Lightbulb Herald of the titans for other raids?

I thought it'd be a pretty cool thing, like the herald of the titans thing where you make a character solely for it at level 80 with correct item level. Could be extended for other raids, it'd be a cool way to reutilize older content and breathe life into other parts of the world that aren't solely the newest expansion.

i think that's more what timewalking is for.

herald of the titans is cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i think that's more what timewalking is for.

herald of the titans is cool though.
    I guess, but with timewalking everyone is the same level 120 regardless in the outer world. It'd give the world life with level 80 people or level 70, 85 and so on

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they not waste their resource on legacy content. That content had its time and that time has passed. If you didn't get to raid ulduar when it was brand new, there's always other options outside of retail to play it. Besides, we have timewalking for Ulduar is people want to see it. WoW has mostly and will continue to be an end game focused game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Herald of the titans is infinitely more interesting than timewalking. Bringing it in some form, to other raids would be cool for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be the real herald of the titans due to how the talents worked back then and worked now. You are now even scaled down far more powerful on your class than you were in wrath.

I also think classes like Brewmaster and their stagger ability would make alagon high (physical?) hits much easier to tank, you used to get spanked fairly hard. Or at least i did on my DK.

I find it a bit odd that herald of the titans was kept in while they removed all other content of a similar nature, such as the grand tournament and no death naxx runs. Those were very specific challenges for their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It wouldn't be the real herald of the titans due to how the talents worked back then and worked now. You are now even scaled down far more powerful on your class than you were in wrath.

I also think classes like Brewmaster and their stagger ability would make alagon high (physical?) hits much easier to tank, you used to get spanked fairly hard. Or at least i did on my DK.

I find it a bit odd that herald of the titans was kept in while they removed all other content of a similar nature, such as the grand tournament and no death naxx runs. Those were very specific challenges for their time.
    they did 'technically' remove it, just that blizz can't code properly for shit and it was still obtainable if you met all the criteria properly as it was tagged a 'hidden' FoS, unlike the conqueror of ulduar etc which were flat out removed from the game, same with undying/immortal.

as far as the OP is concerned, it will never happen, not just because the game now is literally a whole new game compared to what it used to be, doing herald when i did back in wrath and doing it again to help a friend during cata was a huge change and the power spike from that was huge, now it's just a piss take how easy it is with the stripped down classes being so easy to play and almost none of the raid mechanics in the game anymore like aside from tank swap dungeon trash now have more mechanics than most raid bosses in those era raids due to the great pruning, because they removed the spells that dealt with those mechanics they were forced to remove the mechanics, i would rather not have fond memories of old encounters bastardised by some meaningless 'oh hey look at this old content here's a new title for it by jumping through some hoops that didn't exist back then because we need to reuse these old assets', hard pass.

Pass. Herald of the titans is fine because it existed when the content was current and if you want that title you gotta do some extra special things for it. Going forward if they wanted to create more stuff like that it would probably have to be similar to challenge mode dungeons in mop or wod (or mage tower in legion) but instead of locking them forever you could just get the respective level and do them