Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Nothing. They will do nothing. Vanilla was pisseasy, vanilla was an unbalanced mess, and this is what people wanted to experience.
    I dont know, how could ppl expect from classic to be the same as it was 15y ago. Obviously ppl are different, standards are different, blizzard is not blizzard anymore and all these currently dad-ish age guys hoping to get the same experience as before when they had no responsibilities and infinite time to play are just naive...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    But if someone doesn't enjoy farming, their game experience is worsened because of others' farming. It is directly their fault. Is that reason for them to stop? No. But it worsens the experience for others because their gold is worth less.
    One of, if not the main reason for wanting Vanilla was the yearning for a version of the game that does not offer everything on a silver platter.

You can choose to farm or you can choose to not farm. I chose not to because I can't be bothered but it is by my choice I'm not swimming in gold and accordingly I have no one else to blame for it.

There are no opinions. It is an objective truth that if there is any value of inflation, one's purchasing power diminishes. Can you dispute this?

Yes - and everyone that farms makes money. The person that does not is left in the dust. The person that does not farm is objectively worse off economically. And since every activity in the game requires gold, enjoyment is also diminished.
    The purchasing power of each unit of currency diminishes with inflation, but if your income rises faster than the rate of inflation then your real income goes up.
    If you weren't aware then people's real income can go up during high inflation and the opposite can also be true.

The bad, the lazy, the shitters will have their real income go down, the good, those with a work ethic and those who are able to touch their nose with their finger will have their real income go up.

That is the true vanilla experience, and actually a true American experience, the vast majority will be shit and poor, the tiny majority will be good and rich.

Which group do you belong to?

In real life, it's been demonstrated that people often don't have the same choices, so leaving everyone on equal playing fields isn't constructive for the majority, since everyone didn't start at the same spot. And in the game, it's being changed to something that detracts from the enjoyment of it for this type of person. It is their decision to play how they want, but they are no longer able to at the same capacity as before.
    Ignoring the outliers as that is what they are, people have the same opportunities. To say that they don't have the same choices is wrong. Work or not. Educate or not. Every choice has a sacrifice. For some the sacrifice is greater. Just because the sacrifice is greater doesn't preclude them from making a decision. Having other people make the same decision in an "easier situation" doesn't mean that they affect that original person. You have a choice. If you chose to not take the path that rewards more whether it is an engineering degree or using the most efficient farming technique it is nobody's fault but your own. If you choose NOT to take advantage then that is your own fault. What other people do is irrelevant.

Stop being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's a game with WoW vanilla mechanics, not 2005-2006 behavior simulation for you. Should Blizzard tweak every single million thing players do now but didn't do in 2006 just to artificially recreate 2006 behavior?

I would list 100+ things here players do now and didn't do in 2006, should I list them all?

The people that don't farm care. That's the problem, just like in real life when the rich get so rich they can do whatever they want, but the poor can't do anything.
    Your problem is that people who don’t play the game don’t get to play the game?

You have to realise a videogame does not equate to real life, because the videogame is an opt-in scenario, real life isn’t.

So, you’ve DECIDED to play the game. The idea you should be able to play the game, and be succesful regardless of what you do, is so entitled it’s ludicrous.

Or do you also believe super mario should be playable without using the jump button, because you don’t like it?

stop overreacting, theres a very small percentage of ppl doing these kind of farms, they arent that easy to do, i know cuz i play a mage , also the amount of gold is much lower, also who the fk cares about these things, just enjoy the game and stop bitching

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Your problem is that people who don’t play the game don’t get to play the game?

You have to realise a videogame does not equate to real life, because the videogame is an opt-in scenario, real life isn’t.

So, you’ve DECIDED to play the game. The idea you should be able to play the game, and be succesful regardless of what you do, is so entitled it’s ludicrous.

Or do you also believe super mario should be playable without using the jump button, because you don’t like it?
    It is the same mindset that people who complain about "griefers", "campers" in War Mode etc. have.

They simply don't understand that this is a game where the rules are made by Blizzard.
    What you, I or anybody else thinks is "right", "wrong" or "fair" is irrelevant. Blizzard makes the game and the rules and that is it. Take it or leave it.

A sane and normal person makes the decision: Do I like to play this particular game or game mode? And according to the answer will play it or not.
    The answer could be: I don't like that particular aspect, but the rest of the game I like so much that I will keep playing.

The insane and abnormal keep playing a game or game mode that they don't enjoy and keep inflicting pain on themselves while bothering/amusing others with their incessant whining.

Jup it is fine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oS_oCeXgZE

The people defending this

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Jup it is fine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oS_oCeXgZE

The people defending this
    No one is defending bots

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Aq40 hard, haha. Remember when they said that about BWL? Yee.

AQ40 will be a breeze, bosses will die in minutes. NOTHING WILL EVER BE HARD in these Classic versions of the game. Nothing in Classic, nothing in TBClassic (if it comes) etc. We've done everything before, there is no surprises. We know exactly what to do in AQ40, and Naxx. And most guilds are overgeared allready.

