Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    People give modern WoW writers shit, but their apparent stance that TBC lore and a good chunk of Cata lore (most everything that isn't Worgen and Goblin related) is garbage is 100% right.

Most of TBC is complete fucking crap. Illidan and Kael are character assassinations and the Sunwell turns into an anime girl. Anyone that defends that stuff beyond nostalgia deserves ridicule.
    To be honest, I don't get people that expect WoW story to make sense. Not only it has limitations of MMO, but it's also so successful it's de facto endless story (in sense that devs can't really plan how to wrap up WoW right now). Never saw TV Show with good writing that last more than 6 seasons (usually quality of writing drop long before that) and Warcraft has over 20 years and 13 'seasons'.

That's why from WoW story I expect cool characters and events, not plot that will blow me away. Sometimes they deliver.

Btw, Warcraft III wasn't a masterpiece neither.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think it says only that this spirit was among the last to arrive before the drought, not that it was linked to the drought happening afterwards.
    And i didn't say it was. The drought is linked to the souls going to the Maw, not Ysera to the drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Time flows differently in the Shadowlands. Since Ysera is in Ardenweald it suggests the system didn’t break until after sometime after the Val’sharah quest line.
    there was a literal divine intervention for Ysera so that's not really a good way of telling. She couldve been otw to the maw until Elune scooped her soul up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    To be honest, I don't get people that expect WoW story to make sense. Not only it has limitations of MMO, but it's also so successful it's de facto endless story (in sense that devs can't really plan how to wrap up WoW right now). Never saw TV Show with good writing that last more than 6 seasons (usually quality of writing drop long before that) and Warcraft has over 20 years and 13 'seasons'.

That's why from WoW story I expect cool characters and events, not plot that will blow me away. Sometimes they deliver.

What people consider good tv shows well there is no definite metric. (People hate Big Bang theory on here and even on the internet and yet I find it very entertaining and I like it and that show went on for awhile). Really any "quality in writing" drops honestly people more fickle then actually having some sort of standard of quality. So "making sense" isn't really Warcraft problem.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    there was a literal divine intervention for Ysera so that's not really a good way of telling. She couldve been otw to the maw until Elune scooped her soul up
    It is because we also know the drought didn't happen until after Ysera's arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And i didn't say it was. The drought is linked to the souls going to the Maw, not Ysera to the drought.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood the second part of your sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What people consider good tv shows well there is no definite metric. (People hate Big Bang theory on here and even on the internet and yet I find it very entertaining and I like it and that show went on for awhile). Really any "quality in writing" drops honestly people more fickle then actually having some sort of standard of quality. So "making sense" isn't really Warcraft problem.
    I mean you have people who laud the original SW trilogy as if itbusbsome gods gift to writing, when it's basic and cliched writing at best. But when compared to the newer trilogies, which are equally bad, they act as if the new movies are an affront to writing itself.

Yeah but it would be solely a decision made for the dumbest part of the audience.
    That happens all the time. They also break continuity just for the fun of it. So eh..

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

I mean you can't really argue that the writing and general cohesion of the story has gotten progressively worse over the years. Especially jumping off a cliff in BfA.

The story in BfA is so disjointed that a newcomer wouldn't really have any clue what the hell was going on.

Sword in planet?
    Azerite, precious "game changing" war resource.
    Faction war re-ignited?
    Lol Sylvanas commits genocide on a whole race.
    Oh for some reason we are going to recruit new allies in Zandalar/Kultiras?
    Now we're fighting a coldwar in these 2 new zones.
    Blood trolls and a fake old god? What does this have to do with Alliance, at all?
    Oh now we're attacking Zandalar capital. OK. More faction war stuff but mostly on 2 new islands.
    Naga lol. Whole zone raised from the sea. A trap? The knife is back? Sylvanas cuck boyfriend just sailed us off a cliff then disappeared? Wut?
    Oh now the old gods being hinted show themselves.
    Oh he's attacking old irrelevant zones.
    Old God is "dead".

^That's three whole expansion ideas shoved into one. A disjointed, rushed mess of a story that ultimately makes zero sense.

The whole time this is happening Sylvanas' insane Anime no jutsu powers keep increasing. She keeps destroying everyone in her path and is apparently playing 4D chess and is 40 steps ahead of everyone else.

This is all because apparently the current writing team views Sylvanas as their waifu.

It's just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This is all because apparently the current writing team views Sylvanas as their waifu.

It's just bad.
    Not really. They want to create an incredibly hateable and emotionally charged villain that the fanbase really wants to destroy, to the point of emotionally manipulating the audience.

If they loved Sylvanas they wouldn't have her exiled from the Horde and then (likely) killed as a raid boss while acting as a stooge for a different villain entirely.

The "Blizzard loves Sylvanas/wants fans to suffer" take is probably the lowest intelligence I've seen from this fandom in a while.

