Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Whataboutisms, how surprising.

Another one for the list.
    If you're going to use that term ad nauseum, you should look it up and learn what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcareru View Post
    Nah but it'll make a nice tax writeoff while being an attempt to score progressive Brownie points with the public, and unlike showing support for Hong Kong it won't make big cash daddy China mad.
    So you agree they lose money doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    So you agree they lose money doing this?
    What part of tax writeoff don't you understand?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can someone explain to me why only black lives matter, and not all lives together?

Sincerely, a confused european.
    All lives don’t matter if black lives don’t matter the movement is about having black people be equal
    With every one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is probably a limit on how much charitable donations per year they can write off in taxes. Going over that would mean actual losses to the company.,
    The limit is 10% of their annual taxable income, essentially what they pay in taxes. It is how companies like amazon get away with paying no taxes. Donations. In amazons case, they take all returns for a reason. They "donate" those returns in bulk boxes to goodwill. They leave it up to goodwill to filter through what is usable but they get a tax write off for the whole thing. I know this because my job at amazon was in the outbound returns department packing these boxes. It was disgusting. used clothes and lingerie that were clearly not washed before returning. Post prom season the whole warehouse smelled of cheap perfume and shame.

Virtue signalling by big corporations remain as cringe as ever. Look guys we are so relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Honestly this is only real appropriate response to all this.

what a waste of money

only black lives matter lol

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    The limit is 10% of their annual taxable income, essentially what they pay in taxes. It is how companies like amazon get away with paying no taxes. Donations. In amazons case, they take all returns for a reason. They "donate" those returns in bulk boxes to goodwill. They leave it up to goodwill to filter through what is usable but they get a tax write off for the whole thing. I know this because my job at amazon was in the outbound returns department packing these boxes. It was disgusting. used clothes and lingerie that were clearly not washed before returning. Post prom season the whole warehouse smelled of cheap perfume and shame.
    I was highly interested and found your post fascinating, and then you hit me across the mouth with that part... What has been imagined, can never be unimagined...

My condolences for having to go through that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    These protests are about police brutality. Stop attacking the straw man. If you want to talk about the war on drugs we can I’d rather we finish this discussion first. Why do you believe police are more brutal to African Americans when all available statistcs show otherwise.
    If you think the protest are just about police brutality and not the systemic problems that lead to them then you really missed the point. You wanted me to sight the problems and I gave you abunch of them BLM isn’t only about black people being brutalized by the police it’s about over policing harsher sentencing and every other systematic problem that makes black people less equal when it comes to dealing with police bad other legal body’s.

Yeah them whataboutisms right? Those Hong Kong Protestors never experienced police brutality.

I guess you could argue the police in that picture didn't put his knee on her neck.
    That is literally what "whataboutism" is.

You seem to have some idea in your head that "it's equal, so that means its fine to compare them", but you're STILL using the situation as a way to criticize the other. You're still trying to use the Hong Kong situation to attack the BLM situation.

That is literally the definition of "whataboutism".

Mind you, it's already frustrating to see people trying to act as if this is the same situation. As horrible as what's happening in Hong Kong is, what makes it worse is the fact that it's endorsed by the Government.

In the case of BLM, the donations can actually make a difference and the government isn't in a situation where they have a heavy handed control over everything. Things can actually change, there are politicians supporting the change and trying to.

As much as I would want Hong Kong to be able to receive similar help, the situation sadly isn't there. Blizzard can't make a difference by just giving money.

What part of tax writeoff don't you understand?
    I mean, I remember within the last year already people throwing complaints and rage at Blizzard because they were shown to be avoiding a lot of taxes already.
    So this would just make a straight up dent rather than allow them to avoid taxes they were already avoiding.

Imagine being angry at a company donating to fight inequality in their own country. But that's what alt right bags of garbage are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedojin View Post
    The fact that there even are people hating on this just proves that there is absolutely nothing Blizzard can ever do in order to gain a positive reputation atm. Some assholes just want to hate them, and probably define themselves as people by doing so. Wouldn't surprise me if in the future these type of haters are going to start denying that Blizzard does any good, even in against all reason and logic. They would see it as a personal attack.

I like that Blizzard is helping. I don't necessarily agree 100% with where the money should go, but it's substantially better than nothing.
    Well done Blizzard.
    The reason people dislike corporations doing stuff like this is that they would never do it if they didn't gain something by doing it.

- "Fuck Hong Kong, but blacks are in our home country, so let's support them so we look good."
    -- Only support those when it's beneficial to you, but don't support if it could be potentially harming.
    -- The double standard is absolutely so real.
    - Barely pennies to Kotick.
    -- This is basically paid PR and is failing pretty hard.
    - "Our games aren't the place for politics", immediately makes it about politics.

I'm all for supporting BLM, but not when it's fake support. This is nothing less but a paid PR move and don't you dare kid yourself if you think it's anything but. This costs Kotick next to nothing when he's making $100M bonuses to the point where even the shareholders are pissed off about it. Oh no, a measly 4% of an annual *BONUS*.

PS: Yes, I will absolutely donation shame if it's not genuine, it's literally just for PR and nothing else, and is a total double-standard.

Blizz needs good rep with donations so all can forget that blizzard didn't care enough to put black models in-game for 15 years.