Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    This is getting pathetic. Time to move on for fuck sake...
    Why in the world would it be time to move on this is still a very hot topic with tons and tons of support.

What about Asians, Latinos, Indians, and more.

No lives matter. Only our own.

What is even more interesting, are the people that own the news, who owns the black lives matter movement and who are investing in the riots..

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Of course not, do you think they actually care about racism?
    Say what you will but this money is just virtue signalling probably allocated from the advertisement budget.
    They are a corporation, they do what they think is best for the shareholders.
    The reason doesnt matter...when we are talking about 4 million dollars for a good cause.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Personally I would like them rather support people that get looted, but hey, it's their money.
    That would be a minuscule amount of money in comparison as only small business would actually need support and would be way less impactful.

As extremism and opportunistic organizations are normalized and profitable overnight, we have the most hypocritical companies in the world moral grandstanding because it's currently acceptable (perhaps not popular) opinion.

After the Hong Kong situation, anyone with a half a brain should be rejecting these corporations and celebrities who refused to stand up for actual oppression when their pockets were threatened and still do not stand up to the business owners and peaceful citizens brought to their knees, literally in some cases.

Am I reading this right? So 1 million from company, 1 million from ceo, and another 1 million assuming their employees who are likely underpaid come up with a million as well.

This all from a company that collects millions per month in subscription costs from a single IP, not counting all the others. Then they post "Look at this thing I did." This is like when my son wants something so he cleans his room, tells me about it, and I find toys just pushed into his closet. They half-assed their support like they half-assed Warcraft 3 remaster. And of course they will get every penny back in tax refunds, including all the employee donations they claim. Equality reforged. Brought to you by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If they did it quietly, someone would complain how they aren't donating.

If they announce it, someone complains about that too.
    The fact people would complain and demand that a gaming company donate money to a certain cause when they have nothing to do with police brutality, speaks volumes to the overlying issue.

People don't have a problem with the fact money is being donated. They have a problem with them selectively donating money and grand standing. They have a problem with Blizzard claiming they stand for equality and against racism, while they bend over backwards to Communist China or bend over backwards to an ideologically driven Outrage Mob. A corrupt authoritarian dictatorship with a long history of racism, who forced Blacks out on the streets during Covid, & is currently committing the ethnic genocide of over a million Uyghur muslims...

You may have put "inb4 virtue signaling" in another post, but that's exactly what it is. Blizzard has no moral ground to stand on here.
    Last edited by Synros; 2020-06-12 at 03:52 PM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

This is all just stupid. Donating to these places isn’t going to do shit. If you want to end racism stop reminding everyone ever 2 minutes what race they are and how they oppressed or privileged. All this crap does is make the problem worse.

You want to help people who live in poor neighborhoods? Instead of doing business with major corporations maybe you spend your money on small local companies. There are a lot of minority owned business that could use your business,

Just remember to not Fight Against Systemic Inequality in Honk Kong because it could mean they would cancel you in China ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcareru View Post
    INB4 someone shilling for Blizzard. Oh wait it was the first post.
    Indeed! Blizzdrones will protect their gods whatever the cost...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    This is all just stupid. Donating to these places isn’t going to do shit. If you want to end racism stop reminding everyone ever 2 minutes what race they are and how they oppressed or privileged. All this crap does is make the problem worse.

You want to help people who live in poor neighborhoods? Instead of doing business with major corporations maybe you spend your money on small local companies. There are a lot of minority owned business that could use your business,
    Yep, you can only hope people are getting burnt out by this. I wonder how many even read BLM's website as it borders on vilifying black men.

Just a few years ago, it was okay to call these organizations and people like Al Sharpton what they were. Race baiting extremists profiting from emotion over facts and statistics. Now, we have companies literally funding our Orwellian futures.

In the words of Morgan Freeman: "If you want to stop racism. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT."
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

shut the fuck uuuuup, nobody cares about your virtue points bs, we all know you're only doing it because it helps paint you in a good image, and white supremacists aren't giving you any money so you don't care about them.
    but china on the other hand is a huge investor, don't want to bite their hand do you, even if it comes at the cost of a humanitarian cause just as important.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I dunno man people had 400 years of racial injustice. I think you can bear people trying to change that a a little longer don't you think?
    Or are you too busy being upset by the removal of Confederate flags?
    You don’t fight racism with racism. Stop making funds for people of a specific race and treat every single person as a individual. Playing favorites only leads to more racism.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of money.....

So, how is this piece of shit relevant to WoW in any form????

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    You don’t fight racism with racism. Stop making funds for people of a specific race and treat every single person as a individual. Playing favorites only leads to more racism.
    I fear this logic falls on deaf ears as scientists are being fired for findings that don't align with radical far-left orthodoxy. I wish I was being hyperbolic.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont think this donation is gunna make them 4 million dollars my dude...
    I don't know exactly how it works, especially in the US (or in the multiple tax havens Blizzard has subsidiaries on), but don't companies get big tax deductions from charity donations?

Not to mention pure good PR, which Blizzard is in dire need of.

Cue the livid rasists...

Good on the charities getting to take part in this money.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-12 at 04:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    What about Asians, Latinos, Indians, and more.
    You can go to the links there right they there these programs don’t only support black people.

MLT equips and emboldens high-achieving women and men from underrepresented communities – African American, Latino/a and Native American – to realize their full potential, to make a mark and make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont think this donation is gunna make them 4 million dollars my dude...

Nah but it'll make a nice tax writeoff while being an attempt to score progressive Brownie points with the public, and unlike showing support for Hong Kong it won't make big cash daddy China mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    The fact people would complain and demand that a gaming company donate money to a certain cause when they have nothing to do with police brutality, speaks volumes to the overlying issue.

People don't have a problem with the fact money is being donated. They have a problem with them selectively donating money and grand standing. They have a problem with Blizzard claiming they stand for equality and against racism, while they bend over backwards to Communist China or bend over backwards to an ideologically driven Outrage Mob. A corrupt authoritarian dictatorship with a long history of racism, who forced Blacks out on the streets during Covid, & is currently committing the ethnic genocide of over a million Uyghur muslims...

You may have put "inb4 virtue signaling" in another post, but that's exactly what it is. Blizzard has no moral ground to stand on here.
    Spot on. It's time for people that are sick of the lies speak up.

It turns out, standing up for real oppression doesn't get you Twitter notoriety and notifications that people like your message.