Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    K so, if it's not Mei nor another nexus hero then who? Any other ideas? It was 2 in a row from Warcraft and this wouldn't be a snow themed event in summer I'm guessing. Baal was only thing I could think of as well from the cinematic stuff and snow. So Mei or Baal is most likely? I mean they did put the dragon claw marks on the Hanumura door for Dva reveal right lol so could totes be absolutely not related to anything snow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    They said they got more Nexus heroes in mind, but they want focus now on more known faces.
    No more nexus heros plz, i play Hots for charecters i recognize, for charecters from the universes i love, if i wanted new made up charecters i would play LoL.

i mean hell the charecters we got already could have easily been random charecters from wow and starcraft no problem.
    Qhira could easily been the herc from starcraft 2
    Orphea could have easily mean umbric, as her stuff could have easily been void, and boom we woulda had a void elf.

Someone mentioned Bolvar to me but I think he's too similar to Leoric and Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No more nexus heros plz, i play Hots for charecters i recognize, for charecters from the universes i love, if i wanted new made up charecters i would play LoL.

i mean hell the charecters we got already could have easily been random charecters from wow and starcraft no problem.
    Orphea could have easily mean umbric, as her stuff could have easily been void, and boom we woulda had a void elf.
    I liked Orphea.
    She actually came from the Nexus setting and we (sorta) had known/interacted with her father for years prior. And on top of that, they built her up for quite a period prior.

Meanwhile...
    Qhira came from literally no where storywise and doesn't even have a relationship to the Nexus or its characters.
    She's just Wakanda.
    If a hero isn't going to be from the actual franchises, at least make them from the friggin' Nexus. Not the Marvel Universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Someone mentioned Bolvar to me but I think he's too similar to Leoric and Arthas.
    And he's more associated with fire than frost.
    Not like his remorseless winter did much for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Qhira came from literally no where storywise and doesn't even have a relationship to the Nexus or its characters.
    This is due to the fact that the story development of the game got axed. Not even the creative lead dev got to stay on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is due to the fact that the story development of the game got axed. Not even the creative lead dev got to stay on the game.
    Sure - they couldn’t make/afford the comics this time around. But they could have done ...more.

Sure - they couldn’t make/afford the comics this time around. But they could have done ...more.
    Yeah, at least a short story.

Still holding out hope for a Void elf Kael or a Void elf Sylvanas. Maybe if 10.0 is a Void expansion, then they can make those skins as a tie-in with WoW.

Who? Literally all of the people who did story stuff got removed. They didn't even have cloaken do the voice over on the spotlight. He was only brought back for Deathwing because of massive backlash from the community.

A significant majority of the team is gone. By reading between the lines it's clear they had to crunch on Deathwing just to get him out the door, and it's taken them 6 months to finish up the next one after that. They simply don't have the resources for extra "fluff" like story development. None. And Qhira's release was sadly a victim of that lack of resources.

Upper management's treatment of this game is a travesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who? Literally all of the people who did story stuff got removed. They didn't even have cloaken do the voice over on the spotlight. He was only brought back for Deathwing because of massive backlash from the community.

A significant majority of the team is gone. By reading between the lines it's clear they had to crunch on Deathwing just to get him out the door, and it's taken them 6 months to finish up the next one after that. They simply don't have the resources for extra "fluff" like story development. None. And Qhira's release was sadly a victim of that lack of resources.

Upper management's treatment of this game is a travesty.
    They don't even have funds enough to make in game portraits animated, look at latest releases.

And that's one of reasons tbh, i trying get permban in game. I love the game, but the fact what blizz treat HOTS is travesty af.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    That's all but a certainty. Orphea and Qhira were both in development way in advance of the "new cadence".
    Out of the two, Orphea had at least been featured in some comics and was somewhat known to the community...
    Qhira just blew out of nowhere and without the formerly planned event that was supposed to introduce her, and without a map that was supposed to come with her patch.

Exactly this. No more Nexus.

When I play Orphea, I can't help but I feel like she is to be Blizz's version of Netflix's Sabrina. That kind of special teenage girl with special dark powers, but which ultimately wants to help. Given her kit, I thought she would make excelent Selendis from Starcraft. Dashing after hiting with Q, warp blade slice infront of her... It could work. And we would have more Protoss.

