Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Difference between other flightpaths and this is, that you at least have some landscape to watch. Here? Nothing at all, except Hyperspace animation. It's even more a waste of time than regular flightpaths. Now, if they added some cool (and varied) music to it; a jingle of some sorts (Star Wars elevator music? Warcraft 2 songs? Starcraft songs? They have a lot of cool soundtracks), then I would not complain at all
    That's some feedback that can be made for it, as we don't even know if this is the final product (I'd assume it's not). However, I don't think it's a literal waste of time if it's shorter than most trips people would take with a flight path. Plus, this is just going to a specific zone, not travel w/i the zone, so the frequency of this travel method is likely not going to happen more often than normal FP travel that would happen inside a zone itself.

I'm fairly certain the intent behind this mechanism is to give a sense of distance between these realms and traveling a long distance at 'fast speeds', versus instant portals everywhere. From a technical standpoint as it is on the alpha, it's the same as flying between the same flight path where the scenery on live would still be the same every trip. I guess the most analogous scenario would be flying directly between Hellfire Peninsula and Netherstorm in TBC through the Twisting Nether... and instead of flying through a purple haze with some celestial bodies, you're flying through a light-bending show. While they accomplish the exact same travel, the Shadowlands one is meant to instill a sense of speed and large distance travel.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

So it's a flightpath without any visuals and it still arbitrarily takes at least a minute or two. Doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made me think of some of the Dr. Who intros - I like it (if its shorter)

Best matches around 8 mins in, but many are similar.

I like it. It implies the distance is insanely far.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's a really long load time wtf.

This is alpha footage guys.

Of course they will never change it.

How long until new animations for this go on sale at the Blizz Store? I'll put the over/under at 1 year after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    How long until new animations for this go on sale at the Blizz Store? I'll put the over/under at 1 year after launch.
    Wh...what?

this lasts to long.

to long with a creepy shit sound and boring look!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2020-06-13 at 05:03 AM.

I have to agree with most negative comments, looks kinda lame and the sound is wtf.

Also, how are they going to explain this? I mean a flight path is just that, taking you from a to b with a means to travel, like a flying mount. But what is that slur of lightning? Did Sylvanas all of a sudden invented intergalactic wormhole traveling when she cracked the helmet. Doesn’t make sense.

Back to the design board intern!

Edit: oh, I get it, I think? you have to go into the light? As a dead person? But because moving to one light point for several minutes is boring, so they did this?
    Last edited by vitabis; 2020-06-13 at 07:36 AM.
    "Is it true, the devils end up like you?
    Something safe for the picture frame?"

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    A little bit long, no?
    Either it's not working as intended or the dude/dudess needs to get a bloody SSD.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

If this is instead of loading screens so for changing landmasses (ie Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor), then hell yeah. Just make it shorter please. If this is instead of inland taxi, like from Stormwind to Booty bay, then ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Hmm... It'll be a new thing, so I won't knock it until I experience it.

I'm just so used to the open world approach.
    I mean it's the same as the cataclysm stuff. Tbc stuff, mop stuff...
    But atleast with this you can fly there.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    more proof blizz can NEVER win with some people,literaly nothing pleases them,even when they do something cool like replace a loading screen with something new and cool they moan,im honeslty fairly certain your gameplay consists of trolling on forums about the game than actualy playing it
    No, that's just your wrong assumption.

It feels weird, because whenever someone show his opinion on the forum he's getting the "troll" label and everyone suddenly think he's trolling/kidding. I just don't like it(for a proper reason) and I have fully right to express myself.

And having a superb computer with nice SSD I really have no problems with portals and loading screens that takes literally seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That's a really long load time wtf.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So it's a flightpath without any visuals and it still arbitrarily takes at least a minute or two. Doesn't make sense.
    To be honest I think this is even worse than just portals.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-06-13 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, that's just your wrong assumption.

It feels weird, because whenever someone show his opinion on the forum he's getting the "troll" label and everyone suddenly think he's trolling/kidding. I just don't like it(for a proper reason) and I have fully right to express myself.

