Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eh, if they are only like current high end PCs, I don't see 4K 60 FPS lasting for long. They keep pushing for fidelity and some point they'll drop into 4K 30 or give us option to choose between performance and fidelity.
    Wonder how hard it would be to offer different levels honestly... What if you want 4k60 with a slight graphics drop?

I don't even own a 4k anything so 1080p60 is fine with me though :P (I have a 1440p monitor, but consoles don't do anything but 1080 and 4k)

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Some places are now reporting that its not a new Spiderman game at all but a mile morales based ps5 exclusive dlc to the ps4 game from a year or two ago. Bit cheeky that one sony.
    What else could it be? It has been TWO YEARS since the release of Spider-man for PS4. You don't make an entirely new massive open world game from the ground up in TWO YEARS. There is not enough crunch hours in a day to make that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the design of the system, though I hope it eventually comes in an all black or matte gray fins/gloss black middle. I don't care for the white.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Read the thread... it’s a full standalone game. They didn’t have to make it from the ground up, just reuse the engine and go to town. Oh, and who says they started 2 years ago? It’s likely been in development since before the first was released.
    Not only reuse the engine, but reuse the map, as well.

One thing I worried about with a possible Spider-Man sequel was how'd they change it up, seeing as Spider-Man is so iconically NYC, that it wouldn't make sense to put Spidey anywhere else, except maybe as part of an Avengers crossover.

But Miles Morales in the same NYC is fine by me. If only they'd put Venom in this game.......like, Tom Hardy's Venom.

I played it for a few hours at a friend's. Don't own a PS4 myself.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/202...-coming-to-pc/

so everything that remotely interested me is coming to pc. guess ill get a used ps5 when they announce another persona game.

Nothing looked very interesting, but then again I'm not that interested in games anymore. Would've liked to see Crash Bandicoot or that Harry Potter game but again neither of them were likely exclusives.

If I was to buy a PS5 over anything it would mostly just be because of peer pressure. It seems like Playstation is the only really socially acceptable game console.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/...igital-edition

- - - Updated - - -

$50-$100 would be my guess.
    Not a "mainstream discless console." Xbox One S is the budget, underpowered version. An afterthought several years after release.

Want the spoiler? Click at your own peril. Harry Osborn is in a tank with what appears to be a symbiote.
    It is almost certainly Venom. The Spider-man game takes a lot of input from the Ultimate universe. The difference is instead of it being Parker/Brock snr creating it, Norman Osborn is the one.

DF did an analysis of the launch trailers...

There were more 30 FPS titles than I realized...

Not great for either console.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-06-12 at 09:54 PM.

Looks good but I wont get it until more of the series I follow put games on the system.

What? The One S wasn’t less powerful... if anything it was more powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Harry, not Norman.
    I thought Norman was the one creating the experiment to save Harry. That's was my take from the situation and side stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

They were all 4k30 fps except for GT7 I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norman had Harry in the tank with the symbiote. Unless the symbiote rejects Harry it'll be him who becomes Venom. It makes sense from a best friends turned mortal enemies aspect without retreading Green Goblin territory.
    So Norman is creating the one it, just using someone else instead of himself as the human host

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

I am entirely unsurprised. Consoles pretty much always try to market looks and fidelity over frame rates. I hope they at least let us pick between 4k30 and 1080p60

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Link anything even hinting at Sony having an all digital option.

You can't.

It won't happen, it doesn't make sense for them. The drives are cheap, they are also the prominent console manufacturer for areas of the world like large spots of EU, LA, Middle East and SEA where internet is garbage. You're just basing this off your own feel craft and "MS is trying it!" but have nothing to back it up and you're coming back at me with "if you say so". Classic response.
    A year on and all I can say is, fucking told you so.

There's a couple of games that are on my radar, though only Resident Evil 8 is a day one purchase for me. I'll be more enthusiastic once more traditional JRPG's are announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know PS5 nailed it when the parodies launch immediately.

Behold the KFConsole.

I am not making this up. But I'm pretty sure it's a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    A year on and all I can say is, fucking told you so.
    The Disc version even looks like an afterthought. They just awkwardly slapped on the drive to the side of the proper and symmetrical discless design.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The Disc version even looks like an afterthought. They just awkwardly slapped on the drive to the side of the proper and symmetrical discless design.
    Yeah, it is interesting the way the Digital version looks like the core design.

I didn't see the live stream. Was there anything impressive? Or just another over-hyped console?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side