was simply hilarious.
    Its nice to see pale playable High Elves in the Alliance. And I wouldn't mind Blood Elves having their green eye color, only. Because to me thats what the Blood Elves are, and would like their identity to be(of course not only the eyes, but their whole story being Belves). Like Valeera. My favorite elf atm. Looks so good!

Blue eyes are for wussy elves! (Oh yeah, my Belf Hunter is getting those shiny blue eyes!)
    I can see the Valeera angle and some people do RP a Blood Elf being loyal to the Alliance, but I think Blizzard is going to limit green and gold eyes to Blood Elves.

I'm neutral on it, but if it were my choice I wouldn't have race/faction/class restrictions in place in an RPG as part of an RPG is making the exact character you want.