Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    You could have predicted this would become a clownfest.

Welcome to Classic Wow where people are still suprised its not 2005 anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Welcome to Classic Wow where people are still suprised its not 2005 anymore
    I personally did so much meth to erase all my previous wow knowledge so i could have a #nostalgia free experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I'm not arguing that people like that should play Classic. However, it's an objective fact that it affects them negatively.
    And yet, I just showed how it could impact someone positively.

The gold from ZG isn't generated out off thin air, the average run yields 1 gold in vendor items. You get 5 gold if you're lucky cause a green weapon dropped.

Bijous, Coins, Boosts, BoEs, Bloodvines, Hoodoo Dolls, Mudskunks, Souldarite are all items/services being sold/traded to other players, there's no extra money being generated.
    This gold then gets saved for later, spent on stuff like mounts (or being saved to buy flying mount come BC) effectively reducing the amount of gold in circulation.
    Or they spend it to buy stuff like flasks, boosts for alts etc. making the money go back into the economy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Sadly, the community is at fault.

I now agree with the "you think you do, but you don't". The playerbase has changed so much.
    That phrase has already been proven wrong though. People are still playing the game even if it isn’t the way we hoped. It’s still enjoyable which is why half the servers are locked from transfers or char creation. Fucking layers being back for example blows my mind.

That said I don’t disagree that the community is at fault for why the game is played how it is now. No one gave a fuck about min maxing in vanilla nor did they care about world buffs even remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavaskill View Post
    Yea, you can also be a farmer and slaughter your own cow or live out in the woods and be self sufficient. You wouldn't want to live in a severely imbalanced economy where a water costs $15.00 and a simple meal is $100.

Fix mages ability to farm like gods. Magic Absorption, Clearcasting and Improved Blizzard are an insane combination. Cap AoE damage from Blizzard, there are so many easy to implement fixes that don't really go against the #NoChanges mentality
    Funny you should say that...

In fact, that’s the EXACT situation in real life. If you’d go back 100 years in time, a loaf of bread would cost 15 cents, now it’s 1.5 dollar. Do we see people rioting because of this? No! Because while prices evolved tenfold, they did so because our income increased tenfold aswell. This is what inflation is!

Why would they do anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, I just showed how it could impact someone positively.
    This is not real life dude. They chose to play this game because they want to enjoy it. Making them do something that they dont enjoy does not affect them positively.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    This is not real life dude. They chose to play this game because they want to enjoy it. Making them do something that they dont enjoy does not affect them positively.
    And I offered two examples how they may enjoy it more.

I'm not making them do anything, there's simply an in-game incentive for them to do it, if they like.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's almost as if vanilla was meant to be an immersive online world and not a breakneck competition for tryhards.
    Your comment would make sense if WoW since Vanilla wasn't full of tryhards competing with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's almost as if vanilla was meant to be an immersive online world and not a breakneck competition for tryhards.
    Could you be so kind and show me where Blizzard says how you were supposed to play Vanilla WoW?
    Could you also be so kind to show me where Blizzard says how you are supposed to play Classic WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be a banwave once the botting and gold selling is completely getting out of control. My guess would be beginning of p6 ...

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Pulling ZG in one pull makes it an immersive online world. That's a new one.
    No, it’s just that it doesn’t fucking matter when the design isn’t about finding a way to make every minute aspect of the game a scaling, repeatable way to get everyone on an endless gear treadmill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Your comment would make sense if WoW since Vanilla wasn't full of tryhards competing with eachother.
    Competing with each other for what? The content is relatively easy. Everyone can complete everything.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    There will be a banwave once the botting and gold selling is completely getting out of control. My guess would be beginning of p6 ...
    so basically when classic is almost over lol

its been out of hand since months

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Could you be so kind and show me where Blizzard says how you were supposed to play Vanilla WoW?
    Could you also be so kind to show me where Blizzard says how you are supposed to play Classic WoW?
    Statements of intent do not need to exist when one can simply look at the design and come to conclusions about goals. For example, when there is an endless obsession with turning everything in the game into an e-sport, and everything is homogenized into a uniform paste, it’s pretty easy to see the design intent.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    We're now nine month after release and we still have servers with layers and locked due to overpopulation.
    Guess we actually did, because else the game would be empty because everyone would have stopped playing, herp derp.
    Well, many of the servers are dead and empty. There's a few islands of population that are layered and locked due to mass character transfers.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

As I stated before, I'm well aware of how inflation works. yes, more currency in an economy will lead to inflation.

My issue is you trying to state your opinion about inflation as an objective fact. Stating that they will be harmed as a result, or that their experience will be worse is simply your subjective opinion.

Two. Different. Things.

I pointed out how their experience could be better as a result, which means it's not an objective fact, merely your pinion. I'm not disputing your assertion that inflation exists, or how it occurs. I'm disputing your claim that it will objectively harm their experience.
    You pointed out how if the person does something they detest, the rest of their experience could possibly be better. This is correct. They did something they detest. Their experience is worse. By choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The purchasing power of each unit of currency diminishes with inflation, but if your income rises faster than the rate of inflation then your real income goes up.
    If you weren't aware then people's real income can go up during high inflation and the opposite can also be true.

The bad, the lazy, the shitters will have their real income go down, the good, those with a work ethic and those who are able to touch their nose with their finger will have their real income go up.

That is the true vanilla experience, and actually a true American experience, the vast majority will be shit and poor, the tiny majority will be good and rich.

Which group do you belong to?
    Yes, the bad, the lazy, and the shitters have a worse experience when inflation occurs.

I'm not a part of either group. I don't play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    You pointed out how if the person does something they detest, the rest of their experience could possibly be better. This is correct. They did something they detest. Their experience is worse. By choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the bad, the lazy, and the shitters have a worse experience when inflation occurs.

I'm not a part of either group. I don't play the game.
    So, it's subjective... good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Ignoring the outliers as that is what they are, people have the same opportunities. To say that they don't have the same choices is wrong. Work or not. Educate or not. Every choice has a sacrifice. For some the sacrifice is greater. Just because the sacrifice is greater doesn't preclude them from making a decision. Having other people make the same decision in an "easier situation" doesn't mean that they affect that original person. You have a choice. If you chose to not take the path that rewards more whether it is an engineering degree or using the most efficient farming technique it is nobody's fault but your own. If you choose NOT to take advantage then that is your own fault. What other people do is irrelevant.

Stop being wrong.
    Correct, they have the same opportunities. One of those opportunities requires them to do more of something they don't like. That leads to a worse experience. You are now saying 'do something you don't like so that you can have the same experience as before.' I think that satisfies the definition of 'worse experience.' Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Your problem is that people who don’t play the game don’t get to play the game?

You have to realise a videogame does not equate to real life, because the videogame is an opt-in scenario, real life isn’t.

So, you’ve DECIDED to play the game. The idea you should be able to play the game, and be succesful regardless of what you do, is so entitled it’s ludicrous.

Or do you also believe super mario should be playable without using the jump button, because you don’t like it?
    If jumping is added to mario, and I don't like it, yes, my experience is now objectively worse. Other people benefit from jumping, and I do too, but it's not my prefered experience. My experience is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Opposite to real life, you do not need any money(gold) at all ingame because you can just farm it yourself.

Want some flask and pots? Play a char with herbing/alchemy and make them yourself. It doesn't matter at all how expensive a finished flask is selling on the AH because you can make your own without depending on anyone else.
    The entire discussion is centered around a person who does not want to farm.

- - - Updated - - -

So, it's subjective... good to know.
    No, since they were required to do something worse to achieve the same result, that is objectively worse.