Qhire could be D2 Assassin, or they could turn her into some Zandalari Headhunter, if they wanted to keep that wakanda theme of hers. You know, they could easily have almost the same voice acting as she have now if she would be Zandalari.

As for the new hero, the thing is that Warcraft characters tied with frost/snow/winter are in game already (Arthas, Jaina), or they just feel really insignificant (Ahune the Frostlord). Sindragosa could be a thing, but I don't think she will make a hero, since she is Arthas' ult. Diablo has no significant characters with that theme, so it could be basicly anything which used frost spells - D2 Druid or Sorceress, Baal, Izual? I don't really remember anything connected to frost in Starcraft, so I don't think it will be SC hero... so it leaves us to OW, where Mei is the best candidate.

With how fat they made Alexstrasza I'd hate to see what they do to Mei. Probably will end up as large as Road Hog.

While we are talking dragons, Sindragosa is not the only frosty dragon out there. Sapphiron, Azuregos, Malygos or Kalecgos could work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    While we are talking dragons, Sindragosa is not the only frosty dragon out there. Sapphiron, Azuregos, Malygos or Kalecgos could work too.
    I feel like the odds of back to back dragons are fairly low.

I feel like the odds of back to back dragons are fairly low.
    Yes, I agree on that. I would not even like to have two dragon heroes in a row, but after 8 months of waiting for new hero, I would be ok with virtually anything.

The thing is, there are not many possible heroes connected to snow or frost themes. Even if they go the Blaze/Lunara/Hammer/Morales scenario and create new character based on some WC/SC unit, I can't really think about what it could be. We had Archmage and Lich who had significant frost spells and we have both Jaina and Kel'thuzad to fill this slot. There are frost wyrms as iconic units. I don't remember any unit from SC which has some connection to snow/ice.

It's funny to me how many people are complaining about a hero backstory as opposed to how they play. Qhira is fun, regardless of a story you wanted not being present and in fact is one of the heroes currently keeping me playing so that's not a bad thing. LoL is full of heroes no one gives a damn about the backstory of and are objectively fun. IP's create new characters all the time. Hots was a good place to try new heroes out and there are plenty of us that don't care about the lore behind them but how they play in game. Lunara etc. are all characters that pretty much came from nowhere and I'm not tied to their origin story nor do I care about it, just if they are fun to play or not. Also vikings are dumb, fite me.

P.s. Dragons are a good point but as was mentioned it seems unlikely we'd get another so fast. Here's to hoping they pull something out of their collective ass to piss everyone off!

P.p.s. Deso, I have no idea why you'd want a permaban in a game you clearly like lol, please don't do that.

I haven't actually noticed the snowflakes yet but I'd be super curious what role they'd have Mei play. Also translating her into HotS is going to be an interesting challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    It's funny to me how many people are complaining about a hero backstory as opposed to how they play. Qhira is fun, regardless of a story you wanted not being present and in fact is one of the heroes currently keeping me playing so that's not a bad thing. LoL is full of heroes no one gives a damn about the backstory of and are objectively fun. IP's create new characters all the time. Hots was a good place to try new heroes out and there are plenty of us that don't care about the lore behind them but how they play in game. Lunara etc. are all characters that pretty much came from nowhere and I'm not tied to their origin story nor do I care about it, just if they are fun to play or not. Also vikings are dumb, fite me.

P.s. Dragons are a good point but as was mentioned it seems unlikely we'd get another so fast. Here's to hoping they pull something out of their collective ass to piss everyone off!

P.p.s. Deso, I have no idea why you'd want a permaban in a game you clearly like lol, please don't do that.
    I like the game, but playerbase....

Also.

https://imgur.com/a/LMTcM25

Guess something going to happend soon.

I'm not sure what that means. Do they upload videos first and keep them hidden? Like until reveal I mean? If so that means what like the spotlight vid etc? Ugh waiting is killing me now lol. I do miss the old cadence and reveals and excitement like from gamescom and stuff. Blizzard of old is long gone sadly. Also Deso, do what I do and ignore everyone!