And having a superb computer with nice SSD I really have no problems with portals and loading screens that takes literally seconds.

Exactly.

To be honest I think this is even worse than portals.
    I really don't like portals. 8.3 is the epitome of shitty clicking on portals and watch loading screens all the time to get somewhere. Even with ssd and good computer.
    Boralus > portal > stormwind > portal > Uldum
    Boralus > portal > stormwind > portal > pandaria > taxi (and the taxi even takes a slight detour between pawdon village and shrine )
    This on 12-13 chars to farm toys and mounts because apparently that's today's daily content.

The devs said they regretted cataclysm's disjointed world model exactly because of portals. And now look where we are again...
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-13 at 08:29 AM.

So.. it's a portal, with a 30second+ travel time? Got it.

Gotta get dem hours up somehow! Wait, I mean, gotta make the world feel "bigger" somehow!

Everything Blizzard invents, every decision, reeks of looking for a way to arbitrarily extend the time it takes to do things without being rejected by players. It makes me question everything they do, because so much of it seems to have just obvious, unobfuscated ulterior motive behind it.

Travelling is not fun. Nothing they do can make it fun. It is not an appropriate place to extend the length of gameplay. Move on to other areas, and stop trying. Don't move portals to be less convenient. Don't invent portal travel that takes 20 times as long as the current one. Move on to other areas and stop making travel a part of the game that it simply isn't.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2020-06-13 at 08:47 AM.

hmm,

1)
    if this is a replacement for loading screens, i like loading screens more (and they additionally have a progress bar telling you... progress). as Eazy said, somewhere on page 1, i also prefer the art of a loading screen over a stupid star wars tunnel.

2)
    if the tunnel is used for flying from 1 flying point to another i completely 100% hate that tunnels, because flying and watching open world, and sorting inventory while flying, is a million times better then always looking endless on that epileptic tunnel while doing nothing. this would suck hard. but come on, not even Blizzard is THAT stupid (hopefully).

3)
    in general i have no problem with that tunnel or his art. i.e. for quick 5 second transition loadings or so. i just see no real good use of it.

4)
    that video took relatively long. i hope they do not use that tunnel to hide longer loading screens behind it. this would be horrible.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-06-13 at 09:12 AM.

Looks cool, they just need to cut the time down to about 10% of that or it will get mind numbingly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    more proof blizz can NEVER win with some people,literaly nothing pleases them,even when they do something cool like replace a loading screen with something new and cool they moan,im honeslty fairly certain your gameplay consists of trolling on forums about the game than actualy playing it

- - - Updated - - -

not rly,this visual hides a loading screen,im guessing this takes place in a different cell,kinda like elevetors in fallout 4
    maybe you should ask why blizzard wanna win with ppl in the first palce, when they implement stuff literally NO ONE ever asked for ?

maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's some feedback that can be made for it, as we don't even know if this is the final product (I'd assume it's not). However, I don't think it's a literal waste of time if it's shorter than most trips people would take with a flight path. Plus, this is just going to a specific zone, not travel w/i the zone, so the frequency of this travel method is likely not going to happen more often than normal FP travel that would happen inside a zone itself.

I'm fairly certain the intent behind this mechanism is to give a sense of distance between these realms and traveling a long distance at 'fast speeds', versus instant portals everywhere. From a technical standpoint as it is on the alpha, it's the same as flying between the same flight path where the scenery on live would still be the same every trip. I guess the most analogous scenario would be flying directly between Hellfire Peninsula and Netherstorm in TBC through the Twisting Nether... and instead of flying through a purple haze with some celestial bodies, you're flying through a light-bending show. While they accomplish the exact same travel, the Shadowlands one is meant to instill a sense of speed and large distance travel.
    Yeah, but this still can be accomplished with 10 seconds of this animation. Just zoom out a little and the player will feel faster already. And the exit from the portal has to be spectacular.

This now just feels like an endless animated loadingscreen, not long distance travel.