Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    The casters look good but the melee... not so much.

Especially DK, those bones are 2spooky, in the not cool way

That's a Michael Jordan at the end of Space Jam level reach right there
    he made the shot though right.. exactly

Honestly this is a major downgrade from the idle stance. At least as it is now you can see what your character is going to look like.

Good luck trying to tell what the actual colors of your toon's hair, skin, eyes, etc are when they are COVERED in particle effects from spells.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i was waiting for them to chose Tauren Priest and watch them float and cut the head off with the top of the screen ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Honestly this is a major downgrade from the idle stance. At least as it is now you can see what your character is going to look like.

Good luck trying to tell what the actual colors of your toon's hair, skin, eyes, etc are when they are COVERED in particle effects from spells.

I mean, most likely this is just when previewing the race/class combo, but when you're in the actual customization menu your char will probably default to the idle stance.

I'm okay with it myself. Gives an idea of what the char looks like in action.

I like these, as long as when it comes to the actual creation the animations cease so we can customise without animations.
    I would also like to see bone shield on DK's to be shrunk and slowed down as the way it is now it distracts the eyes from the selection.

The priest one looks probably the best.

Funny, how they present some mildly important visual stuff all the time, while we have zero info about how they are going to fix non-functioning specs. Cant see any real gameplay changes in general except getting back what we lost before (typical expansion reshuffle and recycle). Maybe some balance manifesto? I know its not the blizzard way, because they would get sh*t on for of their poor decisions, but at least we could save ourselves months of forums crying. It looks like they focus on the exactly not important stuff and the important things that would keep ppl enjoying the game are done in hurry in the last moments before expansion release or scheduled after the expansion release...

hold up did i just see a new warlock pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Funny, how they present some mildly important visual stuff all the time, while we have zero info about how they are going to fix non-functioning specs. Cant see any real gameplay changes in general except getting back what we lost before (typical expansion reshuffle and recycle). Maybe some balance manifesto? I know its not the blizzard way, because they would get sh*t on for of their poor decisions, but at least we could save ourselves months of forums crying. It looks like they focus on the exactly not important stuff and the important things that would keep ppl enjoying the game are done in hurry in the last moments before expansion release or scheduled after the expansion release...

My thoughts exactly. All I see from this is, wasting time and resources on something irrelevant. Most classes are not fun to play anymore and honestly without azerite pieces broken beyond repair. Now it looks like they just give you 1 active ability to choose from (like 1 azerite essence but not even able to change freely depending content), a few of azerite powers as talents or passives and call it a day , focusing mostly on visual stuff to bait people into buying the expansion (since they know ppl like my are too addicted and play this game even at its pathetic state ).

if anything this has me more worrying that they are focusing on making the game into mobile/pc hybrid kinda thing .

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    where is the night elf icon?
    Worgen are missing too. I could see Worgen needing work for positioning maybe because of human form, but NEs shouldn't need to be changed?

Those DK bones are extremely distracting. Otherwise, looks good. Priest is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I get DK's don't have much in terms of persistent effects to differentiate them from warriors, but holy shit that vanilla bone texture up close to sell the class to newbies.
    Its one of those things that just look worse in a screenshot, and better when its actually animated and the bones constantly moving. You don't see the bone itself in detail like this then.

Although on the tauren in the video the bones are too gigantic, maybe they should zoom tauren out a bit, but i suppose tauren seeming giant is intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Lol, if you zoom in on those effects, they look so god damn horrible to the point that I'm against this.
    Well, tbf, these kind of screenies always have shit resolution (probably have low settings in Alpha), so they'll probably look far better on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Funny, how they present some mildly important visual stuff all the time, while we have zero info about how they are going to fix non-functioning specs.
    Yes, because people doing visual touch ups are those same people working on class design

This same argument is used on every complaint for every game. It as if people don't realize different people work on different things, and a large team can work on a multitude of tasks based on a multitude of skills - and artists don't work on gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    where is the night elf icon?
    Night elves and worgen were made unavailable as of the previous build, presumably because they're implementing their new customization options next.

Why is the standard Tauren twice bigger than high mountain Tauren, lol?

Thought the same. For some reason it just looks bad .. maybe I'm too used with the idle stances from all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Yes, because people doing visual touch ups are those same people working on class design

This same argument is used on every complaint for every game. It as if people don't realize different people work on different things, and a large team can work on a multitude of tasks based on a multitude of skills - and artists don't work on gameplay.
    Obviously, different ppl work on different things. Or actually Blizzard's speed and quality in the past few years looks like there is small group of ppl bandaiding and recycling everything and slowly letting the game die. Im just saying that we have zero important informations and blizz looks like their priorities are wrong and their advertisement is purely focused on looks and useless features over quality of the game. No wonder this game brings zero new ppl, only hemmorhage with occasional expansion release spikes instantly followed with brutally negative feedback. But who cares, preorders and vague/fake advertisement did their job. Fck customers for the next 2 years. Its just sad...

They default to an idle stance for the next step of character creation, when you're picking skin/eyes/etc.

Why is the priest floating.. Levitate is not a selling point of the class lol