Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

FFXIV the worst game I've tried in a while

I can't begin to explain how bad this game feels. I mean, the story is good and all and if that is your jam, then you will probably like it. But if you want to raid, you need to be a pianist and able to press 30 buttons like a melody. That is how complicated the rotations are! It really shows one of the best things about wow: The simple rotations!
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

I wouldn't say FFXIV's rotations are complicated or WoW's are simple (WoW doesn't even have rotations anymore not really). I agree FFXIV's are needlessly bloated and WoW's are arguably too lean.

You're right though most people play FFXIV for the story, community and side activities not to push endgame progression or pvp. If you want that WoW's your game. I literally only play FFXIV for the story because I find the gameplay unpalatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    I can't begin to explain how bad this game feels. I mean, the story is good and all and if that is your jam, then you will probably like it. But if you want to raid, you need to be a pianist and able to press 30 buttons like a melody. That is how complicated the rotations are! It really shows one of the best things about wow: The simple rotations!
    They are not complicated, they are just bloated.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I just paid for the game, because I hit 30 and thought "Hey, this is a nice game" but now at 54 I am like WTF is this shit. I can't do these rotations without hand cramps, and yes I want simplistic. I heard "red mage is really simple" and thought phew, there's a class I can play. But NOPE, you still have 25 buttons to press... Jesus Christ.

Sounds like a "You suck" problem more than a "Game problem"

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Probably is, but If I knew it was a about playing an instrument I hadn't signed up.

It's not a game for everyone.

(Not me either, so I'm not pulling rank on ya.)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Probably is, but If I knew it was a about playing an instrument I hadn't signed up.
    Not sure what game you're playing but you don't need an instrument if you just keybind correctly. There's hardly any jobs in FFXIV that requires an insane APM compared to WoW

Yes, that's one of the major issues with the game. Again, it's not even hard to do, you just put all your abilities on your bars and click them one after another. It's just unnecessary bloat.

The real issue is how clucnky and not fluid the combat feels. In the end it doesn't really matter if there's 4 buttons or 20. It's how it feels. And FF's combat just doesn't feel as good as WoW's.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    I disagree. For instance back in Uldir I played affliction lock, had very good parses with it and at the same time I despised it. I literally could not stand how this spec operates. At some stage I simply refused to play it anymore and became much happier as a result.
    So its not always that you like the game when you are good and dislike when you are bad. There is this thing called entertainment and believe it or not games are supposed to entertain their players.
    It seems to be similar issue with how FFXIV works - people dislike having to push too many buttons cause it becomes a chore rather than enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, that's one of the major issues with the game. Again, it's not even hard to do, you just put all your abilities on your bars and click them one after another. It's just unnecessary bloat.

The real issue is how clucnky and not fluid the combat feels. In the end it doesn't really matter if there's 4 buttons or 20. It's how it feels. And FF's combat just doesn't feel as good as WoW's.
    Guess I will just stick to wow until eternity...rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I wouldn't say FFXIV's rotations are complicated or WoW's are simple (WoW doesn't even have rotations anymore not really). I agree FFXIV's are needlessly bloated and WoW's are arguably too lean.

You're right though most people play FFXIV for the story, community and side activities not to push endgame progression or pvp. If you want that WoW's your game. I literally only play FFXIV for the story because I find the gameplay unpalatable.
    ...How does WoW not have rotations?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    WoW generally moved to a priority model where you hit buttons as and when they become available based on their relative strength against their cost.
    FFXIV's rotations are just that a preset rotation you follow and never change, like the Summoner's rotation which follows a preset series of phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Some classes have way more buttons to press than others, which class did you end up choosing?

Guess I will just stick to wow until eternity...rip.
    For better or worse, it doesn't seem any mmorpg ever is gonna catch up to wow when it comes to how good the combat feels. Fanboys of many other mmorpgs will tell you otherwise, but they just don't seem to get it. WoW can have more popular and less popular features, even some universally hated, but when you aggro an enemy and start hitting it, you just feel like you're actually fighting it. When you think an ability in your head, it already starts happening on screen. Unlike in many other mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Probably one of those people who will split hairs over calling it "rotation" and "ability priority" as if it's not exactly the same effing thing

Technically...yes they are right, rotation implies you are using specific abilities one after another without any dynamic gameplay. Priority system and proc system means it's more dynamic than just "rotation", but everyone and their mother just calls it rotation because it's simpler and everyone knows the term.

EDIT/PS

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    WoW generally moved to a priority model where you hit buttons as and when they become available based on their relative strength against their cost.
    FFXIV's rotations are just that a preset rotation you follow and never change, like the Summoner's rotation which follows a preset series of phases.
    See? I was right. Posted this originally before reading the post above
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-06-15 at 06:29 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Need to be a pianist? The only class that even comes close to that is probably machinist, the rest of them are pretty tame. If you wanted to make a thread that says FF bad WoW good because your friends left you for it then id understand but find something better to complain about pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Need to be a pianist? The only class that even comes close to that is probably machinist, the rest of them are pretty tame. If you wanted to make a thread that says FF bad WoW good because your friends left you for it then id understand but find something better to complain about pls.
    I played a class that my friend, a veteran of the game, claimed was one of the simplest classes in the game (Dragoon). It had 18 skills in the rotation.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I played a class that my friend, a veteran of the game, claimed was one of the simplest classes in the game (Dragoon). It had 18 skills in the rotation.
    For your raid level burst/opener there might be that many but after that 15s youre essentially pressing 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 and using a buff cd in between.

I just got into Heavensward last week and I just stop. Story is good for an MMO and Square did great with the stories in post ARR leading up to Heavensward. I was really into the story and "Oops time to kill another Primal!!" You get back in the story and out of nowhere, "Lets kill another Primal!!!" That is my biggest complaint. Steps of Faith Battle of Ishgard was really fun to run.

Ffxiv has easier rotations than wow if you just read the skills.