Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The 8 degree thing is so wheelchairs can easily go up them without struggle. You need much more force to wheel yourself up a ramp than it takes to walk up a ramp (assuming you can walk). 11 degrees should not be a struggle for any ambulatory person.

That being said, I wish the Twittersphere would stop GIVING A SHIT about stupid things like this. If it's related to an actual medical condition that he's keeping secret, and relates to the Walter Reed visit last year.......then hound reporters to look into it til it's uncovered. Lying about a medical condition isn't illegal, but it can be politically damaging. Let's not have a Twitter circle jerk about how feeble the dude is. We know that. Let's talk about how he ended anti-discrimination protections this past week NOT ONLY for trans people, but struck "sexual orientation" from the rule as well, so gay people aren't covered by it either.
    I mean, many people have brought up the video being further possible proof of medical conditions, both mental and physical that he and the rest of the white house are hiding from everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I mean, many people have brought up the video being further possible proof of medical conditions, both mental and physical that he and the rest of the white house are hiding from everyone.
    And a lot of people are only bringing it up be he himself brought it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 8 degree thing is so wheelchairs can easily go up them without struggle
    Oh, and just so we're clear, in NYState at least, it's even more shallow for H-ranked buildings (which are medical buildings). 8:1 drops to 12:1.

On topic:

1) Kudlow went on CNN of all places to say you should probably wear a mask at Trump's rally. While he is backed by many health experts I...don't see that happening. Hopefully they're screened and the results are used correctly, or Trump's older, poorer, no-health-insurance voters will just flat-out die.

1a) Kudlow also said naming PPP loan recipients was never part of the deal. "It's just taxpayer money," he didn't say but I'm pretending he did, "why would the most transparent administration ever reveal who was directly handed money by Trump and his close personal co-conspirators?" Kudlow handwaves the fact that the SBA and previous PPP programs in the past do, in fact, release the names of the recipients.

2) Putin trolls the US by how well they're handing COVID-19 and we're not. Then he ruins it by basically saying "I see the US is having protests too. Nobody would ever protest Russia. Nope. They have too many other things to worry about, like food poisoning and open windows."

3) Yet another high-ranking military member, W's DefSec Gates, came out against Trump's use of military force on unarmed civilians. Also, "at least he hasn’t started any new wars" is the single weakest statement of support anyone has ever given anyone.

4) Trump's token black friend Ben Carson says maybe Trump shouldn't be comparing Trump to Lincoln. He also tried to "What He Meant Was" Trump's "dominate the streets" line.

5) The headline "Texas Sets a New Record for Coronavirus Hospitalizations" says enough by itself. But let's not forget Florida, Alabama and South Carolina.

6) Police were breaking up a COVID party -- yeah, people are still doing those -- in Baltimore when someone showed up and shot a cop. Details are still sketchy, but the Baltimore police had this to say:

The decision to pull the trigger is not made when the trigger is pulled, it’s made when a person walks out of the door with a gun, so it is about the illegal carrying of guns and the willingness to use those guns, even against law enforcement.So it has to be about those violent offenders, who we are working very hard to get off the street and keep off of the streets of Baltimore.
    Expect Trump and the 2A people to take offense to being called murderers, just because they shoot people in the torso.

6a) The shooting was on Winchester Street. You can't make this up.
    6b) The cop is out of surgery and recovering.

7) Trump threatens to stop watching NFL games if players kneel. Yes, this was worthy of his time. This followed a tweet by Gaetz:

I’d rather the US not have a soccer team than have a soccer team that won’t stand for the National Anthem. You shouldn’t get to play under our flag as our national team if you won’t stand when it is raised.
    Which party was defending the Constitution, again?

8) And the head of the Tulsa Health Dept said "I think it’s an honor for Tulsa to have a sitting president want to come and visit our community, but not during a pandemic. I’m concerned about our ability to protect anyone who attends a large, indoor event, and I’m also concerned about our ability to ensure the president stays safe as well. COVID is here in Tulsa, it is transmitting very efficiently,” Dart added. “I wish we could postpone this to a time when the virus isn’t as large a concern as it is today."

When the county's leading doctor says "I can't promise we can keep Trump safely healthy" and they do it anyway...well, I guess that's just Trump signing the waiver?

Politicians have hid medical conditions for time immemorial. Reagan, by all accounts, had dementia for the last half of his second term, a fact that they still deny to this day.

FDR knew he had polio and wouldn't discuss it when running for President.

There's a whole arc in The West Wing about this, where the President has MS but didn't tell anyone because he wanted to be President and it didn't affect him mentally or his ability to make decisions so he justified keeping it secret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Politicians have hid medical conditions for time immemorial.
    I'm sure that's true.

How many of them said they were the healthiest man to ever run, and also, accused their opponents of having dementia or strokes, while doing so? Asking for a morbidly obese man.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm sure that's true.

How many of them said they were the healthiest man to ever run, and also, accused their opponents of having dementia or strokes, while doing so? Asking for a morbidly obese man.
    Man, if we had to make a list of the evil, stupid shit he's done, him calling Hillary low energy or calling out Biden's gaffes wouldn't even be on the top 1000. That's why I don't give a shit about it. It just takes up air.

For example, if you've watched the news this past week, you'd have no idea protests were still going on, massively, around the country. Now that they're all peaceful (except for the flare up in Atlanta which was caused by another unjustified cop shooting of an unarmed black man), it gets no coverage. Except, of course, when a Wendy's burns in the previously mentioned Atlanta flare up. Instead, they're like, "Oh man, is Trump sick? Why can't he hold a glass up with one hand?!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    7) Trump threatens to stop watching NFL games if players kneel. Yes, this was worthy of his time. This followed a tweet by Gaetz:
    People protest peacefully and idiots go "no, not like that", while at the same time condemning protests that get violent. They are not even inconveniencing anyone by kneeling, like blocking traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Man, if we had to make a list of the evil, stupid shit he's done, him calling Hillary low energy or calling out Biden's gaffes wouldn't even be on the top 1000. That's why I don't give a shit about it. It just takes up air.

