Poll: Would you?

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yes but only good transmog.for example class transmogs,weapon transmogs (example a very nice 2 hand sword human...etc) good transmogs,and always needed,for example a decent axe.

i thinkg about challenger weapons or sets.so,when will them back?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have never and will never spend anything on the shop. The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    It would be fine if they then also dropped the monthly sub...but with the sub token, fat chance of that I guess.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Some people are willing to spend money. Other are willing to spend time.

Grinding is fun for some, nut not for others. I remember hearing people complaining about the Headless Horseman, mount. Rivendare Mount. How they spend years grinding and still not receiving it. That they should deserve it because of the amount of time they devoted to it.

Yeah. It so much fun.

And how are they exactly ruining all video games? Because they play differently?

If anyone is ruined the video games, it is those people who cares about how other people enjoy their game and wants to change that.

- - - Updated - - -
    Paying for items is not playing the game, super nice try though really. Further, I don't want to dictate how people play the game only that the DO in fact play the game for the shit they have IN the game... big brain concept I know.

And you're ruining games by incentivizing companies like Blizzard to create amazing looking gear and content and then lock it behind a paywall then the items you get in-game all the sudden start looking more and more like garbage. Blizzard hasn't done this yet but go ahead and play any game that currently utilizes this model and you'll see they all do it (GW2, SWTOR, PUBg, ect ect. it's not genre-specific but the results are all the same)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    "A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game; abbreviated RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines."

There is no requirement on time.
    That process takes time, it's just inherent to telling a story. You're arguing in bad faith by saying that a story as expansive as Warcraft's, for instance, can be told via roleplay in any kind of rapid manner.

What are the most celebrated RPGs around and how long do they take to complete?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    It would be different if every game or mmo was doing it, but blizzard is the last standing with a sub fee... currently for 18$ CND I could get the xbox game pass with 400+ games and every triple A game they come out with owned by them day one. plus with my left over 10$ a month I could get the humble bundle monthly almost for another 10+ games.

Or I could buy the season pass in two of any games I want that come with an insane amount of cosmetics etc.

So it's not the money itself, and don't say im paying for servers ( which are horrible lately ) or to keep my character in their data base because almost every game I play does this without a sub fee.

All i'm saying is if they want to add a lot of stuff to the in game store, they need to drop the silly sub fee anyways
    Read the ToU. You pay your sub to access the game as is. That is all you're entitled so. There's even a clause in the ToU that states that Blizzard is not under any obligation to ever fix bugs or add new content. You pay for what there is. Acting like 50c a day for the sub and like 5c a day for the box over the life of an xpac entitles you to anything more is just that. Saying they have to give up the sub if they want stuff in the shop is nothing but entitlement. Walk into your McDonalds and tell them that they're selfish for having desserts for sale in addition to the meals. Have us pay for dessert or meals but not both you selfish dicks.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Walk into your McDonalds and tell them that they're selfish for having desserts for sale in addition to the meals. Have us pay for dessert or meals but not both you selfish dicks.
    That is not the same thing or even similar AT ALL. Its like Netflix, which obviously is a subscription service, adding movies, but you have to pay individually for them as well as the sub. Im not saying thats good or bad, but your analogy was an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That is not the same thing or even similar AT ALL. Its like Netflix, which obviously is a subscription service, adding movies, but you have to pay individually for them as well as the sub. Im not saying thats good or bad, but your analogy was an abomination.
    I doubt there's really a perfect analogy here. Yours is better, but I don't think it's sufficiently accurate, either. If WoW locked some of its zones behind paywalls in addition to the sub, your analogy would be perfect, but...

If I had to use your Netflix analogy, I'd say it's more like if Netflix had viewer rewards where by watching enough movies or something, you could unlock fun new interface color schemes and themes for the Netflix main page, or whatever. But in addition to that, you also have the option to buy other themes from some kind of online store page. There are themes and schemes that can only be bought with money, which is a bummer for theme collectors. But on the whole, your Netflix viewing experience is not objectively hampered by the fact that those themes are out of reach without money.

This analogy is also not excellent, mostly because I don't think it fully encompasses the issue, or can. But I'm hard-pressed to come up with a better one that's not making it look like Blizzard's doing something that they're really not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Right I never experienced that problem when I wore my Jewel of the Firelord and I used it in a transmog set for years. You're speaking about a minority group of trolls within the community and they aren't even worth considering in this discussion. Report and move on, nobody cares. The next dungeon group won't give a crap about what you're wearing if you're performing right.
    "I never experienced that, so it isn't an issue" is a really ignorant and stupid point of view, in case you weren't aware.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop?
    Sure, as long as they remove the sub entirely and go F2P.

WoW shouldn't be selling consmetics, or operating a cash shop at all, as long as they're charging for expansions on top of a sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    playing the game is not buying items obtainable in game with real money and then rp walking around town. Everytime blizzard has artists and coders working on something not obtainable in the playable game it takes away from something they could have been putting in the game. Ill stop you before you say youre only talking about sets that are already in the game because everyone knows it doesnt stop there
    Considering at that point people like him are supporting the game more then you, possibly even keeping the game relevant to investors so that you keep getting content instead of the game dieing off, why shouldn't we give people like him such options? If you really want to push it then I can still point out everything IS still obtainable purely by playing the game because the wow token exists, thus it is still open for you to earn through gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Imagine getting upset over how other people choose to play the game lmao that elitist purist attitude is what's killing the genre
    Cause this is a game you don't play by yourself. Zazuu's opinion isn't elitist by a long shot. Yours however is quite self centered and dismissive. I mean what would be fun about just buying gear in the store rather than actually working towards it by accomplishing some feat in a dungeon or raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop? Like unlike the store helmets these are entire armor sets. Maybe even weapons and enchants. I'd instantly throw my money at the screen. Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.

Yes/No?

Edit: I didn't mean selling sets already in the game but brand new ones like the one in the shadowlands preorder
    Buy wow tokens with $$, sell tokens for wow gold, use that gold to buy a boost. There you got the set with $$, but do you really have enough spare $$ hanging around?

They sell other xmogs in the shop already but entire sets? Nah. One of the few distinguishing things in the game is xmog so you shouldn't be able to buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How about this one, then? You call up your cable company and demand to be given the PPV and sports channels for free, because they're already charging you for the standard channels and asking more for special services is evil and greedy. OT: Are you capable of giving a measured answered or do you immediately jump into hyperbole like "abomination"?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How about this one, then? You call up your cable company and demand to be given the PPV and sports channels for free, because they're already charging you for the standard channels and asking more for special services is evil and greedy. OT: Are you capable of giving a measured answered or do you immediately jump into hyperbole like "abomination"?
    PPV has always been a part of the cable payment model, so yet again, you fail to deliver.

I think that people using the shop are garbage gamers.

Imagine getting upset over how other people choose to play the game lmao that elitist purist attitude is what's killing the genre
    Buying stuff instead of working for it NOT playing. Lmao that let me buy everything so i dont have to play the game dumb attitude is ruining the genre
    If you want to buy stuff for real life money mobile games are there for u.

I don't have a problem with it. If people want to have a stick up their ass about it then just make them recolors gg. Now all the special snowflakes can walk around peacocking their got-it-from-mythic xmog and others can just rock their store bought transmog.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I think that people using the shop are garbage gamers.
    Not only this but absolutely irresponsible with their money and entirely thoughtless.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine being so brain dead you'll spend $25 on a set of pixels. Could purchase a game off steam for that much and get a lot more out of it.

git gud, or envy those who are willing to