Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance are so bad at pvp that it hurts

What the hell is happening? Literally every bg out of 20 We have zero wins in AB/AV

I had 6 AB runs where horde captured all of the nodes

It feels like horde premade all the time

Because you're solo queueing, obviously you won't see any ally premades, since why would they queue with fewer than full?

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    What the hell is happening? Literally every bg out of 20 We have zero wins in AB/AV

I had 6 AB runs where horde captured all of the nodes

It feels like horde premade all the time
    Probably because the good people group together lol. The only time to solo queue, is you need a mark or two for concerted effort. Like everything in classic, youre going to be more successful if youre grouped and coordinated. So essentially, alliance arent intrinsically bad, youre just solo queueing with the other bad players, who dont group and the result is anecdotal experience.

I got roughly 50/50 record. Especially flag carry BGs, i can win them by myself with a healer or another dps assisting. I just hop on their efc like i should. People busy dueling in mid, efc is alone. Not hard to kill him.

People are eager to spit toxicity if we are losing but not so eager to actually coordinate the team.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I have experienced, the winrate for alliance is about 20% in normal battlegrounds, and 70% in epic battlegrounds.

Although time of the day also affects winrate noticeably. The winrate is much higher if I play late in the night, probably less kids playing then.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    From what I have experienced, the winrate for alliance is about 20% in normal battlegrounds, and 70% in epic battlegrounds.

Although time of the day also affects winrate noticeably. The winrate is much higher if I play late in the night, probably less kids playing then.
    Obay, but youre in the classic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

wtf is a epic battleground?

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Hint drop: AV, for example, is an epic battleground on retail.

On topic: you get what you deserve if you roll alliance and or/queue solo

Same thing that happened on Horde side in AV during TBC / Wotlk.
    Low queue times seems to make people lazy and unwilling to fight for a win.

Compare that to Horde, who have like 40min queues for AV, they're even defending and recalling in order to win.
    If you had told me that a few years ago, i would've laughed at you because that sort of "tactical awareness" is usually not seen in pug groups.

AV in particular is nasty case because you have even low level character / PvE'ers that just want to grab the Rep rewards and resort to AFK leeching.

Its been like that since the dawn of WoW, i think the pretty minecraft looking world of the alliance attract all the cod kiddies.

Funny enough in classic people always grp up to steamroll wins. Premades is popular there.

In retail premades and RBGs is dead, even though people can grp for it.

People want to rank easiest way possible(cant blame them), and thats by doing premades and steamroll each bg.

In the end, random bg queues has always been a risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    People try to rack up kills more than focusing on the objective. We all been in bgs where the bulk of the team didn't give a fuck about the objective and would just crash mid or road fight and then complain afterwards. I love when you get that rare group of random players that actually work together and play the objective and win (or lose with a close margin). I've always been 50/50 ish wins and loses in pvp so (unless you end up on faction dominated servers) I can't say if I believe that either faction sucks in that matter. I did hate BFA warmode.

In my experience, Alliance is not doing too bad in Classic other than 2 specific scenarios:

1) generally in AV where alliance is at big map disadvantage (and I say this as someone playing 100% Horde in retail since TBC)
    2) Playing against Horde premades or a Horde team with more than 2-3 twinks

Beyond that, in WSG and AB, if it's pug vs pug then alliance actually do tend to play as well as you would expect from a pug. The first hint of a Horde twink though and everything falls apart.

And obviously you do get games where your team-mates make you lose the will to live, but that has also been the case with Horde in retail for like forever

Premaid vs not hurts so hard.
    But yes horde in general have fewer kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Its been like that since the dawn of WoW, i think the pretty minecraft looking world of the alliance attract all the cod kiddies.
    Or attracts mature adults who aren't super tryhard?

You'd figure all the edgelord kids want to play undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buld a Wall at Iceblood and everything will be fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I didn't see this was a Classic thread, so feel free to ignore my comment

Although it's still possible that time of the day might affect win rate.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    yeah cool story,im sure all dem kidz think midgets and elves are so hip and rad!...no,people are atracted to whats better,and usualy normal adult people actualy tend to pick human,booring i know,kids tend to go for the cool bad ass undead orcs cows trolls

but anyways,like i said,people pick what works,in the past 99% of serious pvpers were aliance cause of human racial

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is almost fascinating that one faction can lose so much.

As Alliance:
    I think I won litterally 2 of the last ~100 AVs I played, not even exagurating.
    Won 3 of about 30 ABs.
    NEVER won a WSG, out of about 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the tryhards rolled horde, they might win more unless you premade, but their que time is atronomical compared to ally, most ally players just rank to get the gear and never touch bgs anymore