Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Rivendare's Deathcharger, especially for the Alliance players.

I always liked forsaken's skeletal horse classic look which reminded me of DK hero unit from WC3. I'm not impressed by DK's mount we got in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    AQ Black Quiraji mount.

Considering there are 200 servers and it's 1 mount per server
    Eh, nah. It's 1 mount per Scarab Rod. Anyone who had the rod could ring the gong within a few hours of it's initial opening to get the mount. Furthermore, as new servers came out, a few servers bugged out and resetted the gong, ect, a LOT more ppl then just 200 got the Scarab. There was, in fact, a large number of opportunities to get the mount up till late BC, when Blizz made it to where the gates would be automatically open all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Also, this is the RNG prestige mount. It's freaking awesome too

0.03% drop chance, 1 chance per day for only 14 days a year. Sure, multiple characters help, but it's still the RNG god mount.

Doing the math.

The first "Love is in the Air" event occurred in 2006 for about 4 days. In 2010, the event was expanded to about two weeks. That's 156 total days. Using a binomial distribution x = 1 (P(X ≥ x)), the cummulative probability of getting it (on a single character) after doing the event every single day since the introduction in 2006 is 0.99136245057

Less than 1% if you did the event every single day since vanilla. I mean, that's hardcore RNG

Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-11 at 01:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cenarion Hippogryph. Whilst not the most prestigious, definitely the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Don't ever google "WoW TCG mount dupe" then for historical research. Ignorance is bliss.
    Even with the "prolific dupes" in the past - most of them remain exceedingly uncommon.
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-06-11 at 01:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anyone ride a Ghastly Charger in a year or so. I've seen more Spectral Tigers than them, yet I thought they are more rare. They are ground mounts too, so I'm unsure why people keep using them when they could fly instead. Feldrakes are also something I haven't seen other people ride this expansion. So those two are my top 2 favourites currently. I hate riding mounts that everyone else is riding too, so my favourites consist of mainly TCG mounts in general.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensea View Post
    I have only recently started collecting mounts. What in your opinion is the most iconic/rare and desirable mount obtainable today in this game? In your opinion.
    Starting out today the mount you’re looking for is the Swift Spectral Tiger going for about 20 million Gold.

Slightly below come the blue Spectral Tiger and the Magic Rooster.

After that all the other TCG mounts you can‘t get off the BMAH.

And then at roughly half the price of the Swift Spectral Tiger atm comes the mythic N‘Zoth Mount, and usually also the Sha of Anger Mount and the ZG Tiger, as well as the current Gladiator Mounts.
    Last edited by ws31bold; 2020-06-11 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo the level 500 Honor mount, as very very few ppl have it as of right now
    Level 500 Honor Achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    imo the level 500 Honor mount, as very very few ppl have it as of right now
    Level 500 Honor Achievement
    Most - if not all - people who have it got it on first day of the bfa prepatch. In 2-3 hours. Go figure the rest of it. Or don't and google "BfA honor exploit".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Even with the "prolific dupes" in the past - most of them remain exceedingly uncommon.
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts
    So how much prestige remains in a thing that can be and in fact was exploited? (Shadowmourne reward deathcharger cough cough) Numbers don't matter at that point imo. Not to mention how tcg cards weren't distributed in the whole world equally. USA had them for 50-100k in cata-mists. EU 300-400k+ Spectral tiger was 500-700k on EU, 120-150k US
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-11 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    So how much prestige remains in a thing that can be and in fact was exploited? (Shadowmourne reward deathcharger cough cough) Numbers don't matter at that point imo. Not to mention how tcg cards weren't distributed in the whole world equally. USA had them for 50-100k in cata-mists. EU 300-400k+ Spectral tiger was 500-700k on EU, 120-150k US
    If the exploit was fixed and no longer occurs (and that is my understanding), all that amounted to was essentially "extra printed cards".
    There is still a finite number of those mounts, which, like any other finite/removed mount, adds a level of prestige.

AQ bug prolly wins. Unobtainable though.

But how about Tyrael's Charger, though it's no longer available either. As retired mounts go there's no better looking one IMO.

I would just scratch unobtainables off the top of the list. Being removed hardly makes something prestigious.

Ultramarine qiraji battle tank would of course be my pick. Tol'vir archaeology is a nightmare grind *shudders*. I still haven't seen the sandstone drake recipe drop once, if it wasn't tradable it would outrank the ultramarine.

All Alliance horses are as prestigious as they can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Swift Zulian Tiger
    Right here. Don't @ me bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    No its not, you can get it off Black Market.
    And isn't it rare on the black market and also insanely expensive?

I got mine in 2009 and don't feel like it's lost value. Figure a small group of players have managed to pay for it, but you really don't see it that often anymore.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

3+ Year Old Account
    Classic Zul'Gurub tigers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most fun/rare : Swift Zulian Tiger
    Most Prestigous: Crusader's White/Black Warhorse

Rest is not that prestigious since you can buy everything nowadays.

Coolest? Subjective.

Most prestigious? Season 1-3 Gladiator Drakes, Spectral Tiger, Feldrake. Proud to say I have all 3 out of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Coolest? Subjective.

Most prestigious? Season 1-3 Gladiator Drakes, Spectral Tiger, Feldrake. Proud to say I have all 3 out of 5.
    Oh yeah Feldrake. I have that, someone listed it on the AH in WoD for 200k.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as an aside, it's super dumb that the Black and Plagued protos are the only Meta mounts you can't go back and get.

Obviously they changed their minds on this after Naxx 2.0 but really they should have made it retro to match literally every other Meta.

Prestige can also be added by the way a "less impressive" mount is obtained. In Cataclysm pre account wide mounts I managed to get the Aeonaxx drake on my level 70 which obviously wasn't intended / shouldn't be possible (I camped the rare forever then guild summoned a max level player to ride and kill it close to me) and it got a good chunk more attention / whispers than mims head and swift spectral.

Swift Zulian Tiger is definitely number 1 although I'm not quite sure why. Maybe the idea of having an original model saber/tiger on horde side.

Gladiator mounts are hit and miss based on the model. BC/Legion and Bfa mounts turn heads left and right. The other mounts not so much.

The spectral tigers are also a special case. At some point I had 12 or so in my bags but now you gotta be on top of the auction house food chain to even consider looking for a seller.

GM screw up wise there is also a death knight out there somewhere on the US realms with the Brutal Gladiator's Nether Drake.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2020-06-12 at 03:42 PM.