Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    And when we do. Boy oh boy are some people going to have "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    And when we do. Boy oh boy are some people going to have "fun".
    It's better to lose them on pre-patch, when we gain our new talents/rotations all in the same day. It was way worse with legion Legendaries because they let you have them until 115. If the borrowed power was shut off at 111 it wouldn't have gotten nearly as much hate as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    It's better to lose them on pre-patch, when we gain our new talents/rotations all in the same day. It was way worse with legion Legendaries because they let you have them until 115. If the borrowed power was shut off at 111 it wouldn't have gotten nearly as much hate as it did.
    But then they were clear about the whole process almost from the getgo in Legion. It's strange that we don't know anything about their plans with the azerite powers, necklace, essences and corruptions. This "silence" is the worst.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean... you even got a vendor now and still there is a problem?

U ppl.
    It's like teens first day at work, wait I can't become the manager tomorrow. I quit... Some people are just not born happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    Pretty sure I’ve already responded to this, but I’m sick of this garbage new buzz phrase people are using: borrowed power. People acting like it’s something that hasn’t been in the game since day 1.
    Quit trying to make this a thing like it’s some new issue in the game. It’s always existed since the beginning of dungeon sets onward. Move on and find some new made up problem to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty sure I’ve already responded to this, but I’m sick of this garbage new buzz phrase people are using: borrowed power. People acting like it’s something that hasn’t been in the game since day 1.
    I mean, it started in legion when most of your shit was tied to your artifact weapon and legiondaries.

All we lost before then were tier sets and high secondary stats.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I mean, it started in legion when most of your shit was tied to your artifact weapon and legiondaries.

Not really true. Remember when we lost talent trees? Also set items are always being replaced. Tying those things to legiondaries/azerite gear, essences, corruptions etc is simply another flavour of the same thing.

It's an unfortunate necessity of a game in which perpetual progression is necessary. Stuff needs to get pruned in order to prevent everything become too bloated. And it's 100% fine.

No, it started in vanilla from dungeon sets to raid sets. This is t something new like people want it to be to have a reason to bitch about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, it started in vanilla from dungeon sets to raid sets. This is t something new like people want it to be to have a reason to bitch about the game.
    I've never heard of borrowed power before legion, I guess i'm new to the forums?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But they have not had the level of impact on output that we are seeing from corruptions in particular, so i think things will be worse than ever. Tier sets and Legos generally continued to be beneficial until mid way through the leveling experience, giving those with them a large advantage in those earlier levels. I am unsure, but i doubt that is the case this time around. Maybe im wrong, i have not done any research, i assume the moment the prepatch hits we lose all corruption effects at least.
    Losing corruption and azerite armor is fine, all we're losing are random damage procs and buffs to your secondary stats.

Zero mechanical changes whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you are looking for something to 'fuck' this system, then Blizzard have provided such an entity.

A MOTHER 'fucker' if you wish.

Speak to MOTHER and your corruptions will be 'fucked'.

TLDR: You don't have to participate in the system.
    Yes I do.

I can be 10-20k dps lower than people at equal ilvl than me who have great corruptions. Or I can "participate" and be on par with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    Vanilla > Corruption
    Overall retail even with corruption > Vanilla
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Overall retail even with corruption > Vanilla
    Hehe, this!

/Strawberryicecream<3

In general, gear has become too powerful. We don't need rng corruptions, time gated legendary power creeps, azerite traits, etc. The game was at its peak popularity when there were two difficulties for a reason. You eventually got the gear to be on equal footing with anybody, and then it was a matter of how well you played your class which dictated where you eventually ended up, in terms of playing with others on your skill level. Small things such as hard mode Ulduar pieces with a few extra ilvls in a handful of slots is all that's necessary as a reward for being cutting edge.

The current state of the game, where at this point people can clear mythic Nya playing extremely suboptimally because they've been subbed and grinding since patch release and have the corruptions/gear to carry their performance as long as they follow mechanics shouldn't exist. For the upper tier of raiding, it ultimately doesn't matter THAT much because you can still determine how good someone actually is by reviewing logs for recruiting (but it's way less straight forward than it used to be), but for the mid tier that typically progress later in a patch cycle, you're definitely having a lot of superior players get shunned because of their lack of luck, or time spent in the current patch in the case of returning players, for those that have simply been paying their sub and playing. An example of this issue is comparing like two 475-480 fire mages. One can have excellent combust windows/timing, minimal wasted resources... but he will be boat raced by the the guy playing like shit with 8x masterful 3 amps, 86 corruption resist, and fully socketed gear from all the excess mementos he's accrued from the start of the patch.

I've never heard of borrowed power before legion, I guess i'm new to the forums?

- - - Updated - - -

Losing corruption and azerite armor is fine, all we're losing are random damage procs and buffs to your secondary stats.

Zero mechanical changes whatsoever.
    Maybe you’ve never heard of it before Legion because people chose to make it up around then. People talk about borrowed power and then point to weapons from Legion and then Azerite from BfA while flossing over tier sets from every version of the game, including Vanilla.
    Sorry, but it has always existed and nothing new except a new buzz phrase people made up to hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Every expansion has one garbage system. They do things to just make a change and most people hate it.
    Not true. Everyone expansion has AT LEAST one garbage system.

Legion has 1 core garbage system, but that garbage system allows me to join casual super chill easy emarald nightmare N/H raid within 30 minutes faster than LFR just to chill a wait for the orange to drop.

BFA has layers upon layers of shit system, a literal shit lasagna.

I love it, it's like the randomness of warforge/titanforge the elitests hates, except worse. Plus side is you can grind tokens to buy what randomness you need.

I miss titanforge, atleast then my high ilvl items were usually better and didn't have to deal with slows and increased damage.