IF we make it to the November election intact as a nation (big if):

1. If Trump wins again, the left will revolt because they view him as a total racist and totally evil now.
    2. If Trump loses, then a whole slew of people on the right will decide the nation is lost and fully believe it means totally open borders and a flood of immigrants coming in to push the nation far left. So the right will revolt instead to stop it.

That's what I see.

But I fear with Trump coming out to defend the naming of military bases for people accused of racism, that seems to be enough to boil things over and set off a civil war pretty soon. To me, that move signals that Trump believes he is now strong enough to overthrow the government. Because they will try to remove him for that.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-06-12 at 12:31 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

1. If Trump wins again, the left will revolt because they view him as a total racist and totally evil now.
    2. If Trump loses, then a whole slew of people on the right will decide the nation is lost and fully believe it means totally open borders and a flood of immigrants coming in to push the nation far left. So the right will revolt instead to stop it.

That's what I see.
    We know y'all do, which is why they had to arrest several people sharing your views for starting shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Don't blame you for your lack of familiarity, honestly.
    In order to get away with being smug you have to be intelligent.

- - - Updated - - -

"It's mainly due to a lack of firearms" he said before mentioning George Floyd who was not shot.
    Don't do nuance much, do you? Hyper-violent cultures where firearms are common, breed reactionary policing methods which leads to the type of brutality which killed Floyd. No firearm has to be present for firearms to have an impact on this type of policing.

- - - Updated - - -

> "European progressives are totally equipped to discuss issues of systemic racism!"
    > Repeats right wing talking points claiming that systemic racism doesn't exist.
    No, I referred you to every actual study carried out on the issue which shows that the quality of life is determined by class, NOT race. That is a fact, not an opinion, using these things called data and analysis and science.

That does not mean that systemic racism does not exist. It means that racism doesn't matter if you are rich. Which should be obvious. Jews experience racism, they are not disadvantaged in society. Because they have money. Obviously.
    Last edited by Dansil; 2020-06-12 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

That's what I see.

But I fear with Trump coming out to defend the naming of military bases for people accused of racism, that seems to be enough to boil things over and set off a civil war pretty soon. To me, that move signals that Trump believes he is now strong enough to overthrow the government. Because they will try to remove him for that.
    It must be hard to keep your keyboard clean while you type these posts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same Trump hiding in a bunker, then expanding fencing around the White House? That’s your civil war leader? Give me liberty or give me golf?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

To me, that move signals that Trump believes he is now strong enough to overthrow the government. Because they will try to remove him for that.
    Not sure where you'd get that from other than your apparent obsession with a second US civil war.

It signals that he's feeding his base. Period. His base are the folks that still think the Confederate flag is "southern heritage" and has nothing to do with slavery. The very folks currently livid with NASCAR for banning the Confederate flag from events.

This, as with all his actions, are directed purely towards his base. He loves their praise, adoration, and adulation. It's what he craves most. Even more than Brawndo. And telling his base he's goin to keep the names of Confederate generals on bases if he gets his way reinforces this.

You really gotta pump the brakes on this, dude.

Duckworth and Demmings are my 1 and 2 for VP. Both their backgrounds, ex-military/ex-police-chief and Poc, would fill a big gap at this time for Biden. They are also "younger" but not spring chickens. Honestly there are so many great women with strong backgrounds to choose from, just not Klobuchar or someone with no substance. For most voters though it seems unless you pull a Palin it doesn't matter who gets the VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The same Trump hiding in a bunker, then expanding fencing around the White House? That’s your civil war leader? Give me liberty or give me golf?
    haha exactly. "#bunkerbitch is now strong enough to overthrow the government" like get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    haha exactly. "#bunkerbitch is now strong enough to overthrow the government" like get real.
    Fucking loved the reply from Seattle mayor...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not sure where you'd get that from other than your apparent obsession with a second US civil war.
    It’s an absurd conclusion... the reason the current movement is more successful, is indirectly due to Trump. If this happened under Clinton, there would be placating of protestors. Reform... cheer!!!... instead, we have Trump pushing back, while acting like a scared little baby. It’s why defunding the police is as successful as it is...

