Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    That's still not our job to fix.
    That's why we have society, hun; the creation of systems to ensure personal biases like yours don't lead to someone's injury or death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *looks at the thread of 500 and climbing videos of police brutality which is representative of the cops on their best behavior*

No reason. Aside from the fact I love my neighbor more than my television.

I live in Seattle. When we say "SPD has been a problem for years", that is what we mean.
    How many contacts do police have every year with the general public?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    How many contacts do police have every year with the general public?
    Depends; are they white or are they Black?, And are they living in a city, or a suburb? That's kind of the entire point here.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    So what is your job exactly?
    ER nurse. If you come here and you're just drunk, you won't get admitted.

10+ Year Old Account
    ER nurse. If you come here and you're just drunk, you won't get admitted.
    Yeah, no. You would be terminated on the spot for turning a patient away here, and with good reason. Attitudes like yours do not belong in healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was an alcoholic for like a decade. If I passed out when I was waiting in a drive through I'd be really fucking concerned.

Scared of what? You arguing against what I'm not saying?
    I'm sure that's the case, considering the lack of baseline knowledge of what happens when people drink alcohol.

It was a straightforward question. I'll simplify it for you. In your country, is driving while intoxicated legal?

Yeah, no. You would be terminated on the spot for turning a patient away here, and with good reason. Attitudes like yours do not belong in healthcare.
    Being drunk doesn't warrant medical attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends; are they white or are they Black?, And are they living in a city, or a suburb? That's kind of the entire point here.
    The statistics are freely available if you want to define it by such parameters, so if you want to present the information accordingly feel free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being drunk doesn't warrant medical attention.
    Kicking someone in a state of distress out of an emergency department is a shitty thing to do, sweetheart. There's no way to spin it otherwise.

I'll simplify it for you. In your country, is driving while intoxicated legal?
    They live in NZ, driving while intoxicated is not legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The statistics are freely available if you want to define it by such parameters, so if you want to present the information accordingly feel free.
    Cool, you have an entire thread about the Floyd Protests to peruse. You're welcome.

Quit your job you sociopath.
    I think you need to look up what that actually means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, you have an entire thread about the Floyd Protests to peruse. You're welcome.
    So that's, what.... three instances that have been brought up for discussion in the threat? George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and now this. Found the statistics for total contacts yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to look up what that actually means.
    "A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience."

If the size forty-two squeaky shoe fits.

"A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience."

If the size forty-two squeaky shoe fits.
    And I don't fit the criteria for it. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between passing out and blacking out.

Why is it relevant? I've already said that people driving drunk isnt the solution. After people get medical care they can be charged, the police escalate. Escaltation is what you want to avoid with drunk people.
    He was obviously responsive when addressed by police.

Oh, and if you're able to get up and drive/walk to an ER, you probably aren't at threshold of death.

Quit your job. Or stop lying about it. Either one.

Your moral ineptitude shouldn't have impacts on people's health, but it does.
    So what do you think we should do with people who are just drunk then?

10+ Year Old Account
    And I don't fit the criteria for it. Not even close.
    Sure you do. And you aren't alone; attitudes like yours leads to a situation in which hundreds of patients are turned away because their symptoms are not taken seriously. It's a blight upon medicine as a practice.

Fucking help them get home, reassure them they will be okay. Tell them to sleep on their side and sip water. It's what they do here. If it's not busy they might let you sleep.

What exactly do you think we're doing when someone drunk shows up, that we just say "fuck you and your drinking, go away"?

10+ Year Old Account

What exactly do you think we're doing when someone drunk shows up, that we just say "fuck you and your drinking, go away"?
    Given everything you've said about your beliefs on this thread?

Yes, I believe that is exactly a sort of scenario that has happened before at your place of employment. It carries big "I work as a registrar for a specialty clinic and its a privilege that I'm even talking to you" energy.