Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    At least for Hunters this isn't true. Hunter's Mark is really the only example. I, for one, am very happy to get Kill Shot and Tranquilising Shot back. They should never have been pruned in the first place.
    For Hunters, I agree. I was talking about the game overall. Shamans came out particularly poorly, they have to use a GCD every single fight or when they move over 30 yards.

Keep HM and give us Camouflage as baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Anyone with sub that can talk about this ability on the forums?
    I haven't been subbed for a while lol, or do they listen on Twitter?

I don't want this ability in it's current state..
    I know it's off-topic, and I am aware I might be missing something, but I find this a very strange request to make. If you don't have an active sub... why do you care about what happens (or doesn't happen) to Hunter's Mark? I mean, you're not playing the game, and I doubt that this particular ability, alone, would decide if you are resubbing or not to the game.

Why not? It makes me not want to play a hunter, personally. Class changes you hate are a strong disincentive to return.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ya'll don't macro it to /petattack?
    I macro it into my "misdirect to focus or to pet if I have no focus" button, but that character's largely an overworld and transmog farming character.

But yeah, I absolutely do not give it its own button.

It's boring
    It’s only boring if you use it randomly. I think it is cool that we get an ability which makes us decide what to prioritize when pull a big pack in M+. A lot of packs in the game have one target which has just more health or are more important than the others. So it’s going to be important to use hunter’s mark on the right target. It’s a fun ability if you actually think about how you use it.

Right now in BFA we basically just pick whatever target and start spam barbed shot and multishot. It’s cool that Hunter is so strong right now but M+ get a little boring.

- - - Updated - - -

No but they could try and make it more interesting
    What would that be? Like giving the ability some damage itself or?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s only boring if you use it randomly. I think it is cool that we get an ability which makes us decide what to prioritize when pull a big pack in M+. A lot of packs in the game have one target which has just more health or are more important than the others. So it’s going to be important to use hunter’s mark on the right target. It’s a fun ability if you actually think about how you use it.

Right now in BFA we basically just pick whatever target and start spam barbed shot and multishot. It’s cool that Hunter is so strong right now but M+ get a little boring.
    Except it’s not going to be used strategically. Most players will probably just put it on one target, then forget about it, and attack that one while weaving their beast cleave. The only time you’d apply it to anything else is a target swap boss fight, such as the Sisters in WCM, or if you’re target in the trash pack dies and it looks like there’s something else with high enough health to justify wasting the GCD. There’s no new high depth strategy about it.

I love when people bitch about pruning, and then when you get buttons back, people bitch about that too.

The internet makes me smile.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Except it’s not going to be used strategically. Most players will probably just put it on one target, then forget about it, and attack that one while weaving their beast cleave. The only time you’d apply it to anything else is a target swap boss fight, such as the Sisters in WCM, or if you’re target in the trash pack dies and it looks like there’s something else with high enough health to justify wasting the GCD. There’s no new high depth strategy about it.
    It’s only 5% so I guess people can just use it randomly if they want to. But I’m definitely going to use it strategically in M+ and I’m looking forward to have a tool that increase my ability to burst down priority targets. To me that’s fun. Hopefully abilities like this will also incentivize people to learn more about the mobs in dungeons so they know what’s important and what is not. Right now a lot of players just targets a random mob without really knowing anything about what the other mobs do. For example, I wonder how many players have no idea what the difference is between the different witches in Waycrest Manor.