For example, if you've watched the news this past week, you'd have no idea protests were still going on, massively, around the country. Now that they're all peaceful (except for the flare up in Atlanta which was caused by another unjustified cop shooting of an unarmed black man), it gets no coverage. Except, of course, when a Wendy's burns in the previously mentioned Atlanta flare up. Instead, they're like, "Oh man, is Trump sick? Why can't he hold a glass up with one hand?!?"
    Remember he and Fox News and other right wingers pushed the "something wrong with Hillary" very hard when she stumbled. Yeah, it's dirty politics if you want to play that, but when could be an actually serious medical condition, the public should know. Now, yes this probably never happen unless it is so blatant out in public. I'm still waiting for the narrative the next few years down the line how Trump fought so courageously while ill in office. Actually I thought that was his ticket out to resign, yet he is such a narcissist, he can't do that.

As above I linked the article and yes it is all over social media. Part of it is tongue in cheek and other is serious. The best part about is Trump can't handle it, like any egomaniac. The best part was he responded on Twitter with some lame excuse. Better yet, is all the video of Obama running up the ramp (yes he was running up, not down) to troll Trump more.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Remember he and Fox News and other right wingers pushed the "something wrong with Hillary" very hard when she stumbled. Yeah, it's dirty politics if you want to play that, but when could be an actually serious medical condition, the public should know. Now, yes this probably never happen unless it is so blatant out in public. I'm still waiting for the narrative the next few years down the line how Trump fought so courageously while ill in office. Actually I thought that was his ticket out to resign, yet he is such a narcissist, he can't do that.
    That's where I saw a potential resignation path - a medical condition, fought bravely, blah blah blah. It would require him to show weakness and contrition, however, so ultimately I don't see it happening.

However, if he's facing jail time, as in front and center at a sentencing hearing, then it will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That's where I saw a potential resignation path - a medical condition, fought bravely, blah blah blah. It would require him to show weakness and contrition, however, so ultimately I don't see it happening.

However, if he's facing jail time, as in front and center at a sentencing hearing, then it will come up.
    I can imagine Trump showing up to his hearing using a walker, just like Harvey Weinstein did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The issue here is Reagan and Trump hiding conditions that impair their cognitive capacity.
    They were/are not hiding it very well. Reagan is obvious suffering from some form of dementia late into his first term, Trump could just be an idiot that cannot read well ontop of being old and fat. Obviously getting ollder slows you down, but Trump reading something has always been a slow boring mess. When he goes off script he picks up his pace a lot because he turns into angry old man and gets energized.

I legitimately don't care about Trump's ramp issues...

It's a distraction and is actually pretty mean spirited. Older people have mobility issues. We're stooping to his level by making it a big deal regardless of how stupid his tweet was.

Concentrate on the fact he just ripped away protections for the LGBT community, 117k+ dead people from covid and multitude of other shit he's done.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I legitimately don't care about Trump's ramp issues...

It's a distraction and is actually pretty mean spirited. Older people have mobility issues. We're stooping to his level by making it a big deal regardless of how stupid his tweet was.

Concentrate on the fact he just ripped away protections for the LGBT community, 117k+ dead people from covid and multitude of other shit he's done.
    I think there is a distinct line to be drawn regarding Trump's "ramp" issue. The fact that he lied about it, while others don't, is especially important. Combine that with the glass issue and we're seeing legitimate signs of physical ailment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Politicians have hid medical conditions for time immemorial. Reagan, by all accounts, had dementia for the last half of his second term, a fact that they still deny to this day.

FDR knew he had polio and wouldn't discuss it when running for President.

There's a whole arc in The West Wing about this, where the President has MS but didn't tell anyone because he wanted to be President and it didn't affect him mentally or his ability to make decisions so he justified keeping it secret.
    I mean Edith Wilson was basically President for a year and a half after Woodrow's stroke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think there is a distinct line to be drawn regarding Trump's "ramp" issue. The fact that he lied about it, while others don't, is especially important. Combine that with the glass issue and we're seeing legitimate signs of physical ailment.
    I prefer to point to him not remembering events that take place just weeks before, to be better than the ramp and glass issue, in both showing his fuck ups and being so senile he doesn’t remember them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I can imagine Trump showing up to his hearing using a walker, just like Harvey Weinstein did.
    I prefer to say he will have a pace maker and then act like his microphone box, is 100% proof that Trump lives in an iron lung. As Trump supporters did with Hillary...

Edit: Two posts back to back, starting with “I prefer”... disgusting... I’m not changing it, but sympathize with everyone who finds it super annoying. Sorry...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that's true.

The internet, true to form, has branded the controversy over Trump's declining health thusly:

WaterGait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It is relevant since Trump makes it relevant in his previous attacks against other people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It is relevant since Trump makes it relevant in his previous attacks against other people

There's always a goddamn tweet isn't there.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    There's always a goddamn tweet isn't there.
    Well, Trump lives in the ultimate glass house. And he throws approximately 100 stones a day. And each stone is recorded for internet eternity.

Trump thinks that Twitter is his ultimate weapon. When in reality it is his greatest weakness.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.

Would you all like to see the result of some internet sleuthing?

Yes, this is apparently a real ad on CL.