Thread: Merektha's Fang

Merektha's Fang

Hello, I don't raid but I do M+ with a group of my friends I just got a 470 Fang from my cache this week. I saw on some platforms that this thing is great while others are saying it's garbage. I'm one of the tanks of the group so I'm curious to know if this is great for Blood Deathknights, looks like an item that can really increase my dps in large packs.

It is absolutely amazing in M+. You hit EACH target with around 200-400k, depending on the ilvl of the trinket. This damage isnt decreased, like every other aoe-hitting trinket, as this one is a dot.
    Using it myself als blood - and heeeell, it rocks!

Does the channeling effect make you vulnerable or do you not even notice it?

You can move while channeling, but you cant use any other abilities. At least it didn't kill me once, yet.
    Have seen no drawbacks yet - parry/dodge is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You can move while channeling, but you cant use any other abilities. At least it didn't kill me once, yet.
    Have seen no drawbacks yet - parry/dodge is still possible.
    Just to explain: you can move only because you are a DK and cannot be slower to more that 70% thanks to death's advance passive. Normally merektha would apply 200% slow on you

Also, I doubt that you can parry or dodge during cast, as it is just a normal channel, not a e.g. blooddrinker.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=267402...us-venom-gland

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing, I only have a 465 one and it usually does around 10% of my total damage.
    Combine it with Strength of the Warden major for even more damage! (Use it after you have channeled the trinket)

Thanks for the input guys, I tried it out yesterday I was having a blast with it. This trinket combined with the perfect TD procs destroys packs.

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Just to explain: you can move only because you are a DK and cannot be slower to more that 70% thanks to death's advance passive. Normally merektha would apply 200% slow on you

Also, I doubt that you can parry or dodge during cast, as it is just a normal channel, not a e.g. blooddrinker.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=267402...us-venom-gland
    Would need to test it again then, but as of yet I didn't get more bad stuff than usual in the face while channeling it.