Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I'm certain Tyrande and Malfurion would see anything other than physical presence to help heal their lands as an insult.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Tbh I'm certain Tyrande and Malfurion would see anything other than physical presence to help heal their lands as an insult.
    They might still see that as an insult as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Tbh it doesn't really matter. I suspect both of them will be retiring soon after (or even during) Shadowlands. Maybe Tyrande will go on, but not as part of the playable Alliance anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh it doesn't really matter. I suspect both of them will be retiring soon after (or even during) Shadowlands. Maybe Tyrande will go on, but not as part of the playable Alliance anymore.
    it's taken too long to reach that point, IMO. Malfurion should have been sent off in the War of Thorns (if not sooner.... he should have died from embarrassment in Val'sharah).

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'd mind assistance from Tauren, shaman, or druids. Hollow words and money mean less than rebuilding what's been destroyed. I don't think they want papers or cash, but some tangible visible proof of improvement.

Even if they're still furious (and rightly so), it still means something more than buying or writing off lives taken.

I don't think they'd mind assistance from Tauren, shaman, or druids. Hollow words and money mean less than rebuilding what's been destroyed. I don't think they want papers or cash, but some tangible visible proof of improvement.

Even if they're still furious (and rightly so), it still means something more than buying or writing off lives taken.
    I dunno. They still despise illidan and he didn't wipe out their nation and leave it a ashen crater/stump

Same way it did after Garrosh and before Thrall and back on Draenor.

Playing the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Same way it did after Garrosh and before Thrall and back on Draenor.

Playing the victims.
    "We dindu nuffin! It was all Blackhand/Gul'dan/Orgrim/the Legion/Garrosh/Sylvanas! Each of them had a packed schedule like you wouldn't believe! We were off picking flowers!"
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-15 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "We dindu nuffin! It was all Blackhand/Gul'dan/Orgrim/the Legion/Garrosh/Sylvanas! Each of them had a packed schedule like you wouldn't believe! We were off picking flowers!"
    New racial for Horde races:
    Wasntme (passive) - you have 100% chance to avoid responsibility for your actions.
    [Infraction]
    [?! ?! lol ?! ?!]
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-06-15 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

3+ Year Old Account
    I just want the faction conflict to DIE. The Horde in WoW was never meant to be the evil faction. That should have stayed in Warcraft II. One of the reasons I play Alliance (despite being a Horde fan), besides Worgen being my favorite race, is I don't want to be the designated villain. Sure, the Alliance does do bad things, but in comparison, the Horde is described doing more, and the "good" members are cowards like Baine who exiles his own people when they don't agree on his assessment of the Turajo Massacre.

why would the horde pay reparations for a war that was started by the alliance by having SI7 agents attack and kill goblin miners or by moving what are basicly wmds through there city
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I think you would be surprised by how many horde player choose to side with Slvanas
    It was more like Horde players wanted to side with Sylvanas out of spite of having another warchief be the designated villain for that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by heroim View Post
    why would the horde pay reparations for a war that was started by the alliance by having SI7 agents attack and kill goblin miners or by moving what are basicly wmds through there city
    Didn't Genn start the war in Legion when he attacked Sylvanas?

5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. They still despise illidan and he didn't wipe out their nation and leave it a ashen crater/stump
    But Illidan is a situation that complicated his relationship with them on multiple personal fronts. Tyrande and Malufrion have proven to be more accepting of people who work to prove themselves against a negative past/connotation. Even when furious with Anduin, they still didn't turn away his offer of sanctuary for their people.

I think supporting their cause and respecting their anger will go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by heroim View Post
    Imagine unironic "muh dark laydee" posting after 8.3.

The Second War's resolution already reminds me a lot about the outcome of WW I when it comes to real life parallels, a war that would become synonimous with two things; trench warfare and war reparations. Not much good can come from such a turn to take in the story, although it would leave the option for Blizzard to once again address the Horde's future in a W3esque way sometime down the line.

The blame will squarelly fall on Sylvanas and "her followers", which is such an ambiguous term that it is impossible to tell them appart from those who were against her, save for the major actors who stood against her. There obviously won't be any reparations, although they should definitely happen. How does one repay for taking an entire capital full of lives with the millenia-old capital itself? There really is no way to "pay" that back, not to mention all the other trouble caused as a resultant, from dragging the Zandalari and subsequently the Kul Tirans into this war.

Blizzard has set this up by having an Alliance leader who sees peace as reparation enough and that is where it will end.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-15 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    What trolls' lands were stolen that are relevant to the horde? Zandalar live on their own island. Darkspear migrated to the Darkspear Isles of their own volition, willfully giving up their land as that is what their leader thought they should do.
    The trolls in the horde don't have any land that was taken from them.
    Other, non-horde aligned trolls do. But that's how wars work. The Amani had aggressed on the elves in Quel'thelas. The Revantusks were at war with the Wildhammers.

- - - Updated - - -

Some revisionist history there. Sylvanas doesn't get to ask for peace from the man she killed the child of.
    And in Arathi, Sylvanas attacked first. Calia Menethil isn't a defector.
    Sylvanas wasn't asking for peace from him as he was still member of the alliance and militarically serving the high king as high king was the leader of alliance armies and it wasn't sylvanases fault his son jumped infront of arrow not meant for his son.

Neither was calia a member of the alliance and calia knowingly tried to cause acting leaders of forsaken(desolate council) to defect who knew national secrets to join Alliance nor did anduin at that point state he will not accept defectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Imagine unironic "muh dark laydee" posting after 8.3.
    I do not like sylvanas never have but people need to stop acting like the alliance are blameless in everything
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

--- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-15 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Tyrande might be angry regardless, but Malfurion really doesn't sound like the sort of guy who would turn down help over a grudge, regardless of how justified said grudge is. And he's more likely to be in charge of reconstruction efforts while his wife leads the search for Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande and the elves that are following her are pass the point of reparations...did you all not here what she said to Anduin? We don't even know if she would be only satisfied with Sylvanas's death, she could turn her warpath on the rest of the horde later on.