10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I've never understood why people take such great pleasure from wishing the end of the world on us all. The ultimate "I told you so"?
    It's not wishing the end of the world, but joking with nonsense staments. If NASA came and told us that ans asteroid would come and would wipe the planet out, i would believe and would not joke with it. There is a diference betwin science facts and apocalyptical thinking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How many decades of middle ground has there been?
    How many peaceful protests have their been?

A man kneeling during the anthem was an unacceptable affront to America, do you think standing far apart and asking the police to please stop killing them is going to accomplish anything at all?
    3 ish years ago, I dared to make the comment that protesting both violent and non violent historically is a very unsuccessful mode of creating social change and the few examples it worked are exceptions to the norm.

At that point I was attacked by a group of people on the forums who cos play as antifa.

I'm glad that, though it took a long road to get there people are Finaly realising I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    It's not wishing the end of the world, but joking with nonsense staments. If NASA came and told us that ans asteroid would come and would wipe the planet out, i would believe and would not joke with it. There is a diference betwin science facts and apocalyptical thinking nonsense.
    Sorry, yes - I didn't make it clear... I was referring to the actual doomsday lot mentioned in the NY Post article, not snarking at you. Thought this was funny:

In 2012, doomsday theorists were convinced the world was ending on Dec. 21, and hordes of believers flocked to Mayan sites in Mexico and Guatemala — only to be left disappointed and dirty due to the lack of sanitation at ancient Mayan pyramids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    3 ish years ago, I dared to make the comment that protesting both violent and non violent historically is a very unsuccessful mode of creating social change and the few examples it worked are exceptions to the norm.

At that point I was attacked by a group of people on the forums who cos play as antifa.

I'm glad that, though it took a long road to get there people are Finaly realising I was right.
    And yet we are seeing a lot of changes because of US protests. How does it feel to have your conservative worldview shattered?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    In 2012, doomsday theorists were convinced the world was ending on Dec. 21, and hordes of believers flocked to Mayan sites in Mexico and Guatemala — only to be left disappointed and dirty due to the lack of sanitation at ancient Mayan pyramids.
    Did Mayan predict that they will disappear?

I cannot believe people believe a failed civilization.

Uh oh. The reproduction rate is above 1 again after Germany started to lift restrictions. It used to be as low as 0.8 at some point.

I think they said if it goes above 1.25 they're closing shops again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted without further comment.

U.S. FDA revokes emergency use status of drug touted by Trump for COVID-19

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Monday revoked the emergency use authorization for malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, the use of which has been championed by U.S. President Donald Trump.

The FDA said based on new evidence, it was no longer reasonable to believe that oral formulations of hydroxychloroquine and the related drug chloroquine may be effective in treating the respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus.

The move comes after several studies of the drug suggested it was not effective, including a widely anticipated trial earlier this month showed it failed to prevent infection in people who have been exposed to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Did Mayan predict that they will disappear?

I cannot believe people believe a failed civilization.
    I don't care, mate! Just thought it very funny that a load of people turned up without any bog roll. Lack of foresight. lol

Pretty sure he already said something similar before. In any case, this truly is so dumb that I cannot comprehend how something so stupid can be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Pretty sure he already said something similar before. In any case, this truly is so dumb that I cannot comprehend how something so stupid can be said.
    Now he is preparing for November. He needs to be able to say that the virus is basically under control, and that a high stock market proves that his economy is doing great too. I believe that his intention is to test as little as possible with the intention of making the virus numbers (and stock market numbers) look as rosy as possible for October and the first week of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Now he is preparing for November. He needs to be able to say that the virus is basically under control, and that a high stock market proves that his economy is doing great too. I believe that his intention is to test as little as possible with the intention of making the virus numbers (and stock market numbers) look as rosy as possible for October and the first week of November.
    If i were paranoid i would believe the claims some make that Trump WANTS the protesters and old people to get Covid19. Less democratic voters until November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Experience in the US in 2020 shows that not testing only works to hide the cases for a few months (possibly shorter time this time since it starts from a higher level), and then it exploded regardless.

November is further away, so I don't understand how this tactic will work. It could be that the tactic is more advanced, or that there isn't any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    If i were paranoid i would believe the claims some make that Trump WANTS the protesters and old people to get Covid19. Less democratic voters until November.
    I thought old people were more likely to be republican, and I don't see how the Trump mass rallies fit into this picture - do they attract lots of democratic voters?

Good to see the right and left in the US are in agreement that the virus isn't an issue anymore, considering all the idiot protesters not wearing masks the last couple of months.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna just lay low, wear a mask when I have to go out, and let all you patriots and revolutionary comrades do your thing, and hopefully natural selection will do its thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Good to see the right and left in the US are in agreement that the virus isn't an issue anymore, considering all the idiot protesters not wearing masks the last couple of months.
    Data suggests George Floyd protests have not caused coronavirus spike in NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm more or less being facetious about how the virus seemed to recede into the background overnight. But also, that article mentioned there is a lag in testing that, coupled with the virus' long incubation period means it might still be too soon to tell. We'll see, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cases rising and emergency directives that allowed to enforce masks expired today.

Meanwhile we still are pretty good with severe cases, there are only about 30 country-wide, but if nothing is done this will too rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I thought old people were more likely to be republican, and I don't see how the Trump mass rallies fit into this picture - do they attract lots of democratic voters?
    Old people vote more than young people, and the majority in the last vote was democrats. It's safe to reason that the majority of the older people vote democrat. And we are not talking about the Trump rallies but the mass protests against racism, police brutality ... those do not strike me as the guys and gals that vote republican.
    But then, it is only a theory. Grain of salt and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

Meanwhile, I'm gonna just lay low, wear a mask when I have to go out, and let all you patriots and revolutionary comrades do your thing, and hopefully natural selection will do its thing.
    Good thing its mostly young people protesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Cases rising and emergency directives that allowed to enforce masks expired today.
    Looks to me like it's holding steady for now.

Corona is pretty much dead in Germany though. Two more weeks until we see whether reopening schools did anything.