Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I played a class that my friend, a veteran of the game, claimed was one of the simplest classes in the game (Dragoon). It had 18 skills in the rotation.
    I feel you, I picked Red Mage. Did toy with Dragoon a bit but didn't make it past 15, I just gave up.
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

I mean, there isn't that much for red mage anyways. If we look at single target gcds, you just have jolt, veraero/verthunder when its instant, verfire/verstone when they proc, the 1-2-3 of the melee dump, and reprise I guess. Your OCDs are just cooldowns you use after instant casts, and it's just fleche, contre sixte, acceleration, manafication, embolden, along with your dash in/dash out for the melee dump.

Again, most of the time you're just doing jolt into a veraero/verthunder with the occasional proc, and then dumping at 80 b/w mana. If you can't handle that I don't really know what to say. The aoe rotation is even simpler and I wish that there was some sort of proc in it because until you get moulinet it's spam veraero2/verthunder2 into scatter with no variation or meaningful dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    I can't begin to explain how bad this game feels. I mean, the story is good and all and if that is your jam, then you will probably like it. But if you want to raid, you need to be a pianist and able to press 30 buttons like a melody. That is how complicated the rotations are! It really shows one of the best things about wow: The simple rotations!
    One of the absolute worst things about wow right now are the boring simple rotations

With simple rotations, you can actually enjoy harder boss mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    I mean, there isn't that much for red mage anyways. If we look at single target gcds, you just have jolt, veraero/verthunder when its instant, verfire/verstone when they proc, the 1-2-3 of the melee dump, and reprise I guess. Your OCDs are just cooldowns you use after instant casts, and it's just fleche, contre sixte, acceleration, manafication, embolden, along with your dash in/dash out for the melee dump.

Again, most of the time you're just doing jolt into a veraero/verthunder with the occasional proc, and then dumping at 80 b/w mana. If you can't handle that I don't really know what to say. The aoe rotation is even simpler and I wish that there was some sort of proc in it because until you get moulinet it's spam veraero2/verthunder2 into scatter with no variation or meaningful dump.
    Out of curiosity. Is it possible to play red mage and only use casterphase rotation or do I HAVE to do melee too?

Guess I will just stick to wow until eternity...rip.
    Ugh, I know this feeling all too well.

You desperately want something to be even remotely as good as WoW, but none of them can manage to come close. And that's even when WoW has been trending in the wrong direction for a few years, too.

WoW at its peak may be the best videogame we ever play, and almost certainly the best MMO we'll ever play.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity. Is it possible to play red mage and only use casterphase rotation or do I HAVE to do melee too?
    you MUST do melee. its a huge portion of your dps and leads to the finisher at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Ugh, I know this feeling all too well.

You desperately want something to be even remotely as good as WoW, but none of them can manage to come close. And that's even when WoW has been trending in the wrong direction for a few years, too.

WoW at its peak may be the best videogame we ever play, and almost certainly the best MMO we'll ever play.
    Please don't say it. I really want a new but similar mmorpg, at least gameplay wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Ffxiv has easier rotations than wow if you just read the skills.
    the rotations in wow are much easier on average in my opinion. but the raid fights in ffxiv are also a lot simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the rotations in wow are much easier on average in my opinion. but the raid fights in ffxiv are also a lot simpler.
    Exactly what I am trying to get to. I guess I like it the other way around, easy to learn but hard to master.

- - - Updated - - -

What harder boss mechanics?

Nyalotha literally has no hard boss mechanics.

Currently there is no way to distinguish a good player from a bad player based on their dps. Its so easy to execute that most people do it like 90%+ correct and most of the damage is passive damage from all the layers of diffferent systems we have anyway.

Yes, most players can do a 80%+ log. But that's the good part of it, everyone can play it regardless of skills.

If you can show me your 90%+ logs on mythic nyalotha(for all bosses) I will eat my hat.

