Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah conservatives are right-of-center so that means by definition hierarchy and national security are priorities. I keep getting the feeling that you are expecting conservatism to be synonymous with libertarianism, which makes zero sense.
    He is talking about GOP conflating federalism, while arguing for state rights. GOP has been running a successful campaign hiding authoritarianism under the mask of state rights. He is right, the US right does claim ownership of libertarianism, but you are correct that it’s just authoritarianism on the state level.

Well... until Trump...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You'd have to completely ignore 4-5 decades of "small government conservatism" that's been pushed as a core tentpole of the Republican party to hold this view.

We're talking about American conservatism in a thread about American issues and American political ideologies.
    Small government at the federal level, massive government on the state level. Until Trump...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to completely ignore 4-5 decades of "small government conservatism" that's been pushed as a core tentpole of the Republican party to hold this view.

We're talking about American conservatism in a thread about American issues and American political ideologies.
    For me I just use the actual definitions of the words and ideologies. Which obviously right-of-center ideologies are going to favor the police since they play a role in hierarchy and social order.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the thread though, I think Machismo may be trying to derail the thread by making it about conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Small government at the federal level, massive government on the state level. Until Trump...
    Massive government at the highest level they can get their hands on. Small to non-existent government at every other level.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    how is it not trolling to vomit post and run, thread after thread that's shown to be bullshit
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I thought conservatives likes less government?

Hmmm....
    Conservatives right now are fucking fascists. You'll find more common ground with an actual communist (no, not a tankie though) than with a conservative
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I think you're confusing libertarians with conservatives, they have two seperate ideologies. Conservatives like things like the military and police.

Somebody on Twitter was saying they set up walls or barriers around some parts of CHAZ, which is funny since walls aren't suppose to work.
    IN a time of unrest and what seems like the government committing illegal war tactics on people.

Walls do protect against attack, the thing is we aren't being attacked at our southern border.... the walls works as a defence like a fort did hundreds of years ago.

Why are people like you equating the two?

Walls serve a strategic value when dealing with attack the thing is A WALL TO STOP IMMIGRATION AT THE BORDER DOESN'T WORK Mexico isn't invading us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'm so proud of Seattle. That place is so chill normally but god help you if you start shit.

I miss living there Althoughy fuck the Red Square when its raining. Slippery as heck.
    NYC city-hall is like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    So TexasRules is 0 for 2 in threads started in the last hour or so.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

And once again we see Texasrules creating a thread and then bailing out on it when the actual facts of the case don't match up with his constructed narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully its just Seattle, so no loss no matter what happens.

So have there been any crimes committed in the "autonomous zone" yet, @TexasRules?

Has it devolved into total chaos and anarchy, with people running around naked, covered in green jello yet? Are they forming aggressive drum circles to cause noise disturbances? What are we talkin about here, dude. You gotta let me know so I can be on the lookout.
    So you did not read what the black police chief said. I get it, don't read just comment, stay true to the liberal mmoc board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    how is it not trolling to vomit post and run, thread after thread that's shown to be bullshit
    How is it bullshit to quote a police chief and the newspaper of the city. Please explain. Got it, newspaper quotes are "bullshit" because Seattle newspaper doesn't know anything about...Seattle? And quoting the chief of police from the office that was closed down in the chaz is also...bullshit somehow? I forgot, it's a democrat city so quoting the people who live there is bullshit. Show me how the police captain and the newspaper are bullshit. Please link me, I linked direct sources there, you are just cowardly whining as usual. Show me how the captain did not say that in a video ro the newspaper did not write that. Show me mr bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So TexasRules is 0 for 2 in threads started in the last hour or so.
    So you have no argument so you attack me. I post LINKS form statements a police captain made and a newspaper posted and you....criticize me. Show me what is wrong with what I posted. Show me what you think are alternative facts since I posted from people there. I am sure you know tons more. Fucking show me complainer. Show me that the direct links form Seattle and quotes from a police Captain are wrong. Cmon attack me all you like, but prove me wrong if you can. Prove facts from someone in Seattle and a police chief wrong. I am sure int hat systemic racist city of Chic ago run by democrats for 89 years you have more proof. Show me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    And once again we see Texasrules creating a thread and then bailing out on it when the actual facts of the case don't match up with his constructed narrative.
    Which facts do the paper in Seattle or the police Chief have wrong? That is all I quoted. Show me. Sure call me out with no facts, show me what is wrong with what they said. Show me the actual facts that the paper and the police are wrong about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should what the chief say be believed when the whole force has been abusing protesters, using tear gas despite being ordered not to, and lying about circumstances?

She's served in Seattle's force for 28 years. The force has been rotten for decades so I have ZERO reason to trust her word on it.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-06-12 at 04:03 AM.

Why should what the chief say be believed when the whole force has been abusing protesters, using tear gas despite being ordered not to, and lying about circumstances?

She's served in Seattle's force for 28 years. The force has been rotten for decades so I have ZERO reason to trust her word on it.
    Well if you want to play the democratic board game she fills 2 bingo slots, black and female. And she currently is not in her police station because she was told to leave. I am betting the mayor told them to leave it, hence the "She blamed “the city” for giving in to “severe public pressure” for the decision to pull out of the East Precinct building. Those darn Republican mayors not controlling their cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Well if you want to play the democratic board game she fills 2 bingo slots, black and female. And she currently is not in her police station because she was told to leave. I am betting the mayor told them to leave it, hence the "She blamed “the city” for giving in to “severe public pressure” for the decision to pull out of the East Precinct building. Those darn Republican mayors not controlling their cities.
    yeah, and so is Dallas's chief but that doesnt mean her word means anything when they're caught on lies and victim blaming the protesters. Their "copness" tends to override anything else.

and HAH. Ft Worth's had thier issues too, despite a republican mayor so nice try. Not to mention republicans love doing dumbass shit to provoke like this: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...243404061.html
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-06-12 at 04:14 AM.

yeah, and so is Dallas's chief but that doesnt mean her word means anything when they're caught on lies and victim blaming the protesters. Their "copness" tends to override anything else.

and HAH. Ft Worth's had thier issues too, despite a republican mayor so nice try.
    How many riots did we have this last week? We had a ton of peaceful protests. I did not hear of any looting, like in Dallas. Thanks for pointing out the democratic party mayor in a democratic city council run city that people commute to to stay away from the downtown and surrounding areas. Dallas is the north version of Houston.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many riots did we have this last week? We had a ton of peaceful protests. I did not hear of any looting, like in Dallas. Thanks for pointing out the democratic party mayor in a democratic city council run city that people commute to to stay away from the downtown and surrounding areas. Dallas is the north version of Houston.
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/wa...ridge/2379616/

AHEM

and I dont buy the frozen wate rbottles thing in 90 degree heat

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all the roiting in the US the past few weeks have been done by Police
    - Lars

5+ Year Old Account
    Similar to the other thread closing, topics relating to the riots and Floyd can go to the mega-thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."