This is the same audience that believes Arthas won't have a big part because Ion said so while also calling Ion a liar.
    I mean. Obviously they're going to play the Arthas card somewhere.

Doesn't change the fact that Ion is a liar. A pathological liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Not really. They want to create an incredibly hateable and emotionally charged villain that the fanbase really wants to destroy, to the point of emotionally manipulating the audience.

If they loved Sylvanas they wouldn't have her exiled from the Horde and then (likely) killed as a raid boss while acting as a stooge for a different villain entirely.

The "Blizzard loves Sylvanas/wants fans to suffer" take is probably the lowest intelligence I've seen from this fandom in a while.
    Save your energy, its not worth discussing with that one and Sylvanas topics have been done to death >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean. Obviously they're going to play the Arthas card somewhere.

Doesn't change the fact that Ion is a liar. A pathological liar.
    And you miss the point entirely. The SAME PEOPLE that call Ion a liar then get mad about him saying Arthas has a bit part in Shadowlands, taking it as the truth.

This fanbase is fucking stupid.

It doesn't make me hate Sylvanas.

It makes me hate the writers.

Also. I've got money on Sylvanas being another Kerrigan. "She was right all along!!!" - I know that's a horrible take. But honestly, people called her starting the war for her own gain. That ended up being true.

The best way Shadowlands could end is Arthas decapitating Cuckthanos in front of Sylvanas before anime teleporting behind her and impaling her on a sword.

10/10. Would watch again.

Then we can forget this horrible "arc" ever happened.

- - - Updated - - -

And you miss the point entirely. The SAME PEOPLE that call Ion a liar then get mad about him saying Arthas has a bit part in Shadowlands, taking it as the truth.

This fanbase is fucking stupid.
    Oh no. I get your point. I just don't like missing an opportunity to call Ion a liar.

MMO-Champ is perhaps the best possible example of how stupid this fanbase is.

Also. I've got money on Sylvanas being another Kerrigan. "She was right all along!!!" - I know that's a horrible take. But honestly, people called her starting the war for her own gain. That ended up being true.
    Yeah, and people insisted the war would end with her as a hero or being forgiven by the Horde. Didn't happen.

How many more times are people's predictions on how Blizz will fuck them going to get blown away?

Honestly I dont get why people say Sylvanas will be Kerrigan 2.0... there are literally NO similarities between them (No, having a vaguely similar backstory is not valid). With Kerrigan, it was obvious they wanted to redeem her. They literally said at the beginning of the story that she was the sole salvation of the universe. With Sylvanas, they have literally done the opposite, they have repeatedly said she is a threat who must be stopped and is dangerous to Azeroth, and now they just gave her a new model which just screams "Raid boss".

Oh and Starcraft never tried to imply Kerrigan was "right all along". Kerrigan herself admits that what she committed was horrible. That is why she decides to fulfill her destiny and atone for her sins. Kerrigan was simply the object of a prophecy. But prophecies dont belong in Warcraft, as both WC3 and Legion proved, so Sylvanas wont receive such a character arc.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-06-14 at 11:22 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Save your energy, its not worth discussing with that one and Sylvanas topics have been done to death >.>
    Oh I'm sorry. Thought this was named "Discussion". Something you're clearly afraid of doing.

Maybe we should change the name of this thread to "9.0 Circlejerk." and lock it to the 5-10 people who've kept it going for almost 3000 pages. The ones rabidly posting "NEW BILD WEN???".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and people insisted the war would end with her as a hero or being forgiven by the Horde. Didn't happen.

How many more times are people's predictions on how Blizz will fuck them going to get blown away?
    Uhhh.

Blizzard keeping Sylvanas alive with her insane anime death powerzzzz and her defeating the Lich King with a wave of her hand is "fucking them".

I'm quite sure there was a collective audible groan when everyone watched Sylvanas appear in yet another CGI expansion cinematic.

Plus - they've playing the long game here.

Just wait for the cinematic where Sylvanas yells "SHADOWLANDS IS FREE" after revealing she was doing it for the good of the world all along.

Blizzard keeping Sylvanas alive with her insane anime death powerzzzz and her defeating the Lich King with a wave of her hand is "fucking them".
    No, it's to set her up once again as a villain to kill and to exhibit the powers of the Jailer being stronger than the Lich King, even if hardcore fans don't like that. The intent wasn't to spite customers or hate them.

What if Elunes intervention caused the arbiter to fail?
    Haven't read a great deal of alpha but the Arbiter seems quite robotic. Maybe it was in the process of assigning Ysera an afterlife and Elunes intervention interrupted its programming so to speak.

On a side note it would of been cool to send each of the new 4 horseman to a zone. Would of made for some interesting interactions in maldraxus

gonna need that reveal stream this week im dying over here, theres at most 50 people online on alpha and this thread is basically dead aswell, they need to announce beta and make soulbinds playable already or are they gonna hide them as long as they can and just keep calling them their "tuning nobs for covenants" while not showing them and then theyre gonna be garbage and change nothing