3+ Year Old Account

In Game Prices Question

So, since you will now be able to choose which expansion you choose for 1 to 50 leveling, will prices be adjusted, since, for example, currently the prices of stuff in BFA zones would be VERY high for a level 10 character compared to the current prices of stuff in Cata-Vanilla zones.

Vendor prices will probably utilize level scaling in one way or another. I do however, wonder how the player econemy is going to be, how world Transmog drops are gonna look like. There are definitely going to be currently unavailable stuff, that's gonna start dropping again. Some transmog pieces will drop hard in price.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    So, since you will now be able to choose which expansion you choose for 1 to 50 leveling, will prices be adjusted, since, for example, currently the prices of stuff in BFA zones would be VERY high for a level 10 character compared to the current prices of stuff in Cata-Vanilla zones.
    Prices of what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    There are definitely going to be currently unavailable stuff, that's gonna start dropping again.
    What exactly makes you think that will happen?

Scaling is a leveling mode that you will be able to enable for yourself. It won't be bringing any discontinued items to the game, at least there has not been any information poiting towards this happening and there's no logical reason to assume this.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Prices of what exactly?
    Well, everything. Perhaps exceptions on mounts, but stuff like crafting materials, etc, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    What exactly makes you think that will happen?

Scaling is a leveling mode that you will be able to enable for yourself. It won't be bringing any discontinued items to the game, at least there has not been any information poiting towards this happening and there's no logical reason to assume this.
    Because there are certain items that can only drop from certain mobs / types of mobs and from certain difficulties. Before level scaling, there were items that were absurdly hard to grind out around level 59-60, some straight up impossible because of level thresholds where there were no longer elites mob Y dropping item X anymore.

A good example is the basilisk mob in Stranglethorn vale, that dropped that rainbow sword. Used to be priced on Gold cap, because it was no longer available, and then along comes level scaling, and it was suddenly grindable again. I think it's name is Chromatic sword.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Prices of what exactly?
    uhhh innkeeper food/water?

- - - Updated - - -

A good example is the basilisk mob in Stranglethorn vale, that dropped that rainbow sword. Used to be priced on Gold cap, because it was no longer available, and then along comes level scaling, and it was suddenly grindable again. I think it's name is Chromatic sword.
    But wasn't that removed and then added back to the drop table or something? I feel like Blizz did something to its drop rate and it wasn't just because of level scaling.

I dunno https://www.wowhead.com/news=285703/...roth-pre-patch
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Because there are certain items that can only drop from certain mobs / types of mobs and from certain difficulties. Before level scaling, there were items that were absurdly hard to grind out around level 59-60, some straight up impossible because of level thresholds where there were no longer elites mob Y dropping item X anymore.

The chromatic sword thing was most probably an unintended consequence of the scaling, not something intentional that you should expect to happen again. Sure, there may be bugs, but that's not something you should count on to produce positive results
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The chromatic sword thing was most probably an unintended consequence of the scaling, not something intentional that you should expect to happen again. Sure, there may be bugs, but that's not something you should count on to produce positive results
    Well maybe, but I've seen a lot of misc items drop in price ever since level scaling was implemented. I also believe Glorious legplates became much easier available as well. IIRC they used to go for about 200-300k. They're down to 80k.

Well, everything. Perhaps exceptions on mounts, but stuff like crafting materials, etc, yeah.
    Those are based on the level of the materials though. So I'm not sure what your point is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    uhhh innkeeper food/water?
    Refer to the above. Same thing.

Gold income will just be adjusted. A level 50 in SL should not have significantly different income compared to now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it'll all be scaled. I'm sure there's some formula out there that takes the value of something being sold at max level for that expansion and scales it based on your level.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.