Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Sylanas is not evil jeez shes doing all thise to save us. Dont be idiot. teldrassil had to burn.
    yes she is, no shes not, look in a mirrror, and no it didn't

3+ Year Old Account
    Like many have said, this isn't some complicated moral question.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will not do no harm or fight or kill sylvanas she's my queen neutral or not shes always my waifu of the horde
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I will not do no harm or fight or kill sylvanas she's my queen neutral or not shes always my waifu of the horde
    Then you will have to not play WoW.

So you will happily punch her in the face?

I'm a bit confused on what you're meaning to do to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah. And Blizzard has even said multiple times that the Jailer, and not the Arbiter, is the main villain and central driving force of Shadowlands.
    Yeah, but... can we really trust Blizzard's word on this? Keep in mind that, at WoD's announcement, we were told, multiple times, that Grommash Hellscream was going to be the "big bad" of the expansion. And it turns out we don't even fight him in a raid or even in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, but... can we really trust Blizzard's word on this? Keep in mind that, at WoD's announcement, we were told, multiple times, that Grommash Hellscream was going to be the "big bad" of the expansion. And it turns out we don't even fight him in a raid or even in a dungeon.
    Still pretty unknown, but WoD seemed to undergo a lot of design changes mid-development, and where they took Grom seemed to be incongruent with the story up to that point. Chris Metzen also said "father and son" was going to be a core theme of WoD and...it wasn't. But you can see the rough trajectory of it.

At the panel it seemed jokey about him being the final boss, but Tom Chilton seemed pretty serious about it in interviews. Moreover, many of the people involved in WoD moved onto other projects or out of the company entirely and it was driven by a significant tie-in aesthetically to the movie that obviously didn't have legs in the West.

It's true that the Arbiter can be fucked up in their own right, but it wouldn't change that everything about the Jailer drips malevolence. Even third-person omniscient descriptions in new materials refer to them as "vile" and we have confirmation that their activities in their domain are deliberately cruel and aggressive. Characters we're meant to trust flat out call him something that should never be set free. He's still evil. And the way other characters who know way more than we do seem to have it pegged (Bolvar, Gul'dan, Varimathras, Azshara, etc.), Sylvanas doesn't have great intentions about her alignment with him, even if she's all but guaranteed to backstab him and grab the throne for herself.

People seem to have this common confusion of "There's a greater threat" as a lazy story shortcut for "The threat that's clearly a threat isn't evil." In the hypothetical where the Arbiter is 7-dimensional chess bad guy, in a manner of speaking - just because Sephiroth is the final boss doesn't mean Shinra isn't awful.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-06-12 at 03:51 AM.

I mean pretty much most of us knew that for years now. It's just her fervent fans who insist she's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    WoD was an half-assed strategy to market the Warcraft movie. With Shadowlands they are actually trying to tell a story, so I trust them this time. Plus they never pulled that bait and switch again after WoD. They said Gul'dan would be the final encounter of Nighthold and he was indeed the final boss. They said Azshara would be a boss in BfA and she was indeed a boss.

Sylvanas is my queen I will refuse to pay blizzard money so that I will not harm or hurt her.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2020-06-13 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Grommash and Illidan have been absolved, so I wouldn't count Sylvannas out just yet.
    And if Main Universe Sylvannas is bad, there's always the possibility for an AU Sylvannas such as the one we see in End Time.
    I would've liked to see a glimpse of the alternate reality where Garrosh was the greatest hero Azeroth had ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Sylvanas is my queen I will refuse to pay blizzard mones so that I will not harm or hurt her.
    Even Sylvanas' skin must crawl from fans like these, good thing you are unsubbing. I think Blizzard made a big mistake putting her in the spotlight, from this thread alone we have people channeling inner socio- or psychopaths and fantasies that make me shudder.

I don't even think it matter if she dies in Shadowlands or what other depaved thing she does. If she dies people will worship her as a martyr, if she murders halve the cosmos in her schemes they will celebrate her, it's simply too late.

Sylvanas is my queen I will refuse to pay blizzard mones so that I will not harm or hurt her.
    A good idea, honestly.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Then you will have to not play WoW.
    i just wont do that part of the content they cant force me to do so.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

They can't and won't. Actually you can help your Dark Lady even more. Just go and delete your character, so she doesn't have to kill you herself. Everybody wins

Actually, huh, they can. Suppose Sylvanas ends up being the final boss of 9.1 raid. What are you going to do, straight up skip an entire raid tier? You won't have a fun time in 9.2 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Actually, huh, they can. Suppose Sylvanas ends up being the final boss of 9.1 raid. What are you going to do, straight up skip an entire raid tier? You won't have a fun time in 9.2 then.
    I think we are far past such reasonable arguments here.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Sylanas is not evil jeez shes doing all thise to save us. Dont be idiot. teldrassil had to burn.
    To very literally and obviously at this point, save us from the "curses" of being alive and having hope.

Her ideal of a Horde deprived of both would have been literally worse than the Scourge.

She lied to your face and abandoned you to die at the bottom of the ocean. Then denounced both the forsaken and the Horde. Then admitted all her crimes to your face before abandoning you one last time.

If she's still your queen after that, you got problems. That'd be literally like my death knight still fanatically worshipping Arthas. But worse. On every level.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-06-12 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is my queen I will refuse to pay blizzard money so that I will not harm or hurt her.
    Ill buy an extra account just so you can stop. Deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Even Sylvanas' skin must crawl from fans like these, good thing you are unsubbing. I think Blizzard made a big mistake putting her in the spotlight, from this thread alone we have people channeling inner socio- or psychopaths and fantasies that make me shudder.

I don't even think it matter if she dies in Shadowlands or what other depaved thing she does. If she dies people will worship her as a martyr, if she murders halve the cosmos in her schemes they will celebrate her, it's simply too late.
    Have some respect man! This world is a prison! She's trying to save us!!!! So ungrateful raisei!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Ill buy an extra account just so you can stop. Deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Have some respect man! This world is a prison! She's trying to save us!!!! So ungrateful raisei!
    Sorry But no.