Yes, most players can do a 80%+ log. But that's the good part of it, everyone can play it regardless of skills.

If you can show me your 90%+ logs on mythic nyalotha(for all bosses) I will eat my hat.
    90%+ logs comes from gear and luck. What exactly arent you getting?

The fact that most players can pull good logs isnt a good thing. Good logs should come off the back of playing well. Not being lucky with Infinite stars procs
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-06-15 at 08:01 PM.

Maybe 5% is luck, but I am sure you can make 90% log with average luck. I have done so myself in 8.2. According to you "Its so easy to execute that most people do it like 90%+ correct".

The tough part in wow (unlike ff14) is mechanics+positioning.

So you're a low level that barely experienced any of the difficult content in the game yet you say that there is no mechanics + positioning, when in FF14 savage raids the entire raid is about proper positioning or you get 1 shot/1 shot your entire raid? Have you looked up the current raid guide for Shiva Savage in Shadowbringers? And you're not skilled enough to manage rotations that are complex and actually, wait for it, reward you if you do them well? You want brainless 3 button rotations?

I mean that's fine, but if you're going to call a game the worst game ever and your argument is ignorance and "It's too hard" then I suppose some games just aren't for everyone. Like Dark Souls
    Last edited by La; 2020-06-15 at 08:10 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I to tried red mage for something simple and couldn't get into it. Eventually stumbled into Samuri and ended up loving it. It has a lot of buttons, like everything, but it flows well.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Maybe 5% is luck, but I am sure you can make 90% log with average luck. I have done so myself in 8.2. According to you "Its so easy to execute that most people do it like 90%+ correct".

The tough part in wow (unlike ff14) is mechanics+positioning.
    The bolded comment here just shows you arent playing BFA endgame right now. Like it really just shows.

There is literally no hard mechanics in Nyalotha as i already said. The game was objectively dumbed down for people like you from pandaria and WoD.

I hate it. I absolutely think it sucks that your rotation is so simple that we cant tell good people from bad people

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    So you're a low level that barely experienced any of the difficult content in the game yet you say that there is no mechanics + positioning, when in FF14 savage raids the entire raid is about proper positioning or you get 1 shot/1 shot your entire raid? And you're not skilled enough to manage rotations that are complex and actually, wait for it, reward you if you do them well? So the game is the worst game you've tried in a while? Honestly, I just thought
    Please refer to the earlier stated comment, someone said it was simple, which is what I am basing it on. I have no idea how the end game is, only what I read from others, so you are absolutely right. What I actually tried to say was that the other person commenting have not made 90% logs on mythic and it was quite off-topic. I apologize for the confusion.

I only know this: FF14 is too hard for me just basing on the rotation itself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The bolded comment here just shows you arent playing BFA endgame right now. Like it really just shows.

There is literally no hard mechanics in Nyalotha as i already said. The game was objectively dumbed down for people like you from pandaria and WoD.

I hate it. I absolutely think it sucks that your rotation is so simple that we cant tell good people from bad people
    I only tried to call you out on your bs lie about it being so easy that you can't tell good from bad people. And no I do not play current wow.

I feel you, I picked Red Mage. Did toy with Dragoon a bit but didn't make it past 15, I just gave up.
    Wait a minute, as a DRG expert i know that the minimum lvl to become one is to be lvl 30.... I CALL HERESY HERE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Not sure what game you're playing but you don't need an instrument if you just keybind correctly. There's hardly any jobs in FFXIV that requires an insane APM compared to WoW
    Ninja has the highest APM in the game, and DRK a close second. Both upwards of 80-90 APM if played right. So yeah, it is MUCH worse than WoW in that regard. And if you aren't hitting those thresholds, then you won't be doing good dps for that class, and people will notice.

Honestly, I tried the game like 4 years ago and the thing that made me stop playing were the super flashy animations during raids. Pretty sure if I had continued I would have gotten epilepsy lol.