5% isn’t a burst. A burst would be a big number boost to your damage. As I’ve also said, for trash it will mostly be a use it and leave it ability while boss fights will be mostly the same minus some kind of council fight like the three sisters.
    Just as an example: let’s look at a pull in Atal Dazar with the totems. If you’re going to burn down the big guy over all other trash, you obviously won’t mark the totem. You’d place it on the big mob 1st, kill the totem, and then go into your normal rotation. If you’re going to kill the caster first, you apply it to her, ignore all other targets with HM until the caster is dead, and then decide if you will reapply it or not based on current health. Either way, if used as mark and forget or used as to finish off a high HP mob it feels bad to use. One makes it pretty much forgettable while the other makes it a GCD that does no damage you need to use to do damage. As for the latter, BM already has 2 of those, MM and SV already have 1.
    Ona boss fight, the same issue applies. You use it and forget about it while you burn down AoE targets on fights like Hivemind, or you use it and forget on single target, or you have fights like Prophet where you want to burn an add fast and you now have another GCD to use before you can start doing damage.
    Now, everyone has different tastes, but to me personally the previous points I made are not fun to me. If Blizzard wants to bake it into the spec to apply based off of a specific ability hitting the mob I’m okay with that. If they want to make it stop stealth only for PvP I’d be okay with that. Making it an ability on the GCD, when we already have abilities on the GCD that ties up our rotation and pauses our damage output, I’m not okay with.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-06-12 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ya'll don't macro it to /petattack?
    Don't have a pet.

- - - Updated - - -

What would that be? Like giving the ability some damage itself or?
    Lol, stop trying to pretend the usage of this ability has depth, it doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is still going and still a goldmine for legacy vs retail arguments & trolling. God I love these forums.

IMO, the game should block you from autoing if you don't have Hunter's Mark up and your pet set to attack the target

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Stop trying to pretend the usage of this ability is game ruining. The unpruning is here; rejoice, mortals.
    Last edited by wildcardNS; 2020-06-12 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

ya we should get rid of huntards mark its to much to ask to debuff a target to do more damage to it.I guess you won't be happy till you can just right click the enemy and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcardNS View Post
    This thread is still going and still a goldmine for legacy vs retail arguments & trolling. God I love these forums.

IMO, the game should block you from autoing if you don't have Hunter's Mark up and your pet set to attack the target

Stop trying to pretend the usage of this ability is game ruining. The unpruning is here; rejoice, mortals.
    I never claimed it did, come back to reality son.

Didn't read this part but wow lmao, what a stupid thing to say.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2020-06-12 at 11:44 AM.

Well, it depends what you compare it to. Right now hunter doesn’t really have any meaningful choices in M+. Hunters Mark might not be the most exciting ability in the world but in higher M+ key it will be a tool that can help you with priority targets and can be very beneficial if played correctly.

Hunters mark should be something like havoc for warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    ya we should get rid of huntards mark its to much to ask to debuff a target to do more damage to it.I guess you won't be happy till you can just right click the enemy and walk away.
    It seems like many people just want their class to be like Demon Hunters where you can basically just press buttons and do damage. I also see DKs are complaining about the festering wounds mechanic because it make target switching a little less straight forward. People who just wants to smash buttons and do massive damage should just play DH.

Well, it depends what you compare it to. Right now hunter doesn’t really have any meaningful choices in M+. Hunters Mark might not be the most exciting ability in the world but in higher M+ key it will be a tool that can help you with priority targets and can be very beneficial if played correctly.
    And HM is just giving you the illusion of having meaningful choices.

"Oh look, I now have to pick which target to put debuff on, what a complexed playstyle."

It's the equivalent of people trying to say maintaining SnD adds depth to the class. Did you think BM macros in BC had meaningful choices?

And HM is just giving you the illusion of having meaningful choices.

"Oh look, I now have to pick which target to put debuff on, what a complexed playstyle."

It's the equivalent of people trying to say maintaining SnD adds depth to the class. Did you think BM macros in BC had meaningful choices?
    It’s definitely not an illusion in high M+ keys. If you’re doing above a +20 key then you would know that priority damage matters a lot and having the ability to add 5% increased damage to certain targets can make a big difference. But this is of course only relevant if you’re actually doing challenging content. If your main gameplay is based on +5 keys and world quests then HM is of course pretty worthless.

HM is a tool that can be very valuable for good players in challenging content.