Also, we already had clansman and fucking Hawaii shirt wearing boogaloos armed to the teeth... all ran with their tails between their legs, against unarmed protestors. The silent majority isn’t what they expected...

@Kokolums the right might have more guns, but I don’t think they have enough bullets.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-12 at 01:21 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not 1920.

That's how you lose elections.

How many people actually support Biden vs how many are anti-wannabe dictator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I really like Duckworth and I think as a disabled vet she brings a lot of cred to groups of voters that might be on the fence about Biden.

I understand the arguments about a PoC VP -- but we keep focusing on racial minorities as voting blocs and ignore others...such as military and vets. Although the leadership within the military has a big tendency to be right wing the rank and file, not so much.

If I'm just being super cynical and calculating about it -- Trump's LAW AND ORDER rampage is shredding any support he'd have gotten from minorities otherwise and that's likely to resonate more with military folks -- so a VP that brings that group along is a better political calculation IMO than a minority one.

I also think Harris has some baggage as a prosecutor which could be problematic right now.
    I like Bottoms. Her being on the list is ridiculous. Almost offensive but I don't want to go down that road tonight. It's a shortsighted and reactionary as people who were throwing Cuomo into the mix.

Harris, well that's more Biden. Strong politician, terrible history. And if liberals has told me anything is that they need to convert conservatives more than progressives. I don't think conservatives will go for a VP who is big on government and eats wrong doing Republicans for breakfast. Would be a much better AG. She has a shaky record in California but has shown growth.

I'm from FL - Val Demmings is my girl. She faces hurdles that Harris does, in that she wrecks Republicans as a hobby. And considering how polarizing politics are in FL, her being attacked to the state might actually hurt the chances of it turning blue.

Abrams has been doing tons of amazing ground work since her bid. Her work has contributed to some seats being flipped. With that said, she kind of let me down one the spotlight really started to shine on her. Probably because she is becoming more and more of a mainline Democrat. Which is a plus. She would be a good pick.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Biden being Biden

“But even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did,” Biden continued. “Because just like television changed the Civil Rights Movement for the better when they saw Bull Connor and his dogs ripping the clothes off of elderly black women going to church and fire hoses ripping the skin off of young kids – all those folks around the country who didn’t have any black populations heard about this, but didn’t believe it but they saw it. It was impossible to close their eyes. Well, with George Floyd, what happened to George Floyd, now you got how many people around the country? Millions of cellphones. It’s changed the way everybody’s looking at this. Look at the millions of people marching around the world, the world.”
    Former NFL player and current Republican congressional candidate Burgess Owens responded to Biden’s remarks in a tweet, writing: “Spoken like a man still fighting for segregation after Martin Luther king Jr was assassinated. Maybe it didn’t change anything in you, but Martin Luther king Jr changed the world.”

"I cannot believe how absolutely CLUELESS this man is regarding the impact Dr. King had, healing our country & the world. It is INSULTING to see these willing huckters diminish my father’s Great Generation of REAL BLACK MEN. Anything to “get out the vote”. Right “Segregation Joe”??

“He’s going down to Texas on Juneteenth, right?” Biden said. “The first major massacre, literally speaking of the Black Wall Street, right? Years ago.”
    Joe Biden doesn't know what Juneteenth is:

"He’s going down to Texas on Juneteenth, right? The first major massacre … of the Black Wall Street, right?"

1. President Trump is going to Texas today, not June 19
    2. Juneteenth is about emancipation
    3. The massacre was in Oklahoma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Biden being Biden

Former NFL player and current Republican congressional candidate Burgess Owens responded to Biden’s remarks in a tweet, writing: “Spoken like a man still fighting for segregation after Martin Luther king Jr was assassinated. Maybe it didn’t change anything in you, but Martin Luther king Jr changed the world.”

"I cannot believe how absolutely CLUELESS this man is regarding the impact Dr. King had, healing our country & the world. It is INSULTING to see these willing huckters diminish my father’s Great Generation of REAL BLACK MEN. Anything to “get out the vote”. Right “Segregation Joe”??

