View Poll Results: Is it time for another light-hearted WoW expansion?

Voters
136. This poll is closed
  • Yes! We need something different from the last few expansions!

86 63.24%
  • No! I'd like more expansions with these themes and tone.

50 36.76%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Probably because for a second time we watched the orcs slaughter the Draenei and join the Legion?
    While a good chunk of those same draenei join the Legion themselves and in the future mold themself into the Light!Legion. Draenei cannot control themselves without Velen to moderate them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    After multiple dark expansions, culminating with the newest expansion (Shadowlands) do you feel that 10.0 should go a bit more light hearted as a break from all the doom and gloom, or should it continue with more dark and gritty themes?

After TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, Blizzard took a chance with Mists of Pandaria. Blizzard figured that after multiple dark expansions, the player base could use a break from those themes and deal with exploring a new continent. At first the expansion was derided as being too "kiddie" or "childish" because it featured Panda people, but in the years since, MoP has been considered one of WoW's best expansions. Do you think it's time for another "MoP" expansion, or do you feel like we should continue onwards with more dark and gritty content dealing with demons, war, and death? Let your thoughts be heard in the poll.
    No, i would prefere more something like outland, meaning, i would like to see real fantastic, exotic realms. Not necessarily dark ones. I would prefere classes giving us the choice to get dark, if you know what i mean.

And thats why MoP was actually good. At first release merely only the class fantasy and design was perfected, later we got Isles of Thunder. I bet, if MoP released with IoT, it would have seen more favorable reviews.

My perfect expansions would be outland realms + MoPs class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    You're some random stranger on the internet. What is the point of attempting to save face and claim your posts were a ruse?
    Cant make up your mind? If there was no point you wouldnt have replied at all, so obviously there is a part of you that cares for whatever reason

Didnt bother to read the rest of your rant though because it was most likely just nonsense.

I'd gladly have misadventures with Flynn Fairwind for an expansion! Love that dude.

A lighthearted expansion would be great! It would be the perfect opportunity to add the playable bard class finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    So if you ask me again, Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes revamp (but keeping the catazones if people like to do them)
    Heck if you ask me, now that they have a working version of the vanilla world, they should give us that as an option for Chromie time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    After multiple dark expansions, culminating with the newest expansion (Shadowlands) do you feel that 10.0 should go a bit more light hearted as a break from all the doom and gloom, or should it continue with more dark and gritty themes?

After TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm, Blizzard took a chance with Mists of Pandaria. Blizzard figured that after multiple dark expansions, the player base could use a break from those themes and deal with exploring a new continent. At first the expansion was derided as being too "kiddie" or "childish" because it featured Panda people, but in the years since, MoP has been considered one of WoW's best expansions. Do you think it's time for another "MoP" expansion, or do you feel like we should continue onwards with more dark and gritty content dealing with demons, war, and death? Let your thoughts be heard in the poll.
    It would be really refreshing to have the game not beat the Horde over the head with
    "You're evil and only winning because the alliance is taking it easy on you, better hope you start feeling sorry"

So yeah, a lighter expansion where the Horde isn't stupid-evil and we get the themes we were promised for the faction since its inception.

Now, that's not to say things should be 'stupid good' either. I don't want the Forsaken all ending up like Calia or anything.
    Twas brillig

Light-hearted? No

What I want is a world revamp and a focus on smaller threats rather than galactic ones.

Azeroth is a huge place, there are plenty of smaller threats we could focus on for a expansion to flesh out new storylines and characters.

I'd like to see them take this whole time blip thing with Shadowlands and use it as a way to kind of reset things. Come out and the world only vaguely remember us, tales of legend that people think are just stories. Horde and Alliance are at a peace, Azeroth has transformed and the world is new.
    More like Vanilla in tone not necessarily experience.

BG's and arenas are places for both sides to test their metal and prove who is best.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Heck if you ask me, now that they have a working version of the vanilla world, they should give us that as an option for Chromie time as well.
    wow, that would be so awesome!!!... maybe they will do it ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!