Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Diablo Immortal??? you mean the phone game made by a chinese company called NetEase that is using there other game called "Crusaders of Light" to make a reskin?
    It's still a product they are producing and making money off them.

Also, you ignored the other products the person you quoted listened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    If Kotick, Adham, and Brack are fired, and new management is put in place at Blizzard, I might even consider supporting them again. Although they would have to seriously change the way they do things, and not just with game development. No longer bowing to Chinese censorship demands would be one thing.
    You seriously expect Blizzard to risk a market that nets them millions, if not billions, in revenue? Don't comply with china, lose billions of dollars, I'm sure that CEO will last fewer than 3 hours before being booted by the Board.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's still a product they are producing and making money off them.

Also, you ignored the other products the person you quoted listened.

- - - Updated - - -

You seriously expect Blizzard to risk a market that nets them millions, if not billions, in revenue? Don't comply with china, lose billions of dollars, I'm sure that CEO will last fewer than 3 hours before being booted by the Board.
    They don't have to. I also don't have to support them. I've been boycotting them since Nov 2018, and I removed all their products from all my systems and walked away at that time. The stuff they've done since then just vindicated my decision. I will continue to do the same thing to ANY company that censors products in the west due to Chinese demand. Even if it means quitting gaming entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to several articles published online "the CTW Investment Group is unhappy with management at the company right now, filing a case with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission". They are saying that; “Despite repeated low approval votes from shareholders, Activision Blizzard maintains multiple, overlapping opportunities for its CEO to earn outsize equity awards, even when performance-related vesting thresholds have not been met”. The filing alleges that the average Activision Blizzard employee makes 0.3% of what Bobby Kotick earns and he consistently makes “larger than the total pay of CEO peers at similar companies”.

If he leaves the company, would Michael Morhaime be offered the job? would some other company try to buy them out? what kind of shakeup would happen at Blizzard if this happens?
    Any chance you can point us to

1) Who you believe is going to 'fire Kotick'
    2) A reason to fire him. (making a crapton of money isn't a reason).
    3) What makes you think that they would offer the job to Morhaime?
    4) What makes you think that he would even want the job?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-06-13 at 05:35 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hopefully no one.

Video game publishing as an industry needs to be pulled down to size if not outright thrown into the harbor since it is essentially just a bunch of wealthy middlemen gouging their consumers for profits while underpaying and abusing their developers.

To Activision, EA, etc: may your bones be crushed.
    Depends on the publisher. 1st party publishers kill it. There's some good smaller publishers too. Activision, Ubisoft, and EA can fuck some shit up though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Can always get the trans female male deer otherkin from twitch to go with Blizz's wokeness. Just don't dare use voice chat during raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zoe Quinn is in the running, and rumor has it leading the pack.

Bobby Kotock? Figuratively speaking. I doubt it will matter much, though my inner cynic suspects we might start seeing even more anti-consumer behavior from them.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    If you’re looking for “bad business practices,” I’d say blizzard is probably one of the less egregious in that regard.

I get it, you don’t like corruption gear or Azerite. You don’t like what they did to your class. You’re angry you didn’t get that entirely cosmetic genji skin out of a loot box you just couldn’t stop yourself from buying. You didn’t like diablo 3’s art style.

I really doubt those are directives from the ceo himself. Blizzard is not without reproach, of course... them caving to Chinese censorship demands is certainly a criticism they deserve.

But all this other imagined nonsense about trivial crap like shop mounts or Overwatch cosmetics or just plain burnout on a 15 year old game being the part of some grand conspiracy to drain sheeple of money is idiotic and tiresome.

People swore the game would be fixed when ghostcrawler left. But nope; the target of the community’s ire just leaps around. Ghostcrawler, bashiok, ion, kotick... always someone twisting their moustache behind the scenes to ruin the game, right?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-06-13 at 06:37 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it is hard for you to type "Bobby Kotick" into google so I did it for you and these are some of the articles you get.
    You created this riveting thread, along with quotes in it.
    With no links to quoted material.

You obviously have no clue on forum etiquette and how to create a thread in a form when quoting something/someone.
    Throwing the 'onus' back on the poster who asked for proper thread creation (links) is garbage.

Maybe it's because you are in a strait jacket right?

You're a peanut...
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2020-06-15 at 12:16 PM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Imagine activision being so bad that to helm it and clear their good name all you have to be is like 25% less greedy / arbitrarily against gamers lol.

Kotick has been great for shareholders. Returns for activision have outperformed the sp500 for decades now. Us gamers dont like him because of his philosophy on making games, but you cant deny Activision has done well during his tenure financially.

Was part of that success just due to market cap if videogqmes increasing and ACTVI rode the wave? Maybe, but in the grand scheme theme of things that doesn't really matter and is hard to evaluate what ifs.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-06-15 at 08:33 PM.