Quote Originally Posted by ws31bold View Post
    Which addon are you guys using to track the kill numbers?
    Rarity. Mandatory addon for all mount/pet/toy farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    I've spend 1100 kills on Blue Proto Drake as well, lol. By far the most for a 1%-mount for me.
    This sound so painful. Then again, it's not that unrealistic for it to happen to someone I guess. Whenever I see these kinds of attempt counts I can't help to think that maybe a portion of those attempts were unelligible for mount loot for some reason, but that's just not verifiable.

An extreme example, but I am still trying for Sha and Nalak every week, and I'm nearing 7200 attempts on both. The supposed drop rate being 1 in 2000, so that's 3 times the drop rate +already. It's safe to say I'm very unlucky on those. Can't give up after that many tries though...they will drop eventually.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    I've spend 1100 kills on Blue Proto Drake as well, lol. By far the most for a 1%-mount for me.
    Weird. Maybe this is specifically bugged somehow. That's sadly not unprecedented.

Personally I don't remember having that much trouble with this mount but it was a long time ago (though, I did get it in farm mode, not when it was current).

Oh ontopic, I did get the 150 Nazjatar Coins mount last night, though with the fix to get coins from Rares in WM, I cannot imagine that one is too rare.

Still working on the damn paragon mount from that zone (19 tries I believe). Why are there no rep tokens for Naz from the damn mission table?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Rarity. Mandatory addon for all mount/pet/toy farmers.

This sound so painful. Then again, it's not that unrealistic for it to happen to someone I guess. Whenever I see these kinds of attempt counts I can't help to think that maybe a portion of those attempts were unelligible for mount loot for some reason, but that's just not verifiable.

An extreme example, but I am still trying for Sha and Nalak every week, and I'm nearing 7200 attempts on both. The supposed drop rate being 1 in 2000, so that's 3 times the drop rate +already. It's safe to say I'm very unlucky on those. Can't give up after that many tries though...they will drop eventually.
    Yeah I drew my own personal line at the World Boss mounts. If I'm there, I might wait a few minutes and get a kill, but no way I'm going to actively farm those ones.

10+ Year Old Account

Today I finally got my most saught-after mounts, one that I've been trying to get ever since the start of BFA... Thus concluding my quest to obtain every single Island Expedition Mount. I also have the Siltwing Albatross and the Seahorse.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Weird. Maybe this is specifically bugged somehow. That's sadly not unprecedented.

Personally I don't remember having that much trouble with this mount but it was a long time ago (though, I did get it in farm mode, not when it was current).

Oh ontopic, I did get the 150 Nazjatar Coins mount last night, though with the fix to get coins from Rares in WM, I cannot imagine that one is too rare.

Still working on the damn paragon mount from that zone (19 tries I believe). Why are there no rep tokens for Naz from the damn mission table?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I drew my own personal line at the World Boss mounts. If I'm there, I might wait a few minutes and get a kill, but no way I'm going to actively farm those ones.

I got Mimiron’s Head after the revamp in Legion. I used about 4 or 5 toons since the Pre Thorim patch somewhere in late Cata. So yeah, that was ass. Anzu took me half a year to get.

So yeah, RNGesus just likes to be an asshole to most. Especially with the pristine scale and Houndlords’s doggy.

Terrified Pack Mule for 200k, why not. On my server it's been 3x that at least every other time I've seen it. Sure as hell not farming that and it never dropped accidentally, of course.

Terrified Pack Mule for 200k, why not. On my server it's been 3x that at least every other time I've seen it. Sure as hell not farming that and it never dropped accidentally, of course.
    I know perfectly well what you mean "Oww, I just killed that mob because it dazed me and I got this xxx-whatever mount". Yeah, that shit doesn't happend to me.Ever.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

FINALLY got Clutch of Ha-Li... Was doing the process across all my 12 "main toons" (the first of each class that I got to max level at any point), 11 of which have the Challenge Mode portals. Took 3-4 hours/day to go through Ha-Li and Rei Lun with them all...

Now I can just do Rei Lun, and he's easy since there's always groups regardless of Warmode or not. I wasn't so much happy as I was just relieved to see the mount drop... I HATE this system.

Now I've got the Mechagon world drops + Rotfeaster left... yaaay...

Well worth it.