And why would they do anything about ZG one-pulls? It's Classic.
    Louder for the kiddos in the back please. Classic WoW has become a different monster than vanilla because close to 3 million players didn't have any damn clue what they were doing so without proper itemization, obviously most guilds got crushed by AQ40 when it came out. Things are much different, easier and players are just more competant overall compared to any examples provided by Vanilla being considered hard. It wasn't hard, people were playing it wrong.
    Last edited by Headayke; 2020-06-12 at 03:54 PM.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    Louder for the kiddos in the back please. Classic WoW has become a different monster than vanilla because close to 3 million players didn't have any damn clue what they were doing so without proper itemization, obviously most guilds got crushed by AQ40 when it came out. Things are much different, easier and players are just more competant overall compared to any examples provided by Vanilla being considered hard. It wasn't hard, people were playing it wrong.
    I thought MC was hella hard back then. It was a raid we maybe used two raid nights to clear because it was so long.
    Now we blast through in no time.

Will be interesting to see how quick the top guilds clear AQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

There are no opinions. It is an objective truth that if there is any value of inflation, one's purchasing power diminishes. Can you dispute this?

Yes - and everyone that farms makes money. The person that does not is left in the dust. The person that does not farm is objectively worse off economically. And since every activity in the game requires gold, enjoyment is also diminished.
    Opposite to real life, you do not need any money(gold) at all ingame because you can just farm it yourself.

Want some flask and pots? Play a char with herbing/alchemy and make them yourself. It doesn't matter at all how expensive a finished flask is selling on the AH because you can make your own without depending on anyone else.

They don't have to do anything to ZG, they need to fix Mages ability to do this BS. Fix the mana regen talent, don't allow clearcasting procs from downrank blizzard, Reduce the slow of blizzard. They are many routes, but the issue is mages, not a particular instance. From Mara to SM to ZF, its the class.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's almost as if vanilla was meant to be an immersive online world and not a breakneck competition for tryhards.
    Pulling ZG in one pull makes it an immersive online world. That's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I’ve seen this argument, so allow me to oblige you by disputing it logically.

Player A is a hardcore farmer
    Player B is a minimal engagement player

Player A makes a LOT of gold. He sits on maybe 30k gold and buys whatever the fuck he wants. This makes prices rise on whatever commodity.

So lets see how this impacts player B.

At 0 engagement with the game, player B cant do much of anything. Most commodities on auction house are outside his price range.

At any level above 0 engagement, player B’s income rises at the same level as the inflation. Whatever player B does farm, he can sell at the inflated price level. That one stack of copper bars that used to go for 20 silver is now worth 5 gold. One could call it a form of trickle down economics, which works because classic realms are a closed system.

Now, should we really care about the game experience of players with 0 engagement? They clearly have no intention of playing the game. Gathering/farming materials is an integral part of classic wow, and the above text shows that it does not need to be done at any absurd level to be very beneficial, not to mention sufficient to achieve anything in game.
    Amen, brother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I pointed out how their experience could be better as a result, which means it's not an objective fact, merely your pinion. I'm not disputing your assertion that inflation exists, or how it occurs. I'm disputing your claim that it will objectively harm their experience.
    How would not being able to afford things you were able to afford before would affect your experience positively exactly?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Yea, you can also be a farmer and slaughter your own cow or live out in the woods and be self sufficient. You wouldn't want to live in a severely imbalanced economy where a water costs $15.00 and a simple meal is $100.

Fix mages ability to farm like gods. Magic Absorption, Clearcasting and Improved Blizzard are an insane combination. Cap AoE damage from Blizzard, there are so many easy to implement fixes that don't really go against the #NoChanges mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There should be a balance... farming should be rewarding, but the game shouldn't be totally unplayable if you don't farm. Maybe it just takes longer, who knows.

And then there are issues where if there's one form of farming that is way more rewarding than others but most people can't do it, then you might have a serious problem.
    There is a balance. You can make more g/h if you play better or you can play more to make the same amount. The only other option is any MMO is to be self-sustainable, i.e. farm all the mats and craft the stuff you need yourself, so you're independent off the market. I'm sorry but if you want to raid and not farm you're playing the wrong game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    That's just bullshit. Most of the vendor trash is still vendor trash no matter how inflated the economy is. There is no increased demand for crafting mats that drop way too much just because economy is inflated. People still don't need them. Basically your example would make sense only if everyone actually spent the same amount of time farming, when in reality probably majority of the people couldn't care less about farming gold for more than their weekly raid repairs and couple consumables. Those people probably have 100G combines on their characters, and would still have the same 100G even with the 50G mooncloths.
    There is a steady demand, but the price increases because people have more gold to spend. 5g per stack of copper bars is a pretty realistic example. Sounds stupid? Not that stupid when the person buying has 30k gold to spend.

Also, not all farming is the same. Some people flip AH playing 15 minutes a day making 500x more than you're doing playing all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lavaskill View Post
    Yea, you can also be a farmer and slaughter your own cow or live out in the woods and be self sufficient. You wouldn't want to live in a severely imbalanced economy where a water costs $15.00 and a simple meal is $100.

Fix mages ability to farm like gods. Magic Absorption, Clearcasting and Improved Blizzard are an insane combination. Cap AoE damage from Blizzard, there are so many easy to implement fixes that don't really go against the #NoChanges mentality
    How about you just level a mage of crying instead?
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2020-06-12 at 09:00 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Amen, brother.

- - - Updated - - -

How would not being able to afford things you were able to afford before would affect your experience positively exactly?
    It affords a financial incentive to either farm, or work the auction house to make more gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It affords a financial incentive to either farm, or work the auction house to make more gold.
    I'm not arguing that people like that should play Classic. However, it's an objective fact that it affects them negatively.