Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Shadowlands Alpha: Nathrezim

I keep seeing mention of Nathrezim/Dreadlords showing up in the Shadowlands Alpha (specifically Maldraxxus it seems) - can anyone provide specific examples/source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post
    I keep seeing mention of Nathrezim/Dreadlords showing up in the Shadowlands Alpha (specifically Maldraxxus it seems) - can anyone provide specific examples/source for this?
    According to this page

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Denathrius

The Venthyr "Sire" was once a "Lord of Dread" implying he was a dreadlord before coming to Shadowlands.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post

Denathrius looks like a dreadlord without the wings, while none of the other Venthyr have horns or weird bent legs. The lore is that they were created by Denathrius so he could be a a Nathrezim who created a thrall race in his image.

Also yeah that one quest text calls him out as a Lord of Dread.

EDIT: Reading your post, there aren't any mentions of them being in Maldraxxus. Revendreth seems to be the zone that will most likely feature them or delve into them.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2020-06-14 at 05:00 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

Denathrius looks like a dreadlord without the wings, while none of the other Venthyr have horns or weird bent legs. The lore is that they were created by Denathrius so he could be a a Nathrezim who created a thrall race in his image.

Also yeah that one quest text calls him out as a Lord of Dread.

EDIT: Reading your post, there aren't any mentions of them being in Maldraxxus. Revendreth seems to be the zone that will most likely feature them or delve into them.
    Gotcha - reading around this past week I've seen some mentions of dreadlords in Maldraxxus but wasn't able to find a source.

Also funny coincidence: that image of Denathrius you posted^ (with the horns/hooves circled) is the exact one I made and posted to Reddit when the model was first put in the Alpha!

5+ Year Old Account
    De
    NATHRIUS

the NATHREZIM
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    De
    NATHRIUS

the NATHREZIM
    Don't forget Castle NATHRia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I see Mal'Ganis got a new disguise.

Mal'Ganis was one of the nathrezim sent by Archimonde as a jailor of the Lich King.

The plot thickens..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

Mal'Ganis was one of the nathrezim sent by Archimonde as a jailor of the Lich King.

The plot thickens..

So Mal'Ganis is older than even when mortal life arose in the universe?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    Retcon incoming: Mal'ganis isn't actually a dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Imagine if Sargeras banished his ass to the Shadowlands, hence why he's stuck in Revendreth...

I'd laugh my ass off.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, tbf here, when Light/Shadow created the Universe, so were Demons and the Nether. So...

It's not "impossible", tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Imagine if Sargeras banished his ass to the Shadowlands, hence why he's stuck in Revendreth...

I'd laugh my ass off.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, tbf here, when Light/Shadow created the Universe, so were Demons and the Nether. So...

It's not "impossible", tbh.
    I can see that explanation, demons came before Life and death showed up.

Since demons are just a chaotic mixture light/void.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I can see that explanation, demons came before Life and death showed up.

Since demons are just a chaotic mixture light/void.
    Exactly. Besides, Demon's can't really "die", like go to the Shadowlands or whatever, as they have their own afterlife, y'know? Demons are basically required for the Cosmic Balance. And then, as a response to this, the Titans became a thing. Hence, balancing the whole Order/Disorder ordeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    He could be. The Nathrezim are ancient and immortal, and the Twisting Nether likely predates the physical universe given its nature as an area where Light and Void exist in a chaotic and ever-shifting profusion. I would imagine the Twisting Nether was probably one of the first dimensions borne out of the primeval tussle between the Light and the Void, with the more stable and altogether slower physical universe arising later.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Not to mention this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    Sire Denathrius name is made up of bits from the most popular Dread Lords names.

Detheroc, Balnazzar, Varimathras, Tichondrius.
    Only missing Mal'ganis to argue these are all the Dread Lords who matter storywise.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Exactly. Besides, Demon's can't really "die", like go to the Shadowlands or whatever, as they have their own afterlife, y'know? Demons are basically required for the Cosmic Balance. And then, as a response to this, the Titans became a thing. Hence, balancing the whole Order/Disorder ordeal.
    And then Sargeras has to go and screw all that balance up again by turning chaotic hordes of demons into an effective Legion, because he can't help but bring order to things, even if he got turned into a demon himself ^^

Did my reaching go to far you think?

As a jailor I didn't mean THE jailor, but a jailor. One jailor in each zone! I am convinced, Denathrius must be Mal'ganis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Plot twist:

Mal'ganis is the Arbiter!

Edit: I like how the questioning of my theory is defended somewhat in this thread. Demons are old yall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Not to mention this:
    Why do you think Mal'ganis is left out? So they think we would think Denathrius can't be Mal'ganis then since he is not included. But we know better!! Nice try blizzard.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-16 at 07:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For the love of Metzen can we please have no more demons? I’ll put a good old Red Forman size 11 in someone’s butt if the SL get invaded by the Burning Legion 3 (The Demons take Manhattan) In 9.3, for example.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

The plot thickens..
    There are several possible explanations :

One fact first = Denathrius is one of the most ancient being of the shadowlands, he can't be any known dreadlord in disguise, and there is a " Nathrian religion" too

1- Denathrius is an ancient-proto Nathrezim
    2- Denathrius created the Nathrezim ( Nathrezim could mean something like " servant of Nath " maybe, perhaps ), those rebelled or tried to overthrown the shadowlands or invited the void into the SL, were banished and became demons later in contact with the twisting nether, some continued to dab into the void and encounter Sargeras on Telogrus , and told him of the Void Lords plans ( see chronicles ^^ )
    3- Denathrius was a demon who somehow became mortal and died and was put in charge into the SL
    4- Denathrius is a creation of some higher being who also created the Nathrezim
    5- something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    There are several possible explanations :

One fact first = Denathrius is one of the most ancient being of the shadowlands, he can't be any known dreadlord in disguise, and there is a " Nathrian religion" too

1- Denathrius is an ancient-proto Nathrezim
    2- Denathrius created the Nathrezim ( Nathrezim could mean something like " servant of Nath " maybe, perhaps ), those rebelled or tried to overthrown the shadowlands or invited the void into the SL, were banished and became demons later in contact with the twisting nether, some continued to dab into the void and encounter Sargeras on Telogrus , and told him of the Void Lords plans ( see chronicles ^^ )
    3- Denathrius was a demon who somehow became mortal and died and was put in charge into the SL
    4- Denathrius is a creation of some higher being who also created the Nathrezim
    5- something else ?
    Time is complicated in Shadowlands Ion said.... :P

Nah, you are probably on to something ^^

Where is Mal'ganis though. Maybe when we fight the Void Lords we'll see him again.

I am getting convinced about Denathrius being related to the Nathrezim though. His model and some of the other stuff people have said here makes sense. I mean lore says Nathrezim made the LK armor, and the maker of the armor is in Shadowlands. Probably some relations there.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-16 at 09:14 AM.