I bought both the Pack Mule (not even a good farming spot for it) and Goldenmane (decent spot but I did 15k kills already and it haven't dropped) for like 120k each. It's definitely easier to just grind the gold for those than actually get them. The drop rate is crazy. Still haven't gotten the Vol'Dun one, but I'm gonna get that soon too. At 29k kills in Vol Dun and haven't seen it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Well worth it.

I bought both the Pack Mule (not even a good farming spot for it) and Goldenmane (decent spot but I did 15k kills already and it haven't dropped) for like 120k each. It's definitely easier to just grind the gold for those than actually get them. The drop rate is crazy. Still haven't gotten the Vol'Dun one, but I'm gonna get that soon too. At 29k kills in Vol Dun and haven't seen it.
    Yikes, I was already feeling great about that buy ( I'm pretty sure I bought all the others for a similar price long ago.

As someone who doesn't really do a lot of mythic+ I almost wrote this one off at the beginning of the patch, but in the end I decided that it might not be that hard after all and it's worth a shot, as it's a mount that will get discontinued and those are always worth prioritizing. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it still took about 2 weeks of work, at about 3-4 hours a day of doing keys. Feeling pretty good about it now.

You get it for the keystone master season 4, which requires you to do every bfa dungeon on +15 within the time limit

PS. As a little bonus, I went to farm some gold in normal mode mogu shan vaults and actually got a doubled elegon mount. Rarity was off because I already had it so I found it while vendoring the items. Useless, but pretty funny

Last edited by Azerate; 2020-06-16 at 12:32 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Decided to buy a 150k random box with some gold i had lying around. Unreal luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavlet View Post

Decided to buy a 150k random box with some gold i had lying around. Unreal luck.
    Thats nuts, Gratz.

The pass 3 weeks has been rather good to me :

No more mailboxes or rare hunting in the 8.3 zones.

bonus . only took 2 weeks with 5-8 runs a day.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

This is very cool! Curious about this, do you buy those containers often? If so, how many did you buy before this?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

This is very cool! Curious about this, do you buy those containers often? If so, how many did you buy before this?
    I think that i've bought about 6-7 of these in total. Previous to this one i've gotten Reins of the North Wind Drake which i already had, a few MoP Patterns, and also i got the Sun-Lute of the Pheonix King, however this was on a mage so unfortunately it wasn't added to my appearance tab. I also got a Tabard of Flame but i also already had this too.

Overall i would say that it's not worth it, i just got extremely lucky, however if you can find a dead German/French realm you can get these boxes cheap so if you want to risk it, i'd say go down this route instead of taking 1 off risks on expensive boxes on high pop realms.

Finally! I'm going to transmog my warrior with the Blackrock Foundry set as it matches perfectly with this mount.

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

I think that i've bought about 6-7 of these in total. Previous to this one i've gotten Reins of the North Wind Drake which i already had, a few MoP Patterns, and also i got the Sun-Lute of the Pheonix King, however this was on a mage so unfortunately it wasn't added to my appearance tab. I also got a Tabard of Flame but i also already had this too.

Overall i would say that it's not worth it, i just got extremely lucky, however if you can find a dead German/French realm you can get these boxes cheap so if you want to risk it, i'd say go down this route instead of taking 1 off risks on expensive boxes on high pop realms.
    I bought one of these once, way in the beginning - I'm pretty sure I got it for less then 50,000g. You know what makes you never buy one of these again? Paying 50k gold for armor that only the opposite faction can use. That was awesome - I vendered for like 40g good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I bought one of these once, way in the beginning - I'm pretty sure I got it for less then 50,000g. You know what makes you never buy one of these again? Paying 50k gold for armor that only the opposite faction can use. That was awesome - I vendered for like 40g good deal!
    Yeah that sucks, but tbh 50k for a box is a great deal. I would buy up as many as i could for that sort of price.

(Unfortunately no full screenshot since I had too many windows open)

Decided to check my twink that was parked in Deepholm, and suddenly I saw Aeonaxx (after having defeated the other rare dragon earlier today).
    Not only did I get his mount, but it also triggered the 450 mounts achievement (even though the mount window still says 449). I'm so happy right now.

To your point, I saw someone say they were at like 1200 kills for the Blue Protodrake. Now that seems impossible. I asked if they had it on Heroic. They didn't respond.

HUGE ouch if they find it out it has be on heroic. Man, i could totally feel it in my guts.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."