"He’s going down to Texas on Juneteenth, right? The first major massacre … of the Black Wall Street, right?"

Fairly telling that this is widely seen as the more attractive alternative to Trump, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    It must be hard to keep your keyboard clean while you type these posts.
    What he wrote makes sense to me. I think the odds of a civil war are low, but I don't think they are zero. Maybe "civil war" is too strong a word, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that there is a lot more violence to come. And drones with bombs are cheap.

I don't think the right will do well in a civil unrest. The business community will shut them down fast, and once the first few go down, the rest will just plain stop. Civil unrest is bad for business.

The recent protests that resonated world wide are also a response to the armed militia that recently occupied the Wisconsin statehouse. The militia wanted to get their message out to the world, and the world said thank you for sharing, now shut up and go back to where you came from. Trump and the right wing tried to build upon the Wisconsin protest, but lost badly and now is isolating itself in a way that will turn out badly for them. We just have to minimize the collateral damage. Which will be hard to do.

The military spoke out very loudly to Trump and his supporters. They said go to hell. Trump will likely try at least once more. The military needs to shut this down fast every time, like they already did the first time.

And to prevent this from being an issue after 2020, we need to make sure that Trump and the republicans lose in a very historic landslide. We shut it down relatively peacefully now, or face a boatload of issues moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly telling that this is widely seen as the more attractive alternative to Trump, lol.
    and completely missed that going to Tulsa, on Juneteenth, while spewing the shit he is about protesters and being pro cop, is just suck an awful look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and completely missed that going to Tulsa, on Juneteenth, while spewing the shit he is about protesters and being pro cop, is just suck an awful look.
    He is admitting that Trump, in his superiority to Biden, knows better... yet is still doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump does and is holding his rally there anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Biden will now insult them on twitter for disagreeing with him... any second now, Biden will post that no one has seen as much political hate as Biden and these people are just broke, jealous of Biden’s stable genius. Arsonist that want to destroy America? I don’t know, just asking... maybe antifa? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

And to prevent this from being an issue after 2020, we need to make sure that Trump and the republicans lose in a very historic landslide.
    Yeah, what you need is a different old white rapist with the same policies on foreign wars, private healthcare, sucking Wall St's dick, and no idea how to solve the problems presented by oncoming massive automation and unemployment. That will SOLVE all the problems.

That's ALL you need to do. Every problem you have is solved by a meaningless symbolic change at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

And to prevent this from being an issue after 2020, we need to make sure that Trump and the republicans lose in a very historic landslide.
    Yeah, what you need is a different old white rapist with the same policies on foreign wars, private healthcare, sucking Wall St's dick, and no idea how to deal with the issues presented by oncoming massive automation and unemployment. That will SOLVE all the problems.

It is especially important to deal with this now because the racial conflict problems that emerged under Obama's administration and were not dealt with then, can only be solved by Obama's vice-president, who also did nothing about this issue during that period.

That's ALL you need to do. Every problem you have is solved by a meaningless symbolic change at the top.

Now go to sleep for 4-8 years while your country goes to shit. But you have flowery rhetoric about inclusivity now so it's alright.
    Last edited by Funtapunta; 2020-06-12 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump does and is holding his rally there anyway?
    I'm sure Trump didn't--and Stephen Miller did. It's deliberate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal We View Post
    Duckworth and Demmings are my 1 and 2 for VP. Both their backgrounds, ex-military/ex-police-chief and Poc, would fill a big gap at this time for Biden. They are also "younger" but not spring chickens. Honestly there are so many great women with strong backgrounds to choose from, just not Klobuchar or someone with no substance. For most voters though it seems unless you pull a Palin it doesn't matter who gets the VP.
    I'm hoping it's Val Demmings, who I also really like, and happens to be from Florida.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Oh Hi there! Did you find a definition of Tear Gas we can agree on yet? Would you like to do the responsible thing and readdress your position on if tear gas was used in Lafayette Square in the light of additional evidence?

I will accept any definition of tear gas, I just am still curious what you are talking about. Just tell us what you think it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Government